Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Champions!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Deserving winners, congrats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭feedthegoat

Fantastic achievement by City given their start to the season. A real team effort with goals all round. Delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Congrats from a Utd fan....hard watching Dias,Gundogan and Foden in last few months playing great stuff.

Hopefully we sign a few players in the Summer to try and bridge the gap to ye......and ye don’t sign Haaland:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Champions!!!! What a season after a shocking start, great to win the league always the big one for me. Huge credit to the players have been fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Hard fought at times , and well deserved .
    The trophy cabinet looking good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Congratulations we'll deserved just shows how far ahead of everyone else your manager is. He made some. Great calls this season. Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭dobman88

Deserving winners and although it pains me to say it, I love watching city play. Enjoy the celebrations. It looks like absolute carnage at the stadium tonight.

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1392204545330143256?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

City's major improvement this season seems to have stemmed from the defensive aspect. They appear harder to break down and it is to Guardiola's credit that he has been able to strengthen in that area without compromising further up the field.

But do they have to be so cynical.? They are the masters at the little tap or "misjudged" tackle that breaks up their opponents play and allows City to regroup and stop the break. It is very frustrating to see it happen on such a consistent basis without being sanctioned by officials. I really hope refs are harder with this aspect of play. They have such an array of talent that they don't need to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

greendom wrote: »
    City's major improvement this season seems to have stemmed from the defensive aspect. They appear harder to break down and it is to Guardiola's credit that he has been able to strengthen in that area without compromising further up the field.

But do they have to be so cynical.? They are the masters at the little tap or "misjudged" tackle that breaks up their opponents play and allows City to regroup and stop the break. It is very frustrating to see it happen on such a consistent basis without being sanctioned by officials. I really hope refs are harder with this aspect of play. They have such an array of talent that they don't need to do it.

I think this is the trick - City did compromise further up the field, but with an acceptable margin or error. On course to score around 25 goals fewer than last season, and concede around 10 fewer. Points total will likely be an improvement of around 6 or 7.

The biggest contrast between last season and this, is the lack of a challenger - last years league performances and points totals would've won the league this year too. But standing still (and even making slight gains) is not to be sniffed at in the context of such a condensed season. The huge, and hugely talented, squad have made all the difference in keeping the team looking fresh throughout the past few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I sure hope the lads will get back from the beach before the CL final!

What a beautifully worked and scored goal, classic

And again, scene set for Aguero to come on and score

Aaaaaaaaaguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Please Pep, get DeBruyne off and wrapped in wool.

Absolutely, before Richarlison nabs him

Legend.... Let hope he gets the hat trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He will score the winning goal on Saturday night

Absolutely, before Richarlison nabs him

Richarlison off anyway.

• Advertisement

It’s very sad

That man gave me one of the happiest memories of my life

It’s very sad

That man gave me one of the happiest memories of my life

Share that sentiment, after so many years of being a calamity team with the odd brilliant player, he was the one who started this great decade of success.

Hopefully he will get on the pitch next Saturday and win the Champions League.

That’s how you do a trophy presentation

Only six sleepless nights to go .. can't wait!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Masala

blueser wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/I_fcWKE4UJs

You've gotta love the guy.

Jeez... that would bring tears to a stone. I would LUV to have a pint with him some day and just listen to him all nite

At time Aguero came on I was coasting to victory in my final game of my Fantasy Premier League Draft league which meant I would win the league and 400 quid...my opponent had Aguero...his goals meant he ended up getting a draw against me and thus losing the league and prize.

But honestly I think I would have paid 400 to make what happened happen, absolutely delighted for him and was fearing a damp squib for him but that was just so enjoyable to see. Be even better if it somehow transpires that he clinches the game next week but can't believe it is over for him and City, going to be plenty of drunken nights searching YouTube for compilations in the future to get the fix!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Hopefully Kun goes to the continent to finish his playing career, I'd hate to see him play for any other Premiership club.

Hitchens wrote: »
    Hopefully Kun goes to the continent to finish his playing career, I'd hate to see him play for any other Premiership club.

Most likely Barcelona bound.

Pep has history with the referee lahoz. Sound like the ref will be anti city which is a worry.

Pep has history with the referee lahoz. Sound like the ref will be anti city which is a worry.

That's correct. He's Spanish and takes offence at Pep's Catalan views.

He's the guy who f*cked us sideways in the Liverpool match 3 years ago and in the Monaco tie the year before that.

They could not possibly have gotten us a worse ref.

Only 2 more sleeps.

Havent been this excited about a game in a while. Hopefully Pep doesn't tinker too much with the team that beat PSG, as that is probably our strongest team and bring on Aguero with 15 mins to go.

And mother of gods, please no penalties of any type!!!

• Advertisement

Here we are..... 12 hours from our biggest game ever. Really nervous, all the pressure on us, the media will label the team failures if they don't win according to Dé Bruyne. Will Pep pull any line up surprises? Can Kun score the winning goal? Will have to keep myself busy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I'd say I got about 4 hours sleep if even that. If only fast forwarding life to 8pm were an option. What a chance though, for the club, the fans, the players (particularly for Kun) and for Guardiola to take the club from what the club was to European Champions. I think there'll be tears either way tonight.

7hrs and 10mins to go. Time feels like it is dragging.

Nervous and hoping Pep stop overthinking it and just play the best team.

Oh, and no penalties please!

Going thru my shirts.... what to wear!!!

Tempted to squeeze in my Kappa Brother one of the pre- Thai / Sheik era. Then to decide on the Beer!!!

Am watching on my own..... the way I like it!!! Family told to keep out of way from 7-10pm. Just order me a take-away as well cos I NOT cooking tonight!!!

COYBIB

Masala wrote: »
    Going thru my shirts.... what to wear!!!

Tempted to squeeze in my Kappa Brother one of the pre- Thai / Sheik era. Then to decide on the Beer!!!

Am watching on my own..... the way I like it!!! Family told to keep out of way from 7-10pm. Just order me a take-away as well cos I NOT cooking tonight!!!

COYBIB

Likewise, watching on my own with the volume cranked high.

Pizza and beer all the way.

My idea of heaven.

Ps... No penalties please!

I am confident but that will prob change closer to the time. Bring all the penaties I say, we missed enough during the season we are due do knock a few in !

Sterling to start or social media rumour... hmmm

Yikes.. Sterling starting. Not happy with that.

loobylou wrote: »
    Yikes.. Sterling starting. Not happy with that.

Has he turned into a bad player over night?

No DM, Jesus that is brave.

• Advertisement

Doubt it's that. But that is a very attacking lineup. Which is very scary given their counterattack.

No, but his form has been poor for quite a while. Think we need Fern or Rodri to strengthen midfield.

Somebody please reassure me that Pep isn't overthinking things again!

loobylou wrote: »
    No, but his form has been poor for quite a while. Think we need Fern or Rodri to strengthen midfield.

Well I agree with Fern tho , I do think Sterling will do his job well tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Love it, go get 'em Pep!

Hope this team selection works, need to blitz them in the first 20 minutes

Would have liked to see Fernandinho in from the start.... and then sub out when he picks up his usual yellow.card. Think he could do s job in breaking down any Chelsea attack

C'mon City

Sterling better find his feet tonight

• Advertisement

Come on city!!!!

Advertisement