Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch - change code

Options
  • 31-12-2017 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, hoping for some help here! I know there are quite a few threads on this already but I’m still a bit confused.

We had Eircom Phonewatch installed 10 years ago - the panel says SecureWatch HKC complies with EN 50131 Grade 2 Class II CIE.

The original engineer gave me the engineer code so I have that. My question is how to actually change our user code now. If I put in the engineer code, I get another menu but where do I go from there to get to the place where I can change our user code to arm / disarm the system? Is there an engineering manual? I have the user manual but it only covers the basics.

We pay for monitoring with PhoneWatch and pay a bit extra for their service plan so I could just get them to call out and change it for free but if I can avoid having to arrange a call out, that’d be preferable!

PS
    Hope this is allowed - I’ve read the charter and it says not to ask for the engineering code. Not asking for that as I already have it so hopefully this request is ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Hi OP, when you enter th engineer code, Service Menu should appear.
    Then press the # until you see User Menu.
    Then press Yes.
    You are looking for User Codes.
    Then press Yes.
    When you get to User 1.
    Press Yes.
    It says New Code.
    Enter a new numeric code here, do not have a 0 in the code and do not have a 9 as the last digit.
    Press Yes.
    Enter your New Code again.
    Press Yes.
    Then press Quit until you see Exit Engineer ?
    Press Yes.
    When the Time & Date appears back, try your old code, it should not react to that and just show stars.
    This confirms that the old code is gone, now try the new one and the keypad should react someway.

That should sort you, if you have any problems, come back to us please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

This worked, kub! Thank you so much for the detailed instructions - much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

tinkerbell wrote: »
    This worked, kub! Thank you so much for the detailed instructions - much appreciated!

You are most welcome, just to throw this one at you, you could probably save yourself a lot of money if you got your system monitored and maintained elsewhere.
    You are one of the lucky PW customers that is not over a barrell from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

kub wrote: »
    You are most welcome, just to throw this one at you, you could probably save yourself a lot of money if you got your system monitored and maintained elsewhere.
    You are one of the lucky PW customers that is not over a barrell from them.

Thanks for the tip - I’ll check it out!

Advertisement