Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP All-in-One PC needs internal cleaning

Options
  • 31-12-2017 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    After some advice please:

I've got a HP ENVY All-in-One touch-screen Desktop PC which is 3 years old, its an i5 processor with 16gb RAM, Win 10.

Over the last few months I've noticed the noise of the internal fans spinning up more & more, getting louder & now they're on almost all of the time when I'm doing anything intense like using LightRoom & Photoshop.

I did contact HP about 2 months ago, they ran some remote diagnostics which confirmed that the insides could probably do with a clean. The agent said the PC would be collected; sent to UK for repair & then returned to me - this would likely take 3 weeks.

As a photographer I'm not too happy about being without my pc for that length of time or about it going to the UK.

As the warranty is up in 22 days is there a HP repair centre in Dublin I could just take it into & get the job done? Obviously I know I'd be paying for it but I'd feel happier that it's not gone on it's travels....

Cheers,
    Jtk
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

They’re easy enough to take apart if you’re up for it ? Just a matter of cleaning the vents and fans once it’s open.

https://youtu.be/2RvggCtXzHc

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jtkpenguin

Hi Ken,
    Yes if it's as easy as that looks, I would be up for that, I'll search YouTube for an exact model match.
    Thanks very much
    jtk

Advertisement