Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM withdrawal Debited twice

• 31-12-2017 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭

Hi, I checked my Ebs Online account and I have noticed that my account has Debited twice by the same amount even though I made one withdrawal in this ATM. Has this happened to anyone else and what would the procedure be to get it rectified?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It can sometimes happen if there's a fault with the ATM. Sometimes it resolves itself and the second amount drops off the next working day. If that doesn't happen you'll need to contact your account holding branch and they'll raise a query on it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It can take a few days for an ATM transaction to appear in your online EBS account.

When you login to online banking on ebs.ie the first screen will show the balance prior to the ATM withdrawal but when you click on that account and press the 'view my transactions' button, the 'cleared balance' number will reflect the balance after the withdrawal. It can stay like that for a couple of days, especially over a weekend and it can be Tuesday before the transaction shows as a line item in your statement and the correct balance is shown on the first screen.

So as Monday Jan 1st is a bank holiday, I wouldn't panic if nothing has changed by Tuesday (Jan 2) morning but by all means phone them on their internet help line. Don't use the 1 850 xxxxx number if you have a call package on your mobile, use (01) 665 8000. But if it was me, I would do nothing until Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to B&I&P

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭billyhead

coylemj wrote: »
    It can take a few days for an ATM transaction to appear in your online EBS account.

When you login to online banking on ebs.ie the first screen will show the balance prior to the ATM withdrawal but when you click on that account and press the 'view my transactions' button, the 'cleared balance' number will reflect the balance after the withdrawal. It can stay like that for a couple of days, especially over a weekend and it can be Tuesday before the transaction shows as a line item in your statement and the correct balance is shown on the first screen.

So as Monday Jan 1st is a bank holiday, I wouldn't panic if nothing has changed by Tuesday (Jan 2) morning but by all means phone them on their internet help line. Don't use the 1 850 xxxxx number if you have a call package on your mobile, use (01) 665 8000. But if it was me, I would do nothing until Wednesday.
    Thanks. It's just aswell I checked because if the error wasn't resolved and I didn't check my online banking it could be overlooked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭billyhead

coylemj wrote: »

Thanks. It's just aswell I checked because if the error wasn't resolved and I didn't check my online banking it could be overlooked

• Advertisement
Advertisement