Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor trade insurance with zero years no claims

Options
  • 31-12-2017 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

As above! Was a bold boy and lost my licence for 5 years.
    I have a garage at home and work out of it in the evenings and weekends doing small jobs for people. Not a registered business. I am looking into goin for trade insurance in the next couple of months. Is there any insurance companies out there that will look at me?
    Or commercial insurance with 3rd party extension may suit me
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Motor trade road risk policies are in general difficult enough to get for people with a clean record and a full ncd.

If you were put off the road for 5 years then it was obviously a severe offence(s) so that, coupled with no ncd means you are going to have alot of difficulty getting anyone to quote. The fact that you aren't a registered business will only add to that.

Best bet is engage with a couple of brokers to see if they can source anything for you. If they can, I'd be surprised if they are able to get a price that isn't approaching a 5 figure sum.

Good luck to you, yer gonna need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,818 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Sorry what’s a motor trade road risk policy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Sorry what’s a motor trade road risk policy?

It covers mechanics / garages / motor traders to drive any customers vehicle and usually covers their own aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

It sounds like you are a part-time motor trader. Isn't it? Here is a comprehensive article ( https://www.fasttraderinsurance.co.uk/starting-a-motor-trade-business-when-youre-under-25/ ) that will tell you everything about motor trade insurance, especially if you are under 25 years old.
    Secondly, if you ask about road risk policy, then it is separated into many levels. See it here https://www.acorninsure.co.uk/motor-trade-insurance/motor-trade-road-risk-insurance/.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Secondly, if you ask about road risk policy, then it is separated into 3 levels:

Third Party Only - Restores, operate garages and repairs cars etc.
    Third Party Fire and Theft - Cover the damages caused by fire, accidents, or theft etc.
    Comprehensive - For accidental injuries etc.

Those definitions are all wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

Those definitions are all wrong

Okay, I know I missed many things. Better to see it from here https://www.acorninsure.co.uk/motor-trade-insurance/motor-trade-road-risk-insurance/ in detailed way.

Advertisement