Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

September 2018 Babies Club

• 31-12-2017 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

Don’t see a thread so said I’d start!

Due early Sept all going well, currently 4w2d :)

This is number 2 for me, DD1 turns two the week baby number 2 is due.

Anyone else out there due in Sept?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Hey Wexy was hoping some one else would post. Found out a few days before Christmas we are due number 2. Due the 1st September. I've a little boy who is 19 months old. Only 5 weeks 2 days so early days, had symptoms much earlier this time around. Tiredness is a killer especially with a small child!! Any symptoms your end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Wexy86 wrote: »

Congratulations! I'm due in March but me and my sister were born in September a week (and 2 years)apart :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭Manitoban

Congratulations Wexy86, was due with you in sept ‘16, hope all is well with your dd1.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

Kathy22 wrote: »
    Hey Wexy was hoping some one else would post. Found out a few days before Christmas we are due number 2. Due the 1st September. I've a little boy who is 19 months old. Only 5 weeks 2 days so early days, had symptoms much earlier this time around. Tiredness is a killer especially with a small child!! Any symptoms your end?

Congrats Kathy, great Christmas present :D No symptoms - yet! Had nausea for a few months last time but other than that it was a great pregnancy I have to say. Plenty of energy and all went well throughout. Fingers crossed it goes so well this time again. Imagine having toddler in the mix this time will slow us down :)

Will head doctors during the week to get confirmed and the likes and a referral to hospital. Went dominos last night and big demand for it here in Wexford so want to get a referral as quick as possble.

DH is eager to tell the parents again but I’m more hesitant this time round to tell people early. Think you hear more stories of it not working out after you have you first so I’ve more than the normal worry!

Manitoban wrote: »
    Congratulations Wexy86, was due with you in sept ‘16, hope all is well with your dd1.

Aw, I seen you as last poster and hoped there was someone from the last group expecting again, still early days so you never know ;)

she’s doing great, so happy and pleasant. If only I could get her to sleep through the night, can’t have it all I suppose!

I hope you little girl and 2 older kids are all good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭Manitoban

Aw, I seen you as last poster and hoped there was someone from the last group expecting again, still early days so you never know ;)

she’s doing great, so happy and pleasant. If only I could get her to sleep through the night, can’t have it all I suppose!

I hope you little girl and 2 older kids are all good :)
    All doing great, Dd2 is running rings around us all, she is such a little character (a.k.a Rascal!!) I have hung up my baby making boots after that last pregnancy, it was awful!! Lovely age gap for you to have though!

Congrats to you too Wexy. I am going to go back to the Rotunda private so booked in with my consultant from last time. I phoned them today and for some reason felt nervous making the call, makes it all a bit more real. I have an early scan booked for a few weeks when I will be 8 weeks. I am so nervous, even more so than last time. I find myself speaking very cautiously about it with my other half.

I didn't get morning sickness last time around, just a general nausea feeling which I have again. Seems to crop up in the evening and just don't have a great appetite for food except plain food like cereal and bread which is not like me. Boobs arent sore yet but didn't get that till week 6 last time so maybe it will be the same.

Fingers crossed for us both :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭firebird84

Another one here! Found out at the weekend, this is number 2 for me. Due around Mid September ish, visiting my GP on Friday to get the ball rolling.

@Kathy22, I'm also looking into Rotunda Private, went public in Holles street last time round and while the staff are amazing, the birth wasn't the happiest experience for me so trying something different this time. I've narrowed it down to 3 different consultants at the moment. Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BB2011

Nervously joining. I'm 5 weeks today going by my dates. This is baby number 2 my 1st is 22 months. I'm much more nervous this time for some reason. Hopefully all goes well!

Massive congrats BB2011 and Firebird. Looks like it is number 2 for a lot of us.

Firebird, I am going with Sam Coulter Smith, went with him the last time. He is very relaxed which sometimes drove me a bit mad as I wanted more information from him but he was very thorough and I was glad I had him at the delivery in the end as I ended up going to theater for surgery post delivery due to a placenta issue and was brought there immediately. Appointments are always very quick. I went through the public part once for a trace and scan after an A&E visit and it was crazy busy and took half a day. I was lucky and got a private room for 2 nights i was there which i loved as i had my own space.

How is everyone feeling, I have nausea all the time especially if hungry. Didn't have it as prominent last time around. My boobs are also not half as sore as the first time which worried me but maybe they were going through so many changes the last time it hurt more, who knows. Tiredness is a killer, struggling with focus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

BB2011 wrote: »
    Nervously joining. I'm 5 weeks today going by my dates. This is baby number 2 my 1st is 22 months. I'm much more nervous this time for some reason. Hopefully all goes well!

Hello,
    Just wanted to say hi as it's quite remarkable! I'm 5weeks also to the day if I'm counting correctly. I have a happy & charismatic 21-month-old son. I'm very excited for my family to extend but also very anxious. I understand how you all must be feeling. I'm going to surprise my fiance on our anniversary in Feb. So my first scan could be alone. It's very hard to keep this a secret. Let's see.
    So happy I found this thread :)
    Is anyone else as thirsty as me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JuAu84

Hello BB2011,
    Just wanted to say hi as it's quite remarkable! I'm 5weeks also to the day if I'm counting correctly. I have a happy & charismatic 21-month-old son. He was born in the public sector at Holles St. Excellent midwife terrible staff in my experience. We are with Irish life now so might go semi-private. Is there much difference / less waiting around?
    I'm very excited for my family to extend but also very anxious. So I understand how you all must be feeling.
    I'm going to surprise my fiance on our anniversary in Feb. So my first scan could be alone. It's very hard to keep this a secret. Let's see.
    So happy I found this thread as I just found out today and it’s so good to share :)
    Is anyone else as thirsty as me?
    Headaches?

J, X

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Hi all, im 6 weeks along, 1st baby, very excited!

JuAu84 that would be some surprise! Don't know how you could keep it a secret but would be well worth it in the end!

I also have some questions about semi private or public. Firstly, when do you decide all this? and secondly what costs would be involved in semi private? Would you have to pay for all your scans and consultant visits yourself? My health insurance policy covers the delivery only basically from what I can see. Is it worth it does anyone think? Im not sure what advantages it would have other than a private room after you've had the baby? Its all very confusing!

I was lucky and got a private room for 2 nights i was there which i loved as i had my own space.

How is everyone feeling, I have nausea all the time especially if hungry. Didn't have it as prominent last time around. My boobs are also not half as sore as the first time which worried me but maybe they were going through so many changes the last time it hurt more, who knows. Tiredness is a killer, struggling with focus!

What kind of accommodation did you have the rest of the time you were there or was it only 2 nights? I'm between

I go from having mild nausea to no symptoms at all, sometimes I actually forget for a couple of hours when the first time round I constantly "felt" pregnant, or does that sound mad?

Just booked in for a Nuchal Translucency scan for when I'm 12 weeks, feels like an age away!

wow JuAu84 that's some surprise!

On the semi private vs public, I've only done public so I can't say for sure what the differences are (better semi private room on delivery but that depends on availability, we had a lot of private/semi private patients who spent a night on the public ward with us freeloaders due to overcrowding at holles street last time) but if you ring the hospital they should give you a breakdown of what you pay for. I would also call your health insurance provider, I couldn't make head nor tail of my VHI policy for private but the lady on the phone was great for explaining it.

Also yes I'm soooo thirsty! lol

Very thirsty here too, desperately trying to drink enough water but peeing all the bloody time. 
    Meee79 you should probably decide what you want to do before you go to the doctor so they can refer you somewhere. I havent been to the doc yet, going on Monday but have already booked into the private clinic and have my first scan end of next week.  I know you can self refer for some hospitals and for private. Anyway I have heard some people say go either private or public as semi private doesn't guarantee you a consultant. You pay the semi-private fee which i think is in and around 2k and you attend the semi private clinic which generally is quicker, you see one of a selection of consultants and all your scans and everything including delivery is covered. Your health insurance will cover the cost of a semi private room.  For private you pick a consultant and pay their fee, they range from 2.5k-6k depending what the consultant charges. You see the one person all the time in their room and they are at the birth, usually only the last hour or so of the birth. They also do your follow up app etc. You can get a scan at each appointment.

JuAu84, congratulations! Such a big secret to keep! You must be very excited to tell him!

I'm in Kilkenny so will be going to the hospital here. I got on great last time. I'll be going public again. The waiting times at appointments can be a bit long but nothing too crazy.
    I have very little symptoms which is what's making me slightly anxious but I had none until about 9 weeks on my last pregnancy so there's still time yet. I've had a couple of headaches but that's it so far really!

Me too BB2011, very little symptoms! Delighted to not be feeling sick but at the same time like you would make me a little worried! There seems to be so much to worry about! Hopefully after the 12 week scan the worries decrease slightly!

Went to the doctor today to pee on a stick again and get my referral. She recommended Sharon Cooley at the Rotunda Private but when I phoned earlier they said she is super busy so going to think about it over the weekend.

Best of luck with your pregnancies ladies, wasn’t meant for me this time round :( I’ll be keeping keeping an eye on the thread and hope all goes well quick for all of you and any new mammies to be who join the thread x

• Advertisement

Oh Wexy86, I'm so sorry to hear this. Mind yourself and it will happen for you soon xx

So sorry to hear Wexy. Take care xx

Sorry to hear that Wexy, hope you're being looked after x

Wexy I am so sorry to hear this. Look after yourself and I have my fingers crossed your time will happen again soon x

firebird84 wrote: »
    What kind of accommodation did you have the rest of the time you were there or was it only 2 nights? I'm between

I go from having mild nausea to no symptoms at all, sometimes I actually forget for a couple of hours when the first time round I constantly "felt" pregnant, or does that sound mad?

Just booked in for a Nuchal Translucency scan for when I'm 12 weeks, feels like an age away!

Firebird I gave birth early in the morning so there was no private room ready for me so I went to the semi private wars which has 4 beds. The next morning I was moved to a private room for the following 2 nights. I was readmitted with bad mastitis a week later and got a private room for that too. Some people like companyon the ward I can see the merit in that although I love my own space and the private bathroom when your in pain etc. with your own shower was great.

Firebird I gave birth early in the morning so there was no private room ready for me so I went to the semi private wars which has 4 beds. The next morning I was moved to a private room for the following 2 nights. I was readmitted with bad mastitis a week later and got a private room for that too. Some people like companyon the ward I can see the merit in that although I love my own space and the private bathroom when your in pain etc. with your own shower was great.

Thanks for the info! I would definitely prefer some privacy this time, last time in Holles street I was there 5 nights and we went from a 6 bed ward to an 8 bed because of overcrowding, they had to push back the curtains to fit the extra beds. At that stage there wasn't much room for embarrassment since so many medical professionals had poked and prodded me for days but would have been to nice to try learn how to breastfeed without 20 strangers in the room during visiting hours..

That's crazy that there was 8 beds in the ward. There's only 4 beds in a ward in Kilkenny as far as I know anyway.
    Feeling a bit quesy since yesterday. Trying my best to eat little and often but the thought of eating turns my stomach. I have to hold my breath opening the fridge in case I get a whiff of anything. It doesn't help that my toddler is like a little hoover and needs to be fed constantly!

That's crazy that there was 8 beds in the ward. There's only 4 beds in a ward in Kilkenny as far as I know anyway.
    Feeling a bit quesy since yesterday. Trying my best to eat little and often but the thought of eating turns my stomach. I have to hold my breath opening the fridge in case I get a whiff of anything. It doesn't help that my toddler is like a little hoover and needs to be fed constantly!

I'm dreading this, last time I was grand until 6 weeks and it hit me like a train. I never actually got sick but once had to get off the train a stop earlier and just stand there for 10 mins beside a bin just in case :pac: So far I'm just wrecked all the time. I emptied the dishwasher earlier and had to sit down for 10 mins after.

How are you guys doing? Had my doctor appointment yesterday and got the flu jab. The amount of sick people around the place was starting to freak me out. I am massively nauseous today, my little guy slept terrible last night so not sure if tiredness is aggravating it but i have even vomited this morning. I am 10 times more nauseous on this pregnancy than my last, wasn't expecting this at all. Lots of food aversions as well which is just making me have no interest in cooking so we have had very simple dinners the last few nights. :(

• Advertisement

How are you guys doing? Had my doctor appointment yesterday and got the flu jab. The amount of sick people around the place was starting to freak me out. I am massively nauseous today, my little guy slept terrible last night so not sure if tiredness is aggravating it but i have even vomited this morning. I am 10 times more nauseous on this pregnancy than my last, wasn't expecting this at all. Lots of food aversions as well which is just making me have no interest in cooking so we have had very simple dinners the last few nights. :(

Sorry to hear you're feeling crap Kathy22 :(

I'm at the other end of the spectrum with zero symptoms, other than being tired which I generally am anyway, and I'm a bit freaked out by it. Last time I always "felt pregnant" and now I just feel normal.. :confused:

Oh I felt like that the other day as well, woke up feeling fine and took another test convincing myself the worst. I hate the first trimester, filled with nervousness and feeling crap.

Oh I felt like that the other day as well, woke up feeling fine and took another test convincing myself the worst. I hate the first trimester, filled with nervousness and feeling crap.

Good to know it's not just me, I'll be kicking myself wishing for symptoms if I spend the next 6 weeks with my head in the toilet!

I booked in with the rotunda private yesterday, have my early scan in 2 weeks and then first appt in early march. I think we might tell our families after the early scan, I'll be around 8 weeks then. Although one of my in laws was giving out about how hard it was to keep it a secret last time so I might wait til 12 weeks for them since it's soooooo difficult, the poor dear, lol

Ah great to hear. I have my early scan on Friday will be 1 day shy of 8 weeks. Excited to officially have it recognised and confirm all is ok but very nervous as well. Im in the Rotunda private as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fintan85

Hi All
    Found out a week ago I am due in mid September (going by my own calculations), I think I am 6 weeks?

First pregnant after trying for 2yrs.. extremely nervous and have milllons of questions

Been to my doctor last week, how long before I get called to the hospital..both of us are a bag a nerves and still can't believe I'm actually pregnant

I had an appointment booked for a fertility clinic An two days before the appointment I found out I was pregnant, so this is where the disbelief stems from

Massive congrats Fintan85, you have had a long journey you must be delighted. Did your doctor refer you to the hospital? You will likely get an appointment for the 12-13 week . Not sure if your going Public/Private or down the country but you should hear from them within a 2 weeks. I would give it another week max and if you don't hear ring them.

If you are nervous you could get a private scan done in and around 8 weeks. I had one done today and got to see the heartbeat. Puts your mind at ease for a few weeks anyway. Congrats again. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭loalae

Hi, I just realised yesterday that i'm 5 weeks pregnant - due on the 22nd September. First pregnancy, completely unplanned as we're supposed to be getting married in late October. Not sure I'll up to that a month after giving birth!

Still in shock about it! I've been having the odd glass of wine, way too much coffee and no folic acid until yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭babymakesthree

Hi everyone, can I join in?
    Sorry to see your news Wexy, hope you're doing okay.

Like you Loalae I'm 5 weeks today and due 22/09. This will hopefully be my second, long awaited (over a year) baby. Loalae I wouldn't worry too much about coffee and the odd wine up to now, the baby is only settling in so once you're minding yourself now you'll be fine. Also, if you eat leafy greens, eggs, red meat at all you've probably got a good amount of folic acid anyway so it's a top up to supplement in most.
    Not being able to tell anyone is killing me! I have a second check up with gp around 8 weeks in Feb and hope it won't take long for a scan of some sort. Thought about getting one privately but hubby is against an early one so we have loads to see at the first proper one.

I had a bleed yesterday morning and spent the day in hospital, gynaecologist reassured me everything is ok! Is this common

Head is fried!! Have a million fears and thoughts

So scary!
    If they've reassured you everything is okay then trust it. I've heard of lots of people who bled in the early days and everything turned out fine. Mind yourself, easier said than done but try to keep distracted and not to stress. Fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fuisce2

Hey everyone! Just had our pregnancy confirmed with Dr yesterday morning. The first test he did was negative so spent a nervous 5 minutes in the waiting room waiting to see if there was just a delay on the test or something. Longest 5 minutes of my life haha!

Uncannily similar situation to yourself fintan85 - trying for two years and so now that it's here feeling a bit overwhelmed, especially since we can't tell anyone just yet. When the Dr asked 'which hospital' i was like, eh? I'd no idea I needed to choose so quickly. He said it was because we're already 6 weeks and that I'm over 35 (!). I'd loads of questions but as soon as I went to ask him he was like, ok bye bye. In terms of symptoms I've got the painful boobs, nausea (random times during the day), total exhaustion (never understood until now lol), my bladder has shrunk to the size of a pea and I'm waking up bright as a button at 5am somedays.... (that is not normal for me haha).

In terms of birth itself, it's our first so i'm fairly nervous about the actual labour. I'm really interested in water birth / homebirth options. Seems like the only way to do that is privately though - we're in North Kildare area (feel free to correct me lads, I'm learning on the ball here!)

Anyway, so glad to find you all and congratulations to everyone!

• Advertisement

Wexy86, sorry hon only saw your other posts now. sorry to hear that, take care of you in the meantime x

Congratulations fuisce, I had such a fear that would happen to me at docs (even though I had 4 positives at home including digital) so I brought fmu with me....it was fine!

Im always geared up to ask questions in appointments too! I'm writing them down for next time

Congratulations everyone!
    I am killed with nausea. I've dashed to the bathroom a couple of times but I haven't actually gotten sick. Really struggling with it and then entertaining my toddler I don't get a minutes peace. Hopefully it eases soon for me. I'm just coming up to 7 weeks now, I've been to the doctor so waiting for a letter from the hospital now.

Kathy22 glad your scan went ok! So exciting seeing the little heart beating away. I was in 2 minds about an early scan but I think i'll just wait for my 1st appointment with the hospital.

Fintan85 I had a very small bleed when I was about 5 weeks. Really got my nerves going but I knew in my head all was ok but still it's quite scary!

@BB2011 - try peppermint tea, really helping me at the minute!

@babymakesthree - thanks! I'm dying to talk to all my female friends about hospitals etc (they've recently all had babies) but can't yet, killer! Yeah I had them written down but somehow i was already out the door when i realised what had happened. it's ok though, he was just covering for my GP who was on hospital so I think i'll need to chat to my actual GP about options...that's another 60euro oh well!

@kathy22 - glad your scan went well, I'm on the fence about an early scan....think i'll wait for the 10/12 week one. No idea where I'm going though. Do you mind me asking if you've been with the Rotunda before?

Why are people so against early scans?

Thanks so much!! I spend all evening and half of today in bed!! I'm convincing myself to prepare for the worst... I keep thinking the pregnancy symptoms are subsiding!! I think the killer part is I haven't told any of my close friends so my head is going mental

How early can a private scan be booked, I think for peace of mind il book one! Gynaecologist said she would get me on quick to the hospital prior to 12wweeks but I think I'd be at ease if I went sooner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

fintan85 wrote: »
    Thanks so much!! I spend all evening and half of today in bed!! I'm convincing myself to prepare for the worst... I keep thinking the pregnancy symptoms are subsiding!! I think the killer part is I haven't told any of my close friends so my head is going mental

How early can a private scan be booked, I think for peace of mind il book one! Gynaecologist said she would get me on quick to the hospital prior to 12wweeks but I think I'd be at ease if I went sooner

I had a scan at 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks and 12 weeks. The earlier the scan the less you may see though. At our 6 week scan he was just a blob really and the heartbeat wasn’t visible yet. At 8 weeks he was more baby shaped and we could see the heart beating.

fintan85 wrote: »

Hi fintan85! as bee06 said you can go as early as 6 weeks with private but not much to see (so i've read), it will let you hear the heartbeat i think so that might help you a bit maybe? Not being able to chat to my mates is driving me nuts as well!!! I confess that I dont 'have' a gynaecologist....uh...should i have one? god i've no idea what im doing! :):eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

fuisce2 wrote: »
    Hi fintan85! as bee06 said you can go as early as 6 weeks with private but not much to see (so i've read), it will let you hear the heartbeat i think so that might help you a bit maybe? Not being able to chat to my mates is driving me nuts as well!!! I confess that I dont 'have' a gynaecologist....uh...should i have one? god i've no idea what im doing! :):eek:

You don’t need a gynaecologist. You’ll alternate seeing your GP and going to the maternity hospital for your appointments.

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    Why are people so against early scans?

I'm not against them at all. To be honest if I had the money to get one I would but it's just not a good time for me financially at the minute. It is only about 100 euro i think? But I don't really have that to spare right now. I never got one on my 1st either so I don't really feel like I'm missing out.

Also Kilkenny don't offer a 20 week scan which is scandalous!! So I will more than likely go for a private one which is around 200 euro I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement