Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

September 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fintan85

Ladies,'half 9 last night I sent my husband to town for chocolate cookies, I really wanted chocolate!
    I have the odd feeling of nausea but no sickness thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Yep got my flu jab last week, all good.

Had early scan yesterday and saw a lovely flickering healthy heartbeat! The relief is unbelievable, just to get that confirmation is so lovely. Not as far along as I thought though, about 10 days in it, have to get used to dates changing I suppose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭firebird84

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    Yep got my flu jab last week, all good.

Had early scan yesterday and saw a lovely flickering healthy heartbeat! The relief is unbelievable, just to get that confirmation is so lovely. Not as far along as I thought though, about 10 days in it, have to get used to dates changing I suppose!

Delighted for you meeeee79! I have mine later this week, cannot wait. I had a tiny bit of spotting yesterday which I know is nothing panic worthy but every little thing sets me off right now.

firebird84 wrote: »
    Delighted for you meeeee79! I have mine later this week, cannot wait. I had a tiny bit of spotting yesterday which I know is nothing panic worthy but every little thing sets me off right now.

I had the same last week. Lasted about 3 days, very light. Was obviously on my mind but as it turned out all was perfect and she said that is perfectly normal so dont worry too much.

I feel like the weeks are really dragging, just cant wait to be able to tell everyone!

What most peoples thoughts on this? Wait til the 12 weeks even if you had an early scan? We have told immediate family on both sides but not another sinner. Im bursting :D:D:D

I had the same last week. Lasted about 3 days, very light. Was obviously on my mind but as it turned out all was perfect and she said that is perfectly normal so dont worry too much.

Ah phew, good to know it's not just me!
    I feel like the weeks are really dragging, just cant wait to be able to tell everyone!

What most peoples thoughts on this? Wait til the 12 weeks even if you had an early scan? We have told immediate family on both sides but not another sinner. Im bursting :D:D:D

We told my parents at the weekend, I would have preferred to wait until after the scan but they were looking at booking a holiday for the week I'm due so the jig was up. I'll probably wait til 12 weeks for most other people if I can help it. Work might not wait that long because I've been asked to go on trips that I might not be able to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭babymakesthree

I'd definitely avoid long haul travel if my doc had a concern. It's not worth the risk. Could you possibly rearrange for another time or get a refund at this stage? If you're deemed medically unfit to travel then maybe travel insurance (if you have it yet) would reimburse some to you? It's disappointing though, I can understand why you're hesitant to make the decision.

Feeling so nauseous this morning, I've had mainly dodgy evenings up to now but I find if I get hungry at all I get so nauseous. I'm definitely raising a few eyebrows in work with my constant snacking....on carbs.....in January

Craving loads of savoury stuff too!

Booked an early scan for 19th Feb when I'll be 9weeks, the time is crawling by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

I'd definitely avoid long haul travel if my doc had a concern. It's not worth the risk. Could you possibly rearrange for another time or get a refund at this stage? If you're deemed medically unfit to travel then maybe travel insurance (if you have it yet) would reimburse some to you? It's disappointing though, I can understand why you're hesitant to make the decision.

Feeling so nauseous this morning, I've had mainly dodgy evenings up to now but I find if I get hungry at all I get so nauseous. I'm definitely raising a few eyebrows in work with my constant snacking....on carbs.....in January

Craving loads of savoury stuff too!

Booked an early scan for 19th Feb when I'll be 9weeks, the time is crawling by.

Thanks for the advise. The main reason i question it is because its a new doctor that i went to see ( Moved to a new area last year, so makes sense to go to the nearest doctor). She was quite intense and basically scared me with how she reacted to family history. She didnt say not to fly but to limit it. I think i'm going to get a second opinion to see if i take the correct precautions will i be ok to fly. Its our last big holiday for the next few years so i would feel terribly guilty to have to cancel it on my boyfriends daughter as we want to make it all about her before we add to the family.

Confused as to what to do.

Naid23 wrote: »

Confused as to what to do.

Get a second opinion. Every doctor is different but if it was me and the second doctor had any reservations at all then I just wouldn't take the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 supersiren

Glad to hear others have had the flu shot..doctor basically (in a good way) told me that I was getting it yesterday that it was way too risky not to. Booked in an early scan today for the 10th of Feb all going well fingers crossed.

Ladies, of those of you who have had early (8 weeks) scans so far, was it transvaginal or ultrasound?

• Advertisement

Ladies, of those of you who have had early (8 weeks) scans so far, was it transvaginal or ultrasound?

I was 7 weeks and it was transvaginal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I've had two abdominal scans at 7 weeks.

Transvaginal, much clearer and as it turned out not actually that uncomfortable.

It was abdominal in the end. Shaved my legs for nothing :P

Great to see baby's heartbeat and get that bit of reassurance, also I won't lie, relieved there's only one baby in there, twins run in our families :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Great news Firebird. Gives some reassurance for a few more weeks :)

I also got the flu jab about 2 weeks ago. Was really sick after it, which didn't happen when I got it on my last pregnancy. Woke up the morning after getting it really nauseous, vomiting and then by the evening had chills and a high temperature. Woke up the next morning and it was gone so assume it was linked to the jab. The nausea and vomiting was really horrible so made me appreciate not having bad morning sickness.

Almost 10 weeks, I feel like time is going by so slowly!

Kathy22 wrote: »
    Great news Firebird. Gives some reassurance for a few more weeks :)

I also got the flu jab about 2 weeks ago. Was really sick after it, which didn't happen when I got it on my last pregnancy. Woke up the morning after getting it really nauseous, vomiting and then by the evening had chills and a high temperature. Woke up the next morning and it was gone so assume it was linked to the jab. The nausea and vomiting was really horrible so made me appreciate not having bad morning sickness.

Almost 10 weeks, I feel like time is going by so slowly!

I am 8 weeks tomorrow and time is seriously on a go slow!! I think I just want to tell people and that way I can share my joy with everyone

Here's hoping the next few weeks fly by

I got a leaflet from the place I've booked the early scan and it says about 5 times on it that insufficiently full bladder, and BMI can affect the scan....I'm carrying a bit more squidge than I'd like so hopefully the abdominal scan will be fine! Will shave legs anyway just in case :o

I got a leaflet from the place I've booked the early scan and it says about 5 times on it that insufficiently full bladder, and BMI can affect the scan....I'm carrying a bit more squidge than I'd like so hopefully the abdominal scan will be fine! Will shave legs anyway just in case :o

We were waiting a while so I had a very full bladder by the time we got seen which probably helped. The doctor said she would try abdominal first and then vaginal if she couldn't see anything there.

edit: oh and I'm also a little bit over on the BMI scale too but didn't seem to matter.

How has everyone been feeling? Ive had pretty bad nausea the last few days but hoping it will pass and get some relief soon. Just to feel normal for even a day would be nice! Saying that I cant really complain, in general I have gotten off pretty lightly so far.

Does anyone know much about the midwife domino scheme? Just read in another thread someone saying that if you choose this route, you may have difficulty getting an epidural and that you are treated by different midwives in the hospital. Had really hoped to go the domino route as would be so much easier but that other thread has totally confused me! So much to learn first time round!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Nessel

Sunday I was feeling nauseous quite a bit and quite lightheaded. Still a slight feeling of that yesterday and today, but not bad at all. My daily injections are the worst to be honest. My sides are starting to look horrible with all the small bruises (blood thinners). Will have my scan this Friday so I'm hoping everything will look okay there. Feeling quite lucky that I don't have worse symptoms.

Don't know about the domino scheme to be honest. Can't take that route myself I believe as I'll be considered high risk.

I couldn't/can't do Domino Scheme because I'm in the wrong catchment area so sorry, can't help there.

My main symptom right now is being fat. I've not gained much weight on the scales, maybe only a pound or two but my jeans are now divided into two piles; "goodbye, see you in around 12 months" and "might get another week or two out of these". Need to get husband into the attic at the weekend to dig out the maternity clothes bag already. I'll only be 9 weeks on Friday!

My main symptom right now is being fat. I've not gained much weight on the scales, maybe only a pound or two but my jeans are now divided into two piles; "goodbye, see you in around 12 months" and "might get another week or two out of these". Need to get husband into the attic at the weekend to dig out the maternity clothes bag already. I'll only be 9 weeks on Friday!

Im with you on this one! Haven't actually put any weigh ton (yet!) but there are alot of clothes that have already been banished for the rest of the year and that pile is getting bigger by the day!! Im nearly wishing it to be time for maternity clothes at this stage as I'm uncomfortable in alot of my own clothes!

Still so excited to be on this journey though, it is amazing the things you learn as you go along.

Nessel, hope the scan goes well on Friday. It must be tough having complications but when you hear that heartbeat on Friday you will remember what its all for x

How has everyone been feeling? Ive had pretty bad nausea the last few days but hoping it will pass and get some relief soon. Just to feel normal for even a day would be nice! Saying that I cant really complain, in general I have gotten off pretty lightly so far.

Does anyone know much about the midwife domino scheme? Just read in another thread someone saying that if you choose this route, you may have difficulty getting an epidural and that you are treated by different midwives in the hospital. Had really hoped to go the domino route as would be so much easier but that other thread has totally confused me! So much to learn first time round!!

I was wondering the same. Got my letter from the hospital today regarding my midwife appointment and my scan date.
    Read through the info and it said you can be moved from Midwife to consultant care during labour (if you want an epidural). I've no idea what i am going to be like as i'm not great pain wise so would like to keep the epidural as an option.

Aw Nessel, I don't envy you. Sounds tough having to be injected every day!

Feeling pretty zapped this week myself, intermittent nausea all through the day and night, generally very uncomfortable and bloated. I haven't weighed myself (purely out of fear, dreading that at the booking appt!) but I feel like I'm very puffy. My clothes are definitely getting tight. I find that I'm getting into nice stretchy pjs the minute I'm home from work. Only 7+3 today.

Have you all told many people yet? This is our 2nd and I'm not sure I'll be able to keep it quiet much longer, plenty of sideways glances already, or maybe I'm paranoid! Glad it's Jan so the avoiding alcohol etc is easier to explain away

Thanks Meeeee79. Can't wait to have some reassurance this Friday (fingers crossed).

babymakesthree unfortunately I don't have a choice. I had pulmonary embolisms years ago and they told me back then I needed injections whenever I'd be pregnant. It's what I have to do as it was hormones in the birth control pill that the doctors thought caused the clots before. While sticking needles in my own body isn't ideal it makes me feel quite relieved that I'm on them during the pregnancy.

Totally forgot, but I also have incredibly sore breasts for a solid month now. Driving me nuts while trying to sleep. Sleeping on the side and moving is rather annoying at the moment!

We haven't told anyone I'm pregnant yet. I can't wait though. Both of our parents (especially mothers) would be delighted! We're expecting to tell when I'm in week 14 which is still so far away, but we have a few reasons. One of which is that the first trimester will be over. Luckily I'm not showing so I'm still wearing all my own clothes that are still quite comfortable. Don't envy those who are already having to think about other clothes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭loalae

I thought that I was going to get away with no nausea but it has hit me really hard the last few days. I'm feeling awfully sorry for myself! No weight gain yet but boobs are quite sore.

I'm in the process of moving jobs and looking for a new place to live so doing that with my hormones all over the place is kind of hard! I live in the UK so trying to get to grips with what I need to do and where I need to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Salb

Hi,

Does anyone know if I am at risk for pregancy because of the following: I take the combination pill and was supposed to start my pack on Friday (usually take it bed time) but didn't take it until 3am Saturday morning. I then forgot to take Saturday's pill so I took Saturdays pill on Sunday and planned to take Sunday's a few hours later but I forget. I then took Sunday's pill on Monday morning again planning to take Monday's on Monday night but forgot again and took Monday's on Tuesday morning. Then finally got up to speed and took Tuesday's on Tuesdays night. Do I need to take extra precautions?

Salb wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know if I am at risk for pregancy because of the following: I take the combination pill and was supposed to start my pack on Friday (usually take it bed time) but didn't take it until 3am Saturday morning. I then forgot to take Saturday's pill so I took Saturdays pill on Sunday and planned to take Sunday's a few hours later but I forget. I then took Sunday's pill on Monday morning again planning to take Monday's on Monday night but forgot again and took Monday's on Tuesday morning. Then finally got up to speed and took Tuesday's on Tuesdays night. Do I need to take extra precautions?

