Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken pox vaccine South Dublin

Options
  • 31-12-2017 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I really need to get my older son vaccinated in January. We have been very lucky so far and dodged chicken pox twice! If anyone knows a gp who orders in vaccine and administers it in South Dublin could you let me know please. My son’s two gps both want me to be in charge of ordering it and transporting it. I would prefer surgery to take responsibility of all that.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Millem wrote:
    Hi, I really need to get my older son vaccinated in January. We have been very lucky so far and dodged chicken pox twice! If anyone knows a gp who orders in vaccine and administers it in South Dublin could you let me know please. My son’s two gps both want me to be in charge of ordering it and transporting it. I would prefer surgery to take responsibility of all that. Thanks

Sending pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Millem, I did the chicken pox vaccine, via the chemist. Ordered it in the pharmacy like any other medicine, picked it up and brought it to the GP, where the nurse in the clinic administered it. 
    Is that what they are asking you to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

pwurple wrote: »
    Millem, I did the chicken pox vaccine, via the chemist. Ordered it in the pharmacy like any other medicine, picked it up and brought it to the GP, where the nurse in the clinic administered it. 
    Is that what they are asking you to do?
    Yes!!
    I don’t want to do it....they said I store in my fridge then bring it to gp.
    I found a gp in the village who will order in for me etc
    Hoping to get it done next tues or Thursday ;)
    It’s €75 per shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Millem wrote: »
    Yes!!
    It’s €75 per shot.

Oh right. I guess it was easy enough for me, the chemist is next door... so they stored it. I just picked it up on my way in.

Glad you got sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Millem wrote: »
    Yes!!
    It’s €75 per shot.

Is it just the one shot? We're thinking about getting it for our girl (13 months old). Is that the cost of the shot itself? GP visit free to administer it thanks to free GP care for children? A few people we know have gone through it recently with their toddlers and if it's easy and relatively inexpensive to get a shot that avoids it... we'd prefer not to go through it with our daughter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Bacchus wrote:
    Is it just the one shot? We're thinking about getting it for our girl (13 months old). Is that the cost of the shot itself? GP visit free to administer it thanks to free GP care for children? A few people we know have gone through it recently with their toddlers and if it's easy and relatively inexpensive to get a shot that avoids it... we'd prefer not to go through it with our daughter.

Two shots are required. It was 80 for the shot and Inc administration in my local GP. Administration was not covered on gp card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

€75 per shot inc admin. 2 shots needed :)
    If anyone is interested vhi have some plans whereby you get €50 back on it. One+ plan is one and it’s half price at the mo :)

Advertisement