Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

E0TfB_IWYAE2R92?format=jpg&name=large

3 more points.....

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Round 2 seconds away, bound to be some drama, C'mon City

Choice of Zinchenko pays off.... Yes

Great start. But that's all it is; a start. By the way, that original penalty decision was farcical.

Foden handball which could have ended in goal was atrocious too. Another goal please to settle the nerves.

We'll have to be ultra careful with our challenges in the second half. I'm expecting the full RADA/Royal Shakespeare Company repertoire from PSG.

Game opening up now

What a beauty, w h a t a beauty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

What a day blues. Drink it in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Unbelievable, was really nervous before the start, but the team all around were brilliant, especially the defence. Hope we get Real Madrid for the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Unbelievable, was really nervous before the start, but the team all around were brilliant, especially the defence. Hope we get Real Madrid for the final.

That's unreal to say but yeah I do to .
    Great two games PSG turned dirty and there was def one more red deserved for them .

Lots of bitterness in the CL thread. Which is a pity, but hey ho; this forum will always be like that.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Yessss!! Come on! Delighted for the team, the vast majority of whom have gone through a lot of CL disappointment with the club. And the pressure of taking a lead into the 2nd leg must have been immense. Delighted for Guardiola, for my money the best coach you'll ever see. Bloody masterclass over 2 legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

A joy to watch well done City, hope you go on and win it now. If he can keep his feet on the ground (no pun intended) Foden is going to be the one of the best all time english players, he has it all and apart from his skills he has great discipline and awareness for a fairly young player.

• Advertisement

Yessss!! Come on! Delighted for the team, the vast majority of whom have gone through a lot of CL disappointment with the club. And the pressure of taking a lead into the 2nd leg must have been immense. Delighted for Guardiola, for my money the best coach you'll ever see. Bloody masterclass over 2 legs.
    ]Agreed. One of the most feared forward lines in world football barely laid a finger on us over 180 minutes,

blueser wrote: »
    ]Agreed. One of the most feared forward lines in world football barely laid a finger on us over 180 minutes,

Mbappe, Neymar and Haaland nullified. Foden tearing it up. You love to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Somebody please hand Fernandinho a new contract, for however many years he wants! If he's still that good at 36 it means he just stopped aging a few years ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Great result - i still havent seen the game as we had a power cut here last night.

Any preferences for who we would like to see in the final ?

Personally id prefer Chelsea but i think we have a better team than either

At last an article in the Guardian that is appreciative of City's achievements

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/may/05/manchester-city-magisterial-win-a-triumph-of-composure-and-philosophy-psg

No real preference but perhaps Chelsea, we know exactly how they will play and they
    don't have any standout match winner to turn a close game. Would be nice to beat them next game to dent their confidence.

• Advertisement

Would rather Real Madrid, but against either we're favourites. I just think Madrid at the back are a lot more susceptible than Chelsea at the moment.

Would definitely prefer Real.

1) it's less of a special occasion when you play against a team that you meet 3-4 times per year anyway.

2) Chelsea made us look very ordinary in the FA Cup Semi. I know it wasn't our best team but still.

Not that we have a choice. We're going to be favourites against either.

Urgh, Chelsea it is so. That will add a real bite to our premier League game against them. Hope we play our second team against them as don't want to be tipping our hand, but maybe such thinking is wrong and fruitless.

Urgh, Chelsea it is so. That will add a real bite to our premier League game against them. Hope we play our second team against them as don't want to be tipping our hand, but maybe such thinking is wrong and fruitless.

Play our best team, trounce them, win the Premiership and then prepare. That's a plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ye can have the title this weekend if you give us big ears at the end of the month.

Deal?

>>
    <<

Two best sides in the final anyway, see ye in a few weeks lads.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ye can have the title this weekend if you give us big ears at the end of the month.

Deal?

>>
    <<

Two best sides in the final anyway, see ye in a few weeks lads.

We gave you the one cup, you'll give us the other.
    I think that was the deal all along. Don't renege on it now.

Would definitely prefer Real.

(1) it's less of a special occasion when you play against a team that you meet 3-4 times per year anyway.
    2) Chelsea made us look very ordinary in the FA Cup Semi. I know it wasn't our best team but still.

Not that we have a choice. We're going to be favourites against either.
    Agreed. It would have more of a European feel to it if the two sides were from different countries. I've never really enjoyed single country finals. But, it is what it is. We now need to wrap the starting XI from tuesday night in cotton wool and bubble wrap for the remaining PL games. That team, for me, starts in Istanbul.

Agreed. It would have more of a European feel to it if the two sides were from different countries. I've never really enjoyed single country finals. But, it is what it is. We now need to wrap the starting XI from tuesday night in cotton wool and bubble wrap for the remaining PL games. That team, for me, starts in Istanbul.

Not sure I would agree about wrapping them in cotton wool. The final is 3 and a half weeks away, I would keep playing them on a rotational basis as need to keep them match fit.

Blackburn and the grassy knoll!

Still getting goosebumps just thinking of Goater's equaliser after they'd been all over us for an hour! Still one of my best days as a City fan, despite everything that was going to come.

Blackburn and the grassy knoll!

Still getting goosebumps just thinking of Goater's equaliser after they'd been all over us for an hour! Still one of my best days as a City fan, despite everything that was going to come.
    Not got the faintest idea how we were only ever one down in that game. How many times did Blackburn hit the woodwork; 3 or 4?

• Advertisement

Not got the faintest idea how we were only ever one down in that game. How many times did Blackburn hit the woodwork; 3 or 4?

If I remember correctly, 4 times! Plus a number of impressive saves by Nicky Weaver.

It was the most ridiculous 4:1 ever after being completely outplayed for most of the game. Then Kevin Horlock crossed into the box, The Goat got on the end of it and the rest, as they say, is history!

Your team to take the title! ðŸ†

XI | Ederson, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Ake, Mendy, Rodrigo, Torres, Sterling (C), Aguero, Jesus

SUBS | Steffen, Walker, Gundogan, Zinchenko, Bernardo, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Foden, Garcia

⚽️ @HaysWorldwide
    🔷 #ManCity | https://t.co/axa0klD5re https://t.co/lWsdGRxQRg

XI | Ederson, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Ake, Mendy, Rodrigo, Torres, Sterling (C), Aguero, Jesus

SUBS | Steffen, Walker, Gundogan, Zinchenko, Bernardo, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Foden, Garcia

⚽️ @HaysWorldwide
    🔷 #ManCity | https://t.co/axa0klD5re https://t.co/lWsdGRxQRg

That is one weird team. Pep is playing mind games it looks like.

⚽️ @HaysWorldwide
    &#55357;&#56631; #ManCity | https://t.co/axa0klD5re https://t.co/lWsdGRxQRg
    Rotation City, USA!

Terrible attempt by Aguero, hope he makes up for it in the second half.

Terrible attempt by Aguero, hope he makes up for it in the second half.
    Trying to be Jack the lad there. Ending up looking a fool. It'd be one thing if he had an outstanding penalty record, but he doesn't. Indeed, as a team, our record is underwhelming, to put it mildly.

That is one weird team. Pep is playing mind games it looks like.

I can only assume that Pep is trying not to give Tuchel any hints from a basically meaningless game

I can only assume that Pep is trying not to give Tuchel any hints from a basically meaningless game
    Well; I'd be amazed if Tuchel doesn't have a detailed dossier on how our different line ups play. Same goes for Pep.

Such skill from Laporte there

• Advertisement

It won't make the slightest bit of difference in the end but how that challenge on Sterling was not deemed a penalty I will never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

It won't make the slightest bit of difference in the end but how that challenge on Sterling was not deemed a penalty I will never know.

as a chelsea fan , how was he still on the pitch ?

peteeeed wrote: »
    as a chelsea fan , how was he still on the pitch ?
    Eh?

Eh?

the tackle is the first half where he should have gone

Go home, you're drunk

• Advertisement

Is coming on a rival team's thread and having a go at one of their players acceptable now on here?

Is coming on a rival team's thread and having a go at one of their players acceptable now on here?

was just making a point that sterling should have gone in the first half , thats all

was just making a point that sterling should have gone in the first half , thats all
    I could go on to your mob's thread, complaining about the penalty we didn't get. But I haven't. Try to remember that.

I'm finished on here. The modding is risible.

Pep very definitive - it was a penalty. Let's move on and learn from this one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement