Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

They must have thought it was an 8:30 kick off.

;-)

Seriously, though, apart from the first 20 seconds (!), we've been excellent.

Last season's Boulders is back. Arguably at fault for the Villa goal, and a badly timed challenge for the red card. No argument from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Masala

blueser wrote: »
    Last season's Boulders is back. Arguably at fault for the Villa goal, and a badly timed challenge for the red card. No argument from me.

don't know what Pep was getting animated at on the sideline???? we had no problem seeing the Leeds lad seeing red for same on Sat. The tackle by Stones had red written all over it...

Get in. A huge win, that. And we were excellent value for it. Phil with a MOTM performance for me. Over to Leeds at the weekend now.

Masala wrote: »

don't know what Pep was getting animated at on the sideline???? we had no problem seeing the Leeds lad seeing red for same on Sat. The tackle by Stones had red written all over it...
    Spot on. Both red cards were correct decisions. Pep feeling the pressure, possibly. There could be no argument re Boulders' sending off. 20 years ago, maybe. But not under the current rules.

• Advertisement

I see Dean Smith has said he didn't think that Boulders' challenge was worthy of a red card. Hmm; I'm not sure about that. 10 years ago, he'd have probably got a yellow for it. But the way the rules are these days, I don't think the ref had a choice. Both reds were correct, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I see Dean Smith has said he didn't think that Boulders' challenge was worthy of a red card. Hmm; I'm not sure about that. 10 years ago, he'd have probably got a yellow for it. But the way the rules are these days, I don't think the ref had a choice. Both reds were correct, in my opinion.

Fair enough comment by Dean Smith. It happened right in front of him, he had a good look and as you've said, 10 years ago that would never have been a red.

But we all agreed that the Leeds card last week was a red, and by the same token Stones' challenges last night was a red as well. There was no intention in it but it was knee high and he didn't get any of the ball - no real reasons to complain (other than to Stones for going into an unnecessary challenge like that)

Two more wins needed to confirm the title. If we beat Palace at lunchtime next saturday, and Liverpool beat utd on sunday afternoon, that's it.

Sterling looking in the mood so far.

All over them so far, but we need to make it count, because you just know thast Spurs will score with their first proper attempt on goal.

• Advertisement

How are we not ahead here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Thought it was a 5.30 kickoff, only tuning in now:mad:

Hope they leave Laporte in the dressing room... he is a walking red card in this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Masala wrote:
    Hope they leave Laporte in the dressing room... he is a walking red card in this game

Hehehehe

You were saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Relieved that we won that, had a feeling Spurs were going to nick one. Roll on PSG.

Chomp chomp chomp....me eating my words. ,,!

How could I know better than Pep,,,,!! That’s why he on big bucks ....

Someone on the Spurs thread saying the ref gave it to us.

:rolleyes:

Someone on the Spurs thread saying the ref gave it to us.

:rolleyes:

:D

Spurs gave it to us...they were very bad, even Son and Kane, I don't see how they could have any complaints.

The Laporte thing has been talked about enough but if he goes then Reguillon would have gone too and 10 v 10 would probably suit City even more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

This suggestion thar Laporte should have got a red is such complete bo11ocks. Would make sense if he got carded for the first offence and was let off for the second. But if he's on a yellow there's no way he'll commit that second foul. That is if the situation even arose.

• Advertisement

:D

Spurs gave it to us...they were very bad, even Son and Kane, I don't see how they could have any complaints.

The Laporte thing has been talked about enough but if he goes then Reguillon would have gone too and 10 v 10 would probably suit City even more
    Funny how Reguillon is being ignored.

All credit to Ryan Mason. Saying that the potential red card incident isn't the main talking point. Sensible young man. He could go far in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Great win. Thoroughly deserved and one of our best performances of the seasons.

I will never take winning any cup for granted. Such a great feeling seeing us life a trophy. U never know when it will be the last one so enjoy it blues.

POKERKING wrote: »
    Great win. Thoroughly deserved and one of our best performances of the seasons.

I will never take winning any cup for granted. Such a great feeling seeing us life a trophy. U never know when it will be the last one so enjoy it blues.
    Absolutely. I hope we as a club and a fanbase never get so arrogant and/or blasé about winning trophies, no matter how "minor" they may seem to others. We went long enough watching dust gather on the shelves of our trophy cabinet. Long may this current era continue. Saw a great stat on twitter today; the last time City were knocked out of the EFL Cup, Barack Obama was president of the USA.

Get over this:

Phil Foden has won as many major trophies as Leeds. Seven on both counts.

He is 20!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Get over this:

Phil Foden has won as many major trophies as Leeds. Seven on both counts.

He is 20!!!!

A trophy every 9 games, wonder if he can keep that stat going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

All credit to Ryan Mason. Saying that the potential red card incident isn't the main talking point. Sensible young man. He could go far in the game.

He wont.

How he started Winks against yee, and then brought on Sissoko, and took off Moura. :confused:

Fair dues, an awesome team performance. It could have been 5-6 !

And most Spurs fans know that reggy was left away with his first foul , and yellow, before he was booked, same as Leporte.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    He wont.

How he started Winks against yee, and then brought on Sissoko, and took off Moura. :confused:

Fair dues, an awesome team performance. It could have been 5-6 !

And most Spurs fans know that reggy was left away with his first foul , and yellow, before he was booked, same as Leporte.
    Excellent post gs. I think most Spurs and City fans wouldn't have any complaints if it had finished 10 v 10. Both Eric and Reguillon got away with bookable tackles yesterday. If they'd both been booked early on, the chances are that they wouldn't have committed their second tackles. But it's impossible to prove that, of course. Fair point re Moura. In my opinion, he was your most threatening player. Eric was struggling with him, and I bet he was delighted to see the back of him. And Mason is only starting out in the management game, so I wouldn't be too hard on him. He needs to learn the ropes, maybe at a League 1 or 2 club. He's not ready for a job of the size of the Spurs job. I saw something on SSN this morning (may have changed since) re. Sarri being the early bookies' favourite for the gig. Any thoughts about that?

• Advertisement

Ez1pjnqWQAEBrie?format=jpg&name=small

Nice gesture by Phil and Ilkay there. Losing a final hurts; I still have flashbacks about Wigan.
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Excellent post gs. I think most Spurs and City fans wouldn't have any complaints if it had finished 10 v 10. Both Eric and Reguillon got away with bookable tackles yesterday. If they'd both been booked early on, the chances are that they wouldn't have committed their second tackles. But it's impossible to prove that, of course. Fair point re Moura. In my opinion, he was your most threatening player. Eric was struggling with him, and I bet he was delighted to see the back of him. And Mason is only starting out in the management game, so I wouldn't be too hard on him. He needs to learn the ropes, maybe at a League 1 or 2 club. He's not ready for a job of the size of the Spurs job. I saw something on SSN this morning (may have changed since) re. Sarri being the early bookies' favourite for the gig. Any thoughts about that?

To be honest i dont know.

I dont know if any manager could do anything with the team/squad/club.
    The players are septic. Theres a toxic feeling about them.

They downed tools on Poch - The media blamed Poch.
    They downed tools on Mourinho - The media blamed Mourinho.
    They lay down and took a hiding off yee last Sunday - The media are now starting to blame the players.

Lots of Spurs fans were blinded by the media bias against Mourinho, but there a cancerous viper running the club, and another cesspit of overpampered players that have achieved nothing.
    There needs to be a clear out from the top , and the crowds are getting more vociferous. The SuperLeague thing was a step too far.

I said it years ago, we will NEVER win anything with Enic in charge.

(sorry for the rant - i feel better though :) )

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    To be honest i dont know.

I dont know if any manager could do anything with the team/squad/club.
    The players are septic. Theres a toxic feeling about them.

They downed tools on Poch - The media blamed Poch.
    They downed tools on Mourinho - The media blamed Mourinho.
    They lay down and took a hiding off yee last Sunday - The media are now starting to blame the players.

Lots of Spurs fans were blinded by the media bias against Mourinho, but there a cancerous viper running the club, and another cesspit of overpampered players that have achieved nothing.
    There needs to be a clear out from the top , and the crowds are getting more vociferous. The SuperLeague thing was a step too far.

I said it years ago, we will NEVER win anything with Enic in charge.

(sorry for the rant - i feel better though :) )
    We all need to let off steam from time to time. I might well feel the need come FT tomorrow evening! Anyway, it's cathartic!

Congratulations to our friends at Cheltenham Town (remember the "virtual tickets" initiative?), who achieved promotion from League 2 tonight. Next season, they'll be playing in the third tier of English football for the first time since the 2008/09 campaign. That was a scary game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I've got the jitters. I'm finding it tough to predict tonight. It's our strongest lineup (maybe an argument could be made for Laporte) and, for the vast majority of the 2 legs we did a great job of shutting down the Haaland threat. Really hoping we can do similar tonight and leave with at least 1 away goal.

Stones ahead of Laporte??? Has been great all season but shaky recently. Bit of a risk I feel. C'mon City.

• Advertisement

Yes!!!!!!!

That could be huge. Even a 2-1 defeat, I'd take.

2 - 1 victory even better!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

Disgraceful tackle that. Hopefully ilkay's not too bad

What a really gritty performance by City, one foot in the final. Bullied PSG in the second half. Enjoyed that.

• Advertisement

Some second half from ye folks, fair play

The risk taker in me wanted to throw on one or more of Aguero/Jesus/Sterling to really go for the juggler but 1-2 is fantastic, unreal second half performance

I would have thrown either Sterling or Aguero on, definitely after the red card, but I guess there is a reason why Pep is the manager and not me.

What a brilliant night, would have been even sweeter if we had gotten a third, which was definitely on the cards, but maybe that's getting greedy.

The job's not done yet but what a position to be in!

Some second half from ye folks, fair play
    Up there with Ali vs Foreman in the rope-a-dope stakes. Seriously, though; we were poor in the first half, and I was delighted to be only 1 down at that stage. But whatever he said to them in the dressing room, it lit a firework under their collective arses. We gave them a chasing in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

City now odds on 4\6 to win the Champions League! For those who like an emotional hedge time to do a chunky lay on betfair!

Hello, Blues!
    551766.jpg

Well done to the EDS lads.....

https://twitter.com/City_Chief/status/1388241040247824391?s=19

An omen for the weekend? Who knows?

What a finish by Aguero there, savouring every last moment from him now, he actually looked sharp enough all game.

Willing to wait a while longer for the confirmation of the league win so hoping for a united win tomorrow or at least a draw to keep that crowd out of the champions league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Yes, got to keep focus on tuesdays game, a title celebration can wait a little longer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement