Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to "Screen Mirror" from green app to smart TV

Options
  • 31-12-2017 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

I have eir bb & phone. I have eir sports green app up and running on my android phone.

How to "Screen Mirror" from green app to smart TV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I have eir bb & phone. I have eir sports green app up and running on my android phone.

How to "Screen Mirror" from green app to smart TV.
    Hi WestWicklow1, 

Thanks for getting in contact with us. 

Once you have the green app set up you should be able to cast onto your smart tv using the cast button. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Hi Tracey,

It doesn't work.  

The eir green app home screen is visible on the tv but as soon as you click into one of the sports channels it stops and you get the rotating circle on a black screen.

Youtube etc. all work but not the eir green app.

Hi Tracey,

It doesn't work.  

The eir green app home screen is visible on the tv but as soon as you click into one of the sports channels it stops and you get the rotating circle on a black screen.

Youtube etc. all work but not the eir green app.
    Maybe I should have added to my post above....

Your further assistance will be appreciated.

Bump.....

Bump #3

• Advertisement

Tracey, you have answered quite a few queries this morning.

Why not mine?

Tracey (or any other eir rep), queries have been answered this morning.

Why not mine?

Why not mine?
    Hi Westwicklow1,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your eir Sport app. If you give our technical support team a ring on 1890260260 or free phone 1901, they should be able to look into this for you.

Thanks

Tracey

Why not mine?
    Hi Westwicklow1,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your eir Sport app. If you give our technical support team a ring on 1890260260 or free phone 1901, they should be able to look into this for you.

Thanks

Tracey
    At last but you didn't answer why it took so long to get a reply from you.

Why not mine?
    Hi Westwicklow1,

Thanks

Tracey
    At last but you didn't answer why it took so long to get a reply from you.
    I'm very sorry for the delay in responding to you. That was an error on my own behalf, apologies again.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement

Thanks

Tracey
    At 34c per minute?  No thank you.

I've had to help myself and have come to the conclusion that I need something called a chromecast.

Is that so?  If so, where do I get one?  All I got from eir was the modem.

Thanks

Tracey

I've had to help myself and have come to the conclusion that I need something called a chromecast.

You can see all details in regards to purchasing a Chromcast device in the link below.

https://connectedliving.eir.ie/6-smart-home

Thanks

Tracey

Thanks

Tracey

You can see all details in regards to purchasing a Chromcast device in the link below.

https://connectedliving.eir.ie/6-smart-home

Thanks

Tracey
    I have to spend €39.00 to look at the free sport on my tv!!!!!

Why in the name of god did ye spend so much  to change your name to eir?

Ye really should have left it at eircon because that is the name you are continuing to live up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

A chromecast is designed to make a normal HD TV into a somewhat smart TV, if your TV is a smart one and you have a smart phone and the app is compatible with your TV you really should not need a chromecast

@Skyrimaddict, thenk you for your post.  My Samsung phone and Samsung tvs are all talking to each other and I can cast from my phone to my tvs, except as below...

The eir green app home screen will cast to either of the tvs but as soon as you choose to watch content from any of the channels it sits forever with the rotating (loading/buffering) circle on a black screen.

@eir: Tracey, can you confirm that a chromecast is not necessary for casting the eir green app content to a smart tv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

@Skyrimaddict, thenk you for your post.  My Samsung phone and Samsung tvs are all talking to each other and I can cast from my phone to my tvs, except as below...

The eir green app home screen will cast to either of the tvs but as soon as you choose to watch content from any of the channels it sits forever with the rotating (loading/buffering) circle on a black screen.

@eir: Tracey, can you confirm that a chromecast is not necessary for casting the eir green app content to a smart tv?
    Hi WestWicklow1,

I can help you with that one.

Chromecast is not necessary depending on whether or not you can cast without it.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi WestWicklow1,

Chromecast is not necessary depending on whether or not you can cast without it.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Thomas
    @Thomas, thank you for your help.  

Unfortunately, I don't understand your answer.

Hi WestWicklow1,

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Thomas
    @Thomas, thank you for your help.  

Unfortunately, I don't understand your answer.
    If it's a case that you do not understand, I would recommend contacting our support team on 1901 and they can relay the information regarding your query back to you.

Thanks

Thomas

If it's a case that you do not understand, I would recommend contacting our support team on 1901 and they can relay the information regarding your query back to you.

Thanks

Thomas
    The case seems to be that you didn't read this thread in its entirety.

I will get help elsewhere because all you guys can ever suggest is to spend money.

Buy a chromecast....
    Call support at 34c per minute...

Thanks

Thomas
    The case seems to be that you didn't read this thread in its entirety.
    Please see attached a link with all information regarding your query - 

https://www.eir.ie/sport/chromecast/

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement

Thanks

Thomas
    You are simply repeating what Tracey has already told me.  Read the damned thread and stop wasting time.
    • I have a samsung smartphone
    • I have a samsung smart tv
    • I CAN cast to the tv
    • Youtube and everything else except content from the eir green app plays no problem while casting
    • I can even cast the eir green app home page to the tv
    • When I press any of the eir sport chanells it will NOT load. I am left looking at the rotating (loading/buffering) circle on a black screen.
    [*]

I'll put my question again as you don't seem to have the time to read everything above......

Do I need a chromecase to play eir green app content whether I have a smart tv or not?

Thanks

Thomas
    You are simply repeating what Tracey has already told me.  Read the damned thread and stop wasting time.
    • I have a samsung smartphone
    • I have a samsung smart tv

• I CAN cast to the tv
    • Youtube and everything else except content from the eir green app plays no problem while casting
    • I can even cast the eir green app home page to the tv
    • When I press any of the eir sport chanells it will NOT load. I am left looking at the rotating (loading/buffering) circle on a black screen.

[*]

I'll put my question again as you don't seem to have the time to read everything above......

Do I need a chromecase to play eir green app content whether I have a smart tv or not?
    [*]
    I can confirm that yes, you do need to use the chomrecast dongle.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Thanks

Thomas

[*]I can confirm that yes, you do need to use the chomrecast dongle.

Thanks

Thomas
    [*]
    Why is your app set up like this?

Thanks

Thomas

[*]
    [*]
    I cannot make a comment on this as we do not have this information.

I can certainly pass on the feedback that you are not happy with this.

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas

[*]

[*]

Thanks

Thomas

Ok, can you get this information for me please?

Thanks

Thomas

[*]

[*]

Thanks

Thomas

[*]

Ok, can you get this information for me please?
    [*]
    No, Unfortunately not. 

This information is not available.

Thanks

Thomas

Eir has an app.

Into this app is built the requirement for a piece of hardware to be present and attached to a tv before you can cast to it and the reason for this is not available!!!

There is a reason for it, you know it and I know it, but for some reason you are instructed to play dumb when you are quizzed on it.

@Thomas, I don't believe you.

Eir has an app.

Into this app is built the requirement for a piece of hardware to be present and attached to a tv before you can cast to it and the reason for this is not available!!!

There is a reason for it, you know it and I know it, but for some reason you are instructed to play dumb when you are quizzed on it.

I have provided all information that is available to me in relation to this.

Unfortunately, I can make no further comment on this.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks 

Thomas

Eir has an app.

Thanks 

Thomas
    @Thomas, when I say that I don't believe "you", I am addressing eircon. You just happen to be their agent dealing with this query.

I accept that you have a job to do.

• Advertisement

Eir has an app.

Thanks 

Thomas
    @Thomas, when I say that I don't believe "you", I am addressing eircon. You just happen to be their agent dealing with this query.

I accept that you have a job to do.
    I understand, apologies once again for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement