Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

1727374757678»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Here we go again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Thoughts of a drop off lasted for two minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Team played well , Rodri looked really good .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

THe transfer window has been a bit quite, a good few senior players out and few in. I think we will be in a rebuilding year this season, New signings will take a long time to bed in and De Bryune is out till Jan.

That being said the rest of the teams dont look great so far so maybe we can still win it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Been an odd one for us. Some real top quality senior pros have left and replaced with young potential and as we know it takes a year usually to bed them in. I suspect we will slip compared to normal its just a matter of whether someone can take advantage.

The prem is always my first choice, if we can retain that I will be happy.

I am really unconvinced by Nunes, I think we need a more creative player than him and I dont that think hes that great even if we needed a number 8. One half decent game against united and not alot last season shouldnt qualify you for a move(and likely a pay rise) to the current best team in the world(or thereabouts).

Not happy if Palmer goes to Chelsea, we are light in the midfield and i really think has has what it takes to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluebb993

I do think 45million is a great piece of business for us.

I know what you mean, but do we need money or do we need players ? at this point in the window its players for me.

Say for example B Silva gets an injury we are suddenly really light on players that know the system. I think Palmer would get good minutes this year for us

Totally agree. I wouldn’t even be contemplating it. Id take Palmer over either doku or Nunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Franny Lee RIP, a City great!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Hero from the good old days.

Had posters of him on my bedroom wall from old Shoot! magazines

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

RIP Franny.

He was a great player. I associate him with the ‘real’ Man City, not the soulless sports washing vanity project of nowadays

Nice one, even in death people still try get a dig in about city, class!

On franny he was before my time, have watched videos of him and read about him but I really associate him more with his takeover and being chairman during our most miserablest time. RIP

It's not a dig at city, lighten up.

I'm old enough to remember him playing and he was a quality player and brilliant to watch. Like I said, thats the city I think of when I hear his name, not the current incarnation. That's the era of football I enjoyed most. Lee, Summerbee, Bell, Doyle, etc. Great times.

You go on and associate him with a miserable time. Is that a dig at the man himself? Don't worry if it is, I'm not as sensitive as you

So disapointed to hear there were chants about Bobby Charltons death at the city Game, i suppose there are scumbags supporting every club. hopefully City can identify the culprits and ban them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Agree - by many accounts he was though, a terrible prick :-) But it is utterly classless to gloat on anyone's death. Unless it was say, Donald Trump.

Heard it was only a handful of idiots. Embarrassing though all the same.

Interesting to see that Omar Berrada will move to Utd as the new CEO in the summer (on gardening leave now). Have to think Utd wouldnt employ him if they feared he will have any adverse findings from the PL charges.

As far as i know he would have been involved in any Sponserships as when he join he was Head of International Business Development from

Sep 2011 - Sep 2013

Anyway good move by UTD he is highly rated apparently

• Advertisement

Anyone gone over recently ? I havent been over in a good few years but i was thinking that i might before the end of the season.

Any one used the ticket exchange previously ?

Prob lucky enough to get a point there, was a bad error by Ake.

Ya we were rattled there in the second half, was suprised it took so lonk to get Kovacic on as he was the obvious substitution. When he came on we kept the ball much better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭christy c

Hi. Thinking of heading over with the family, so looking for 4 tickets. The opposition isn't important.

Do people buy membership for everyone or are they put on general sale closer to the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

What did Grealish do to make Pep so angry at the end there?

Hard to belive both Liverpool and Arsenal dropped points, both teams at home. Talk about a gift.

Plently of games left for drama yet but we have the experience to get it done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

Congrats on first comment in this forum in 2 weeks. Says it all haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Most of us are reluctant to comment because of constant jibes re 115 / cheats etc.

I would consider the lack of activity is mostly that there is very little to complain about. Unlike other supporters, we will take the rough with the smooth. No entitlement here. Slither along now.

We had a few active posters but at times it's not worth the hassle

I think even the city fans see it for what it is…..

• Advertisement

Shame about last night but we were not effective in the last third

And i hate shoot outs !!!!

I don't understand, what can we see?

Big Game tonight, I always nervous going away to spurs. they have been poor lately though

it's the game I have feared from weeks ago - but way less so since Spurs completely went to sh1t! Still, the Son may rise….

Champions again !!! what a great time to be a city fan

Hopefully wek can do the business in the FA cup to do the double

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Whatever happened with this?
    https://news.sky.com/story/manchester-city-sue-premier-league-over-financial-rules-13148139

Hearing was over a month ago and not a peep about it.

i only seen this now but if u want to go this season you can have my season ticket for any game I am not going to. It’s front row of block 123 right beside away dugout. I only have the one ticket though but can get a second nearby in block 122 if needs be.

Really important point for us yesterday, kinda poor performance though wasnt impressed by how we attempted to break down the block. Would rather have lost the Game than if Rori is injured long term though. Hopefully its not too serious

Advertisement