Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

September 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭firebird84

I'm hoping I will get away without swelling but I'm prepared for it too! :p What did you find that helps with your swelling last time?

Giving birth was about the only thing that alleviated it! Sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Nessel

I'm over 30 and I haven't received a letter. I have an appointment tomorrow anyway so I will check with my consultant and see what he says.

I've been weighing myself throughout the whole pregnancy and so far only put 5kg on (am 25 weeks along).

I haven't got a letter yet and I'm in my 30s. They didn't test me for it on my first baby either when I was 30.

I'm at 8kg gained at 25 weeks but I lost it all the first time bar a single pound so I'm not too stressed, if I want the chocolate I'll eat the chocolate! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Every hospital is different with regards to the glucose test apparently. They have different criteria as to who they send for testing. Wish they would all just adopt the same policies!

My friend had both her babies in Holles Street and had it done both times, she said it seemed like a routine thing, but she was semi private. I was public on baby 1 in HS and they didn't even check my bloods again until a week before I went into labour which is a bit late to do anything about an iron deficiency (which I ended up having after fabulous iron at my booking in) so I reckon they don't bother unless they have to. I'm private in Rotunda this time and my next appt is at 27 weeks so I'll see what the consultant says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I had glucose testing of some sort with my second as fluid was measuring above normal. I think I was about 30 weeks or so.
    I thought my all day nausea was a thing of the past, but back with a vengeance this week. I have to eat all the time or I feel like I'm going to vomit.

Had my scan today and all is well. Our little girl is growing as she should and we got some lovely pictures! She only said that they'll test my iron levels at the next scan.

Just hope that nothing happens during our holidays in a few weeks (spotting wise).

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

I was feeling a bit off last week, dodgy tummy, insanely tired amongst other things and was worried about gestational diabetes (after consulting Dr Google). I rang my consultant and he said i didn't meet any of the criteria and didn't have it on my first so its highly unlikely I have it.  Looks like he wont be testing. It appears all hospitals are different as I am also in my 30's and was on my first and it was never mentioned to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭babymakesthree

Haven’t been on in a few weeks, loads to catch up on!
    The Glucose Tolerance Test is only done if there is a risk factor to warrant it. As far as I know age doesn’t come into it but a BMI over 30 that does qualify you for it so that might be where the 30 came into it.
    Mine is at the end of June, fingers crossed it’s clear. My bump always measured really big last time around (it seemed to be lots of fluid) and this time it’s really quite big already.
    Feels like the weeks are really speeding up now, won’t be long til I got 3rd trimester woohoo!
    Hope you’re all feeling well and enjoying the weather, once there’s a cool breeze and somewhere to swim I’m happy for not to continue all summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Getting some proper kicks the last week now espec if theres pepsi or tea involved. Can see my belly moving and all :-) My boyfriend was able to feel it aswel so he’s delighted.

Although i still think its kinda mad feeling them all.

• Advertisement

Naid23 wrote: »
    Getting some proper kicks the last week now espec if theres pepsi or tea involved. Can see my belly moving and all :-) My boyfriend was able to feel it aswel so he’s delighted.

Although i still think its kinda mad feeling them all.

It's amazing isn't it?
    They really have some strength already! So funny to see the belly moving!
    Sometimes I wonder what the heck it's doing in there to keep at it for the amount of time it's going on :D

Nessel wrote: »
    It's amazing isn't it?
    They really have some strength already! So funny to see the belly moving!
    Sometimes I wonder what the heck it's doing in there to keep at it for the amount of time it's going on :D

Yeah its mad the strength. Mine likes do start dancing every morning between 430-530 EVERY morning for the last 2 weeks. Then I'm awake. Suppose I'd better get used to be awake that early. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah its mad the strength. Mine likes do start dancing every morning between 430-530 EVERY morning for the last 2 weeks. Then I'm awake. Suppose I'd better get used to be awake that early. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Its training you in :D:D

Our little one was so busy and I think it moved now as the movements feel much lighter again. Loving the feeling though. And still enjoying watching the belly dancing.

Had to go to physiotherapy myself this morning as my back has been killing me quite a bit for a while. Especially while walking. Found out I have pregnancy related pelvic girdle pains.

Get to do all sorts of exercises now to strengthen those muscles. I should really take up swimming that seems to be good. And I got a support belt to wear for when I really need it. Does feel nice on the back though it is a bit odd on the belly as it tucks at the lower side of the belly so I felt it was smushing the baby or something lol.

It might also affect labour. Have to mention it when it starts, have to keep moving as much as possible which is what I want to try anyway. And use the fitness ball. And might need a different birth position than just on my back on the bed. Providing there's no epidural. And then back to physiotherapy soon after birth. Sigh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Time to whip out the big blue ball here again too, baby is very low and the pressure on the ole' fine 'china is fierce at times. Other than that this pregnancy seems to be flying again, 26w Friday and I finally bought some babygrows :pac:

Time to whip out the big blue ball here again too, baby is very low and the pressure on the ole' fine 'china is fierce at times. Other than that this pregnancy seems to be flying again, 26w Friday and I finally bought some babygrows :pac:

Love the way you've phrased this :D:D

Im having similar issues last few days, its very uncomfortable! What do you do on the ball to help?

On my first I lay on the floor put my legs on the ball and rolled side to side slowly and gravity normally took effect and she'd move to a more comfortable position. Even just sitting on it and rotating my hips gave me great relief, I was a big lover of the ball in my last 6 weeks.

Thanks a million, ill give it a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fintan85

Just in for round two of the diabetes test !! Started getting sick last week and my blood pressure dropped
    Fingers crossed today goes quick!! Dying to go look about the shops

26w tomorrow on my first, just wondering are ye feeling a lot of kicks?? I was told at 20w that I'd a low placenta, I was feeling a few pops last week but the last two days have been a lot quieter

Best of luck Fintan!

• Advertisement

I have to have a mini rant - So my sister (who i dont get on with at the best of times) is talking/planning on getting married in the canaries in October this year. She's unbelievable, I'm due the end of September with my first child and she is trying to take the attention away from that (not that I like being the centre of attention at all) but come on. How selfish!
    I've told her I wont be travelling anywhere with a newborn, especially because she wont be vaccinated by then. No way I'm exposing my child to a plane for of people!! :mad::mad:
    She's been engaged for years- like 4 plus and now all of a sudden they're getting married in oct - feck right off!
    Rant over!

I have to have a mini rant - So my sister (who i dont get on with at the best of times) is talking/planning on getting married in the canaries in October this year. She's unbelievable, I'm due the end of September with my first child and she is trying to take the attention away from that (not that I like being the centre of attention at all) but come on. How selfish!
    I've told her I wont be travelling anywhere with a newborn, especially because she wont be vaccinated by then. No way I'm exposing my child to a plane for of people!! :mad::mad:
    She's been engaged for years- like 4 plus and now all of a sudden they're getting married in oct - feck right off!
    Rant over!

Ah Naid is she for real?! How would it not enter her head that you wouldnt travel with anew born, of course you wouldnt travel at that stage! Might be a different story if she had this planned before you got pregnant but to plan it now is very selfish.

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    Ah Naid is she for real?! How would it not enter her head that you wouldnt travel with anew born, of course you wouldnt travel at that stage! Might be a different story if she had this planned before you got pregnant but to plan it now is very selfish.

Shes always been selfish but this takes it to a new level. I’m not getting into it with her, my dad has had words with her already. IDGAF!

Sounds like she's just trying to stir the pot Naid, she'll hardly pull a wedding together in 3/4 months. I'd say she's a bit jealous of the attention and excitement of new baby in the family and wanted to redirect it towards herself. I'd literally smile and nod at her every time she brings it up and just say "that's great for ye"

Just back from my doctor had a bad fall in work last night and landed flat on my face/belly, baby is fine out and apart from a black and blue arm and hip mammy is all OK too. :) The relief is unreal, twas a scary one :(

Try and focus on your own little bundle of joy I'd say yes :) and what Purple Lemons said, maybe just nod whenever she brings up her wedding and smile and just focus on your pregnancy and all.

Purple Lemons oh my goodness that sure is scary!! Glad you are both doing okay!

Sounds like she's just trying to stir the pot Naid, she'll hardly pull a wedding together in 3/4 months. I'd say she's a bit jealous of the attention and excitement of new baby in the family and wanted to redirect it towards herself. I'd literally smile and nod at her every time she brings it up and just say "that's great for ye"

Just back from my doctor had a bad fall in work last night and landed flat on my face/belly, baby is fine out and apart from a black and blue arm and hip mammy is all OK too. :) The relief is unreal, twas a scary one :(

Thanks girls. Thats exactly the approach i’m taking on it.

Omg, are you ok? I’d say that was quite a scare alright. Hope youre taking it easy today and for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Rant over!

I would be really surprised if they actually pull it off because you needs 3 months minimum for marriage registration and with wedding being abroad, you might need longer than that? I could be wrong though. She is totally jealous of all attention you may be getting though!

Purple lemons, so glad to hear all is good for you and wee one. My heart leaped reading your post. Something similar happened to me at work few weeks ago being clumsy going up the stairs but I only hit my knees with my arms out to support myself. So I could only imagine how much more scary it must have been for you!

I had my 28 weeks appointment and planned to ask for a referral to midwife led unit only my consultant was off on holidays so I got someone who hesitated but she said I can discuss it again at my next appointment so here is hoping!

Did anyone order their travel systems or have one already? I saw this light grey one I like the look of but I'm not sure how practical it could be either :confused:

We have a bugaboo donkey and if I don't get around to selling it and buying a bugaboo bee we'll keep that. I need a new car seat (and a bigger car.....).

We have a bugaboo Cameleon, which I like. I ordered the bugaboo buggy board which has a little seat on it. Although my little guy is a live wire and im not sure he will stay on it. I really don't want to have to buy a double buggy so will try this first and see how we get on.

I have a boba baby carrier from last time and am going to get a new sling so i figured if we were doing a longer walk i can put baby in sling and 2 year old in buggy. What are others on number 2 doing?

• Advertisement

I had a 15 month gap last time, hence we bought the Bugaboo. I used a ride board from when the oldest was about two and a half, but we used the double mode a lot too. I never got into slings at all, maybe I should have tried more but they just didn't work for me. I really needed the double with that age gap. With three this time I'm hoping at five years the middle one won't want to go on the ride board at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have a 22 month gap - we have an Out n About Nipper double. I also use a single and sling quite a bit. My younger son is 4 months old, long and very skinny and the Connecta seems to work well.

Hi all

Been in hospital since yesterday with vomited (had diarrhoea but it stopped) blood pressure is low and my head is banging
    Been on a drip since yesterday but don't feel much better just been given an injection of stemetil- has anyone had this?

I'm wrecked haven't slept a wink and just feel drained

fintan85 wrote: »
    Hi all

Been in hospital since yesterday with vomited (had diarrhoea but it stopped) blood pressure is low and my head is banging
    Been on a drip since yesterday but don't feel much better just been given an injection of stemetil- has anyone had this?

That sounds horrible. Hope you are doing ok. Are they keeping you in for a few days?

Hi all

Sorry to hear Fintan, doesnt sound very nice but you're in the right place I suppose. What do they reckon might be the cause?

They don't know!! Keep asking did u eat anything strange but I haven't
    More than likely just a bug!! Feeling a bit better today so fingers/toes crossed I improve and go home!
    Altho one up side is I get to hear nuggets Heartbeat about 4 times ahead

• Advertisement

They don't know!! Keep asking did u eat anything strange but I haven't
    More than likely just a bug!! Feeling a bit better today so fingers/toes crossed I improve and go home!
    Altho one up side is I get to hear nuggets Heartbeat about 4 times ahead

There seems to be a few vomiting bugs doing the rounds at the moment. Couple of people out of my job with them so hoping I can avoid it.

My son had scarlet fever two weeks ago, and was vomiting so I was dreading getting a bug as I'm still not feeling great most mornings.
    Had our 24 week appointment yesterday, baby is happy out and is breech which I suspected as all movements are very low. Started getting a few bits ready, I gave away a lot of newborn stuff so now collecting some of it back and treating baby to some new bits. Cot is ready to go but we ended up cosleeping with the other two for the first few months.

Hope you're doing ok Fintan, fingers crossed out of hospital and feeling better.

All grand on my end but cannot believe im into 3rd trimester next week. The weeks are seriously running away form me! All so exciting!

Have most fo you bought much clothes wise yet? I havent any clothes bought and am starting to panic a bit when I see people getting the washing done and getting them all ready for babies arrival! This is my first so dont have any hand me downs.

Have most of the "equipment" we need (travel system, crib etc etc) but might need to start thinking about baby grows, blankets etc. Has anyone packed their hospital bag?

I bought some newborn nappies in Aldi when I was doing the shop. We'll use cloth after a few weeks. Bought a few bits but I'm wary of getting too much as my second was a big baby and had to send my husband off for 0-3 month babygros, the newborn ones didn't fit him. I've somehow ended up with 20/30 sleeping bags and blankets so have my family warned not to buy anything like that!
    Haven't thought about the hospital bag but found all my nightdresses when I took my maternity clothes out of the attic so I've washed them for hospital. One less thing to think about. I'm hoping to get out after four nights this time. Will probably organise the bag after our holidays, we're going away for three weeks in July.

My god..... the HEARTBURN!! I’ve never had heartburn in my life, have had it for 3 days in a row! Its horrendous!

• Advertisement

I have it too, going through packets of Rennies! It's so weird, as soon as the baby is born its gone.

How are you doing Fintan?

All good here, got some surge of energy last week and got super organised, bought some replacement mattresses for the chicco next to me and the moses basket, got the buggy board, a new boba wrap for the newborn days along with sheets and babygrows. Took all the newborn and 0-3 month stuff down from the attic, washed and hung it up. I have so much stuff so need to force myself not to get anymore.

I am feeling a little more prepared now. Will worry about the hospital bag and stuff next month

Sleeping terrible and I am killed with heartburn and reflux. Got prescribed Zantax last week which i have taken when it gets really bad. Cannot believe how fast time is flying by! Will be 30 weeks on Saturday.

Up since 4am with a tightening in my back and tummy, genuinely cried thinking I was in early labour. Pain is still occurring but not getting stronger or more frequent thanks be to baby jeebus. I never got braxton hicks on my first so this has really frightened me. Afraid to try sleep again just in case :(

Anyone else had similar pains at 27w?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭babymakesthree

Up since 4am with a tightening in my back and tummy, genuinely cried thinking I was in early labour. Pain is still occurring but not getting stronger or more frequent thanks be to baby jeebus. I never got braxton hicks on my first so this has really frightened me. Afraid to try sleep again just in case :(

Anyone else had similar pains at 27w?

I never got them on my first either so it would scare the heck out of me too this early. Maybe it’s your body telling you to slow down a bit? I’ve just gone 27 weeks too and I swear the third trimester has hit me like a tonne of bricks

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Fintan, hope you're home and doing good now.

I have a mix of few newborn & 0-3 months sleepsuits & vests for hospital. Will probably get more in Next sales in few weeks time! ;) My family ordered a travel system for us so it should be here by end of August hopefully! Dying to have it already! Might look in getting a consultation with local Douala about slings soon.
    We might get a new cot mattress this week as his sister is lending us the cot until we get our own place.
    I started shopping for hospital bag few weeks ago and I think I have toiletries sorted now just need to get more dark pjs bottoms and maybe another nightie in case I get sick or something during labour.

Lazygal,you mentioned cloth nappies- I find it so confusing but would love to try it! :)

I tried pilates last Monday and enjoyed it way more than yoga so will be going every week for while now. I had my check up with midwife yesterday & she said she think the baby is back to back and there is a small drop in my iron. I had reflexology shortly afterwards with another midwife and she said not to worry about the position yet but I got plenty tips for what exercises to do and to get back bouncing on the ball! ;)

http://www.clothnappylibrary.ie/
    Lots of info here. I winged it a bit but there are loads of options. Some of my nappies will be going on their sixth bum come September!
    I got a sling free from a recycling group I'm in so delighted with that because I can pass it along guilt free if it doesn't work.

Purple Lemons, that sound absolutely horrendous. Hope you are ok. I'd be totally freaked out by that aswel.
    Was back down the hospital again this morning to get the Glucose testing done but also had an appointment with the consultants team. Apparently the blood test I had done 8 weeks ago for my thyroid medication came back as higher then the last one so I needed to change to a higher dose. According to the doctor( who wasn't the nicest)  a new prescription was sent out to me. I challenged her and said there was no new script received and why was I not called to be told that the medication needed to be changed. I was really annoyed.
    Asked her to show me the copy of new script in my file and she couldn't find it ( because it was never sent) All my other prescriptions are there. She was very dismissive when I asked what the implications are for the baby of me not being on the correct dose for 8 weeks - her response was, '' it will be fine'. my bf told her that just wasn't good enough. Had to get more bloods done on top of the glucose test and she has assured me that she will ring me tomorrow with the results - so we shall see.
    I've been taking my regular dose so at least I've had some but it was her attitude that annoyed us the most. We were both like bulls coming out. My anxiety is bad enough with all that now.
    Rant over 8-)

Hope everyone is feeling well. I've been up the walls with non pregnancy related stuff. 2 work trips, getting work done on our house and potty training our first born. I seem to really enjoy making my own life difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Hi all, haven't posted before as the start of my pregnancy was a bit of a rollercoaster, but I'm due September 2nd with my third. Hope you're all feeling well and that you don't melt in the heat we're supposed to have this weekend.

Currently sitting in a hospital waiting to do the glucose tolerance test, so hungry, cranky and bored :p

Hi all, haven't posted before as the start of my pregnancy was a bit of a rollercoaster, but I'm due September 2nd with my third. Hope you're all feeling well and that you don't melt in the heat we're supposed to have this weekend.

Currently sitting in a hospital waiting to do the glucose tolerance test, so hungry, cranky and bored :p

Welcome FurBabyMomma! Im due 9 days after you. Weeks are absolutely flying by.

Had my GTT a couple of weeks ago, not too bad other than being hungry and waiting around!

Firebird, sounds like you've been busy! Hopefully you can put your feet up a bit over the weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement