Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

September 2018 Babies Club

1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Paddy OFurniture

Congratulations to all! What a wonderful time pregnancy was. The increasing excitement as the time neared. I wish all of you healthy babies and safe deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Congrats lazygal and Naid23. Great to hear of more safe arrivals...even if it isnt according to plan all of the time.

Hope everyone is getting on well. We are doing good, finding it massivly tiring with the 2 of them and very little time to rest or do much of anything tbh. Once 2 year old is asleep she is awake and cluster feeding. I look forward to a bit more of a routine in a few months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Finner

loalae wrote: »
    Thanks babymakesthree and cameoette.

I think I will do what you suggested. I have my midwifery notes but I can't bring myself to read through them just yet. Concentrating on feeding now.

It's mad that everything I read spoke about how challenging breastfeeding can be but it has still taken me by surprise just how hard getting him to latch properly is!

Congratulations to you and all the other new mammies! Your experience sounds a lot like how my first went and he had a bit of trouble bfing and latching as well so I think some of that was linked to how he was born. I never did it but someone told me an osteopath could have helped because with the forceps birth it can sometimes have an effect. Just an idea. Mine also had a tongue tie so that was the main thing that stopped the good latch. Not now because it is still really a manic time the first few months but I'd recommend writing down your experience or talking it through with someone. It helped me a lot to come to terms with what I went through.

Our little boy Tadhg was born on Saturday exactly on his due date! The weeks leading up to it were going so slowly I was dying to get him out and start cuddling him and not be pregnant anymore! But then with my other son going into hospital on Monday I didn't have time this week to think about it and then the contractions just started on Friday. At first I didn't know whether it was all real because I was induced the first time round it felt like first time all over again. Went into hospital Friday night and he was born Saturday morning! Out by Sunday afternoon! The difference between first and second is a world apart! It's completely exhausting with two of them now and the bfing is pretty tough going but loving it also. Getting very emotional now about how grown up my 22 month old is compared with this little man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Finner wrote: »
    Our little boy Tadhg was born on Saturday exactly on his due date! The weeks leading up to it were going so slowly I was dying to get him out and start cuddling him and not be pregnant anymore! But then with my other son going into hospital on Monday I didn't have time this week to think about it and then the contractions just started on Friday. At first I didn't know whether it was all real because I was induced the first time round it felt like first time all over again. Went into hospital Friday night and he was born Saturday morning! Out by Sunday afternoon! The difference between first and second is a world apart! It's completely exhausting with two of them now and the bfing is pretty tough going but loving it also. Getting very emotional now about how grown up my 22 month old is compared with this little man!

Congratulations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Aww congratulations everyone! Seems like boys have the girls outnumbered :)

C is doing well. Her silent reflux is under control with Gaviscon so she's content out. Gainní g weight like mad. She's done a 4 hour stretch the last 3 nights in a row - hoping I don't jinx it as my other 2 never slept more than 2 hours til they were 5/6 months!

6 weeks on Monday but did something stupid yesterday and lifted some heavy chairs up onto a table. Am in so much pain today I'd say I put my recovery back a fortnight. So be careful C-section ladies!

I have had a good recovery from the section but the past couple of days I feel very sore inside, almost a pulled muscle sort of feeling. I've ordered a support band to see if it helps and I'm being very cautious getting up out of bed and out of chairs.
    Baby is almost back at birth weight and breastfeeding couldn't have gone any better this time around. He's only waking once at night for a big feed and we're cosleeping for now so I'm feeling very lucky in the sleep department! Long may it last.
    Hope all the other babies are doing well, are we waiting on any October arrivals?

It's a week on and my lo has a tongue tie like the first so it's a bit tough. Feel like I'm having to split myself a million ways with feeding newborn, running around after the other one, pumping to up the supply and getting time to myself. TG other half is still off for another week. It will be fun when he goes back next week!!! I'm an emotional wreck ! Keep crying with guilt over not spending enough time with the toddler. He's taking it well enough but he's developed diarrhea this past week and I think it's all the stress of the upheaval that's given it to him. I know in my right mind I'm doing the best I can for the two of them but I'm not really in my right mind! Lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Finner wrote: »
    It's a week on and my lo has a tongue tie like the first so it's a bit tough. Feel like I'm having to split myself a million ways with feeding newborn, running around after the other one, pumping to up the supply and getting time to myself. TG other half is still off for another week. It will be fun when he goes back next week!!! I'm an emotional wreck ! Keep crying with guilt over not spending enough time with the toddler. He's taking it well enough but he's developed diarrhea this past week and I think it's all the stress of the upheaval that's given it to him. I know in my right mind I'm doing the best I can for the two of them but I'm not really in my right mind! Lol!

Hope you are doing okay Finner. Just do the best you can, cant be easy with a toddler aswel as a new born.

I've had a bit of a rollercoaster of a week, its been mostly good but have had a day or two where I wasnt great. Baby is good and my Boyfriend has been amazing, very thankful that he has a decent bit of time off work.
    Still trying to get my head around and deal with how the birth went and the trauma of it aswel as the fact that my mam isnt here to meet her new grandchild so Im struggling a fair bit emotionally/Mentally. Just taking everything one day at a time.
    Baby has been great and starting to settle into a routine thankfully.

Hope everyone is doing good the last few weeks x

Naid take it easy. I found my emotions were all over the place this time around and this is my third so I thought I would be fine. And that's with a brilliant experience. Don't be afraid to talk about what happened with the phn if they're approachable or your gp can recommend counselling. Even one session can help. X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

UCD Baby Brains Lab are looking for parents with infants aged 10 to 20 months to visit our Baby Brains Lab at UCD for a fun morning or afternoon of activities, including measuring brain waves using colourful hats, using an eye tracker to capture gaze patterns, and sending home a sleep actigraph to track sleeping patterns. The visit will take approximately 2 hours, allowing time to ask questions and take breaks. Testing can take place any day Monday - Saturday and our research team are happy to organise a time that suits you. Of course, every baby who takes part will be presented with a Baby Scientist certificate (you can never start filling those CVs early enough)!

Our babies are far less than 10-20 months old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Hey,

How is everybody getting on with their little ones? All good I hope.

We’ve just passed the 3 month mark and its been amazing so far. Thankfully we both took to breastfeeding, first few weeks were pretty tough so was pretty grateful that my BF was off for a month so i could focus on it while he did everything else.

Emi is super long already, barely stayed in 0-3 month sleepsuits and now is already in 6-9.
    3 month check up tomorrow, interested to see how heavy and how long she is now!

Nearly forgot about this thread! Hope everyone is doing well. Little fella is four months old and time is flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭loalae

Shay will be 4 months this weekend. It's amazing to watch him develop and work so hard to reach out for things and start to roll over. I didn't think I could love anyone as much as I love him - sometimes have to remind myself that I love him when he wakes up every 90 mins at night though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

How is everyone doing?!

Little one is 16 months now and full of divilment and attitude

Very busy at this age but so so funny. What did we laugh at before their arrival haha

Hope all the mummas and babies are doing well!

Advertisement