Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi-fi Problems

Options
  • 31-12-2017 7:27pm

I have got Vodaphone broadband.

The router is on, and I can get access to internet via computer via the ethernet cable, but we cant get any wi-fi connections on any other remote devices in the house, ie Smart Phones, Tablets. (My home phone landline is also part of this account and is working OK).

I have done all the checks on cables, turned on and off etc. But still no access to wi-fi.

When I tried to re-connect to wi-fi on a tablet, 3 new Eir wi-fi connections are now "available", (obviously not to me). This only seems to have appeared today, and I'm wondering is there a connection with me losing wi-fi access and this new (neighbours?) account?

I have read that other neighbouring wi-fi accounts can cause interference to your home internet wi-fi access.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lardarse

First off is the wifi light on, on the router?
    If not try pressing the wifi button on the side of the router. (if you have a vodafone HG658c model).
    Can you see your router name when you scan for wifi devices.

You can also logon to the wifi by connecting up the ethernet cable as you did before then typing 192.168.1.1 in a browser (this should be written on the back of your wifi) then if you haven`t changed the user password it should be vodafone/vodafone (well thats whats written on the back of mine). You can go and check there if there is a problem with your wifi.

Hope that little bit helps

• Thanks.

Wi-fi light is on and no, I cant see my router name in wi-fi options for available connections.

I'll give the second part of your reply a go. I have been on Vodaphone trouble shooting page but nothing showing as faulty/wi-fi problems.

I got a feeling its got something to do with interference from those 3 new Eir availble connections which we have'nt noticed until today, but maybe thats a coincidence.

Thanks for your assistance and suggestions.

Advertisement