Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

September 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭firebird84

+1 on the pain, I was driving a lot today and I'm in bits now.

Finished work yesterday and had my last appt before my c section this morning, 10 days to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I think I'm going to go for tubal ligation having thought about it. Discussed it with consultant today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

How is everyone getting on this week?

I’m signed off work this week and officially start my maternity leave on monday. Am uncomfortable pretty much all the time so very much ready for the baby to come now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭babymakesthree

So exciting, really could be any day now!

Had to head to bed this afternoon, so nauseous and very uncomfortable. Not due til 15th but wouldn’t be surprised if I go a little early as my other baby arrived at 38 + 4. Been having plenty of signs over the past few days, cramping, pelvic pains, pubic bone pressure, restlessness at night and now some nausea too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Nessel

I'm probably gonna go over! Due next week Thursday and no signs and I'm sure my doctor will tell me tomorrow again that she's not going anywhere just yet.

I am having to tell the MIL to stop asking if it's starting as that will drive me nuts. Told her yesterday that she'll hear when it's born. Same to my mom but she'll be told it's starting as they'll have to get airline tickets to get here. Then my internet will go off until I'm ready to talk to people again lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Due the 15th but section date is the 12th, feel I could go at any moment keep running to the loo to check for my show.

Night times are really horrible because baby is wide awake and physically trying to force his way out through my stomach and 'china. I've a million angry stretch marks that only appeared in the last week and I dread to think of how it'll look when baby pops out. I've lost quite a bit of weight too even though I'm eating the same if not more, bump is still growing as everything else shrinks it seems.

Blahh ya I'm basically done with being pregnant forever.

Due the 15th but section date is the 12th, feel I could go at any moment keep running to the loo to check for my show.

Night times are really horrible because baby is wide awake and physically trying to force his way out through my stomach and 'china. I've a million angry stretch marks that only appeared in the last week and I dread to think of how it'll look when baby pops out. I've lost quite a bit of weight too even though I'm eating the same if not more, bump is still growing as everything else shrinks it seems.

Blahh ya I'm basically done with being pregnant forever.

I’ve just over 2 weeks to go and feel the same. Making great use out of that exercise ball.

Three weeks and baby will be here. I'm over being pregnant but not looking forward to the newborn stage!
    Going to sort out my hospital bag this week just in case. Need to get our pram down from the attic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

2 weeks in today, forgot how full on the newborn stage can be. and so much harder with a demanding toddler in tow. Feeding is going much better but she has awful wind and can be quite refluxy at times so i am getting the tongue tie snipped next week. Really hoping it sorts it out. Surprisingly she is a rather good sleeper at night, much better than our last who never slept and still is a crap sleeper to this day.

Best of luck guys, hope you arent waiting too long, the last weeks are the worst and why do people keep badgering with any signs of movement texts, its so annoying!?! I missed out on all that fun stuff as she came a week early. Look forward to some more news on the thread.

• Advertisement

I missed a phone call today and the person thought I was in labour. I was actually at the cinema getting a bit of quiet time for a change before it all kicks off. Section scheduled for Monday and I don't think I'll go before then. Just trying to get the last few things sorted in the house.

Had another appointment today confirming what I already knew. Baby is not going anywhere and the doctor thinks he'll see me again the day after my due date. But the little one is doing well which is what counts and I'm not doing too bad luckily so :) we'll wait and see!

I'm really tired and sick the past few days. I have a great urge to nest but no energy at all. Sick of pregnancy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Maslacko

lazygal wrote: »
    I'm really tired and sick the past few days. I have a great urge to nest but no energy at all. Sick of pregnancy now.

I know.. i don't even have urge to nest, just tired.. i just want to sleep, lie on my couch and watch tv.. forcing myself to get of out house today..
    Tried to do at least something.. it might make you feel better when you see what you accomplished

Had GP check up, everything is fine and baby is as engaged as he is going to be and I’m feeling loads of pressure. Had a day of cleaning and sorting yesterday so I’m ready and waiting. Really hope this doesn’t drag on for weeks, I’m too impatient! Early next week would be ideal!

Also feeling like I just want to laze about and watch telly for the foreseeable

I scrubbed down the baby swing a friend lent me, now I've my feet up!

• Advertisement

I'm not gonna lie I'm in agony here with every move baby makes, it feels like he's ripping and twisting my insides it's so painful. No contractions or anything but something tells me today is D day, section isn't for another 4 days I really hope I'm wrong. :(

Edit: Just back from hospital, not in labour and very embarrassed. Still in a lot of pain though, big ball of stress now for the evening.

I'm not gonna lie I'm in agony here with every move baby makes, it feels like he's ripping and twisting my insides it's so painful. No contractions or anything but something tells me today is D day, section isn't for another 4 days I really hope I'm wrong. :(

Edit: Just back from hospital, not in labour and very embarrassed. Still in a lot of pain though, big ball of stress now for the evening.

Aw don’t feel embarrassed Purple Lemons, you’re always much better off going in and getting checked. Hope you get some sleep tonight, baby must have run out of space altogether! This time next week it’ll be a distant memory and you’ll have your little one in your arms

No reason to be embarrassed Purple Lemons, better safe than sorry. I know exactly what you are describing. I've had 2 days of that recently and eventually I just went to bed and hoped for the best that I wasn't in labour. My bump is very neat and tight, baby has zero room in there so when he gets a bit excitable, it's very painful.

I've been driving my husband mad with nesting because I can't do much but I sure can issue instructions! We have a wonderful cleaner and she is coming tomorrow for a deep clean session then it's hospital on Monday. Going to tesco later to buy a bunch of stuff to batch cook freezer dinners, it was the one thing I really appreciated when people visited on baby 1, bringing fooooood so I don't have to cook!

Stocked up my own freezer this afternoon after defrosting and cleaning it, there's a job I certainly won't be undertaking in a hurry again.

I've all my cleaning done, lists made for himself and bags packed and repacked so now it's just a case of cross my legs til tuesday :pac:

Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow firebird x

Stocked up my own freezer this afternoon after defrosting and cleaning it, there's a job I certainly won't be undertaking in a hurry again.

I've all my cleaning done, lists made for himself and bags packed and repacked so now it's just a case of cross my legs til tuesday :pac:

Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow firebird x

Thanks! I swear today I thought babs was going to make an early appearance but seems to have settled now. House is spotless, bags are packed and first baby given lots of cuddles before bed. Didn't get as much food ready as I'd like, filled up the freezer very quickly and have no more room, whoops!

• Advertisement

I was getting concerned over baby movements today. Less and more quiet than usual even after a coke and see sugary treats. On top of (sorry if tmi) underwear soaked with discharge overnight. Didn't think it were my waters as after I changed them it was back to normal but it was all a little concerning.

So went in, they monitored the baby for at least half an hour and while certain movements were registered that I didn't feel everything was fine luckily. They checked me too and everything was as closed as it can be of course.

And then when I got home and went to the toilet I seemed to have lost (some of ) my mucus plug. So glad that everything is okay, and of course the baby started moving more again so it made a fool out of me somewhat, but they were nice about it in the hospital, but we'll see what's going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Same here Nessel. Glad all was ok for you! Was in hospital myself for reduced movements during week, I’d had a 7up and lay down and nothing! All was fine in the end but I felt so much better after being checked out.
    Plug gone here too after a sweep. 39 +3. Last baby went 12 days over and I was induced so I am excited and nervous to see if I go into labour by myself! Otherwise I’ll be having section week after next.

I'll be seeing my doctor on Friday so I don't know the next steps. I know he's happy to let me go to 42 weeks.

I was surprised the plug went though. She only checked to see if it was closed due to my discharge report.

I'm hoping the labour will start on its own too!

I'm back in with consultant on Wednesday. I'm feeling an urge to nest but no energy. Must get hospital bag packed just in case anything happens. Have all the baby equipment out now, and I need to collect the new car seat.

Collected and installed the car seat yesterday and we’re all ready to go but no major progress over the last few days, despite me thinking I was pretty close a few times last week, he seems to have gotten himself all comfy again now...a watched pot never boils eh?! Back to gp on Friday and hospital next Tues. This week would be ideal for us so really hope things get moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Baba is 2 weeks old today. Just on the way back from registering her birth so she is an official person now :) She has silent relfux like her brother but after being through the mill with him I am on the ball with her and small doses of infant Gaviscon have it under control. She went from her birth weight of 6lbs11 to 6lbs2 leaving the hospital but up to 7lbs4 today - the only advantage of oversupply is quick weight gain!

I meant to add, I also had a tubal ligation. Didn't get my consent forms til just before my section, which I was not impressed with. Found recovery tough this time up til about about day 11, but feeling much better now. Even managed a short dog walk this morning!

Congrats on the new baby Kathy22! I know how difficult it is not to get the birth you want, hope you are being kind to yourself. Hope you and baba are doing well.

So exciting that babies will be appearing all over this thread soon! Good luck everyone!

Baba is 2 weeks old today. Just on the way back from registering her birth so she is an official person now :) She has silent relfux like her brother but after being through the mill with him I am on the ball with her and small doses of infant Gaviscon have it under control. She went from her birth weight of 6lbs11 to 6lbs2 leaving the hospital but up to 7lbs4 today - the only advantage of oversupply is quick weight gain!

I meant to add, I also had a tubal ligation. Didn't get my consent forms til just before my section, which I was not impressed with. Found recovery tough this time up til about about day 11, but feeling much better now. Even managed a short dog walk this morning!

Congrats on the new baby Kathy22! I know how difficult it is not to get the birth you want, hope you are being kind to yourself. Hope you and baba are doing well.

So exciting that babies will be appearing all over this thread soon! Good luck everyone!

Congratulations Furbabymomma, lovely news and well done on the recovery! Im off to a bf into session tmoro in the hopes it’ll help me out as I struggled a bit last time, oversupply would be the dream lol!
    Bring on the babies!

Congratulations!
    Did you notice any difference in recovery with the tl? Will most likely get it done too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I can't remember my password on mobile so can't post logged in but baby boy arrived yesterday afternoon by planned section. Much better experience than the emergency one, although my blood pressure did get a little low at one point and I got a bit breathless.

Very content baby asleep beside me, was very lucky to get a private room when we checked in. Hes feeding well on the breast with formula top ups. It's barely 12 hours but night and day to baby 1 even though they are twins in looks!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

lazygal wrote: »
    Congratulations!
    Did you notice any difference in recovery with the tl? Will most likely get it done too.

Yes, I would say my midsection definitely felt more tender internally at first. But feeling fine now.

Good luck with the bf class. The first couple of weeks of bf are just so bloody tough especially, hope it goes well for you!

• Advertisement

Heading into hospital this morning for section tomorrow and I'm a bag of nerves, upset tummy just to top it all off. I just rb wanna hide in bed with my toddler :o

Good luck! Do you have to stay overnight?

Good Luck Purple lemons xx

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mjj

Best of luck Purple Lemons!!
    It’s all getting very real now, seeing the little ones arriving!! Think we have everything we need for little ones arrival, it’s our first so I’m sure we’ve forgotten everything! Just wondering is anyone doing placenta encapsulation or have done be it before? I’ve heard a bit about it, a lot positive and some not so positive?

I think its hokum. There's no proven benefits to it whatsoever. I'd save my money tbh.

mjj wrote: »
    Best of luck Purple Lemons!!
    It’s all getting very real now, seeing the little ones arriving!! Think we have everything we need for little ones arrival, it’s our first so I’m sure we’ve forgotten everything! Just wondering is anyone doing placenta encapsulation or have done be it before? I’ve heard a bit about it, a lot positive and some not so positive?

I looked into it as I was curious but the scientific evidence isn’t there to back it up unfortunately. I did see a paper that referenced its positive effects but it was funded by a company that actually did the encapsulation, so obviously a bias there.
    You do hear anecdotally about people having both positive and negative experiences with it.

Heading into hospital this morning for section tomorrow and I'm a bag of nerves, upset tummy just to top it all off. I just rb wanna hide in bed with my toddler :o

Good luck! :)

Good luck!

Finally got my hospital bag sorted, going to treat myself to a new dressing gown and slippers!
    Nausea back with a vengeance.

• Advertisement

That sounds aweful lazygal, hope the nausea will go soon. :(

I decided last moment to buy a TENS machine after all so picked one up on Monday after the hospital visit on Sunday. Lost some mucus plug that evening too (just white-ish) and yesterday and today it's more of a bloody show.

Since 3.30AM this morning I'm also getting period like cramps. They woke me up every hour or so and now are every 5-10 minutes for 20 seconds approximately. They're not bad at all, but this kind of feels like the start! Just hope this won't last until tomorrow otherwise it's not going to be a good nights rest tonight.

Nessel wrote: »

I decided last moment to buy a TENS machine after all so picked one up on Monday after the hospital visit on Sunday. Lost some mucus plug that evening too (just white-ish) and yesterday and today it's more of a bloody show.

Since 3.30AM this morning I'm also getting period like cramps. They woke me up every hour or so and now are every 5-10 minutes for 20 seconds approximately. They're not bad at all, but this kind of feels like the start! Just hope this won't last until tomorrow otherwise it's not going to be a good nights rest tonight.

That all sounds really promising Nessel, I hope it progresses nicely for you! Good luck!

Nessel wrote: »

That sounds like it could be the start alright. I remember the midwife telling me that you can usually breathe your way through BH but that real contractions will stop you in your tracks. :D

Was back down the hospital this morning for my 38 week check up and finally got a really nice doctor who went through everything with me and who actually read my chart before seeing me. And she took her time with the scan and did measurements. Head is not engaged yet so looks like shes not going anywhere yet. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Feel alot better after that appointment.

Naid23 wrote: »
    That sounds like it could be the start alright. I remember the midwife telling me that you can usually breathe your way through BH but that real contractions will stop you in your tracks. :D

Was back down the hospital this morning for my 38 week check up and finally got a really nice doctor who went through everything with me and who actually read my chart before seeing me. And she took her time with the scan and did measurements. Head is not engaged yet so looks like shes not going anywhere yet. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Feel alot better after that appointment.

It makes all the difference to get someone who is really thorough and kind.

Nessel, I found the TENS machine to be a godsend last time around, it got me to 7cm and was the first thing I packed in my hospital bag this time around! I hope you find it useful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Nessel, I found the TENS machine to be a godsend last time around, it got me to 7cm and was the first thing I packed in my hospital bag this time around! I hope you find it useful!

Jumping in from October thread to ask, when would you start using the tens machine? Very first contraction? Am 35w4d and having the odd Braxton Hicks (I think) but presume I'll know all about it when I have a real contraction?

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Jumping in from October thread to ask, when would you start using the tens machine? Very first contraction? Am 35w4d and having the odd Braxton Hicks (I think) but presume I'll know all about it when I have a real contraction?

It works best when you get it on in the early stages but in saying that, my waters went for me last time without as much as a Braxton Hicks and I was induced. I’m waiting for some intensity/clustering this time around. Maybe someone else can advise who had a more typical labour... :)

• Advertisement

All good at my appointment today. Only one more before I have the section! Signed the forms for tubal ligation. Getting very real now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Cash_Q wrote: »

Tens is most effective in early labour. So when you start to get fairly regular contractions, stick it on and leave it on. There will come a point when you find it's no longer helping and is just annoying you, and that's when you rip it off.

And yes, when you have a contraction you will definitely know. They are unmistakable.

Thanks for all your well wishes ladies, I had nothing to be worried about. Section went smooth as could be, baby Jacob born happy and healthy a bit smaller than expected at 7lbs6. Mammy is in great form too, breastfeeding going OK so far and I'm in zero pain walking about etc so happy days. Stuck here til Sunday now though which isn't ideal but shur nothing I can do about it. Cánt wait to hear of all the other baba arriving :D

Thanks for all your well wishes ladies, I had nothing to be worried about. Section went smooth as could be, baby Jacob born happy and healthy a bit smaller than expected at 7lbs6. Mammy is in great form too, breastfeeding going OK so far and I'm in zero pain walking about etc so happy days. Stuck here til Sunday now though which isn't ideal but shur nothing I can do about it. Cánt wait to hear of all the other baba arriving :D

Congratulations purple lemons!!!! Delighted for ya. Love the name Jacob. Glad the bf is going well and great to hear section went so well, I’m meant to be having a section next week if I don’t go myself before that and I’m so nervous :)

Congrats, lovely name. Glad all went well with the section!

• Advertisement
Advertisement