Look at other methods of contraception, this is clearly not working for you if you forgot it 4 days in a row in some shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Salb

Considering I have been using this type of contraceptive for 12 years I don't think your advice in necessary. If anyone wants to actually answer the question for me rather trying to give advice about something i didn't actually ask for your comments would be very welcome.

Salb wrote: »
    Considering I have been using this type of contraceptive for 12 years I don't think your advice in necessary. If anyone wants to actually answer the question for me rather trying to give advice about something i didn't actually ask for your comments would be very welcome.

Id suggest moving it an appropriate forum perhaps

As you would know having taken it for 12 years yes, you are at risk of pregnancy if it has not been taken correctly. The first week back on it is one of the most important times to ensure you take it correctly.

• Advertisement

Meeeee79 answered your question though. You asked if you need to take more precautions. Yes, or switch methods. IUD is ideal as you don't have to remember doing anything for about five years. If you need further advise please post in a different section where people can answer more of your queries.

While we're happy to help this specific section is for those expecting coming September.

Hi all nausea had hit badly the last few days..struggling to keep anything down today and have zero energy. I don’t remember it being this bad the last time. Hoping for a decent nights sleep tonight so maybe tomorro will be better.
    I did domino with my first..they phoned me last time after I had seen my doctor and made an appointment with them..I bascically went from domino midwife to gp then for appointments only seeing the consultant once and that was just for her to say she was happy i continued with domino. My scans were with same midwives as everyone else though and just went straight from any scans to donino midwife. When I went into labour I didn’t have any domino midwives though as you basically get whichever midwife is on duty..so if it happens to be a domino then so be it. I had an epidural no problem..had to wait a little while as he was only doc on duty that night that could give them. The next time I seen a domino midwife was the day after I got home from hospital when she called to visit and she gave baby her heel prick at home. She also visited the day after so two Home visits in total but she would have called again if I had of needed her. Hope that explains a little about domino. I’m hoping to do them again this time around.

supersiren wrote: »
    Hi all nausea had hit badly the last few days..struggling to keep anything down today and have zero energy. I don’t remember it being this bad the last time. Hoping for a decent nights sleep tonight so maybe tomorro will be better.
    I did domino with my first..they phoned me last time after I had seen my doctor and made an appointment with them..I bascically went from domino midwife to gp then for appointments only seeing the consultant once and that was just for her to say she was happy i continued with domino. My scans were with same midwives as everyone else though and just went straight from any scans to donino midwife. When I went into labour I didn’t have any domino midwives though as you basically get whichever midwife is on duty..so if it happens to be a domino then so be it. I had an epidural no problem..had to wait a little while as he was only doc on duty that night that could give them. The next time I seen a domino midwife was the day after I got home from hospital when she called to visit and she gave baby her heel prick at home. She also visited the day after so two Home visits in total but she would have called again if I had of needed her. Hope that explains a little about domino. I’m hoping to do them again this time around.

That helped a lot, thank you. We're leaning towards the Domino set up so great to hear how it went for you.

Supersiren sorry to hear you have been so unwell, it seems never ending sometimes! Are you feeling any better today? Even if you could keep a bit of toast down you it would be something!

Thanks for the info on the domino scheme, very helpful. Hopefully no complications on my side and I will be given the option to go this route

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Found out this weekend I'm expecting my second, EDD Sept 16th so I'm just over 8 weeks but it feels nothing at all like my first pregnancy.
    I do have a viral infection at the moment but my symptoms just seem so different this time around, hopefully I'm worrying over nothing.

Wishing you all health and happiness on this bat**** crazy journey! :)

Huge congrats Purple Lemons!! You're doing well not finding out until 8 weeks, hopefully that means you've had it easy enough so far and long may it continue!

Congrats and welcome to the club Purple Lemons, a lot of us are expecting our second it seems. This has also been a very different pregnancy for me, mainly I feel every minute of those 3 extra years I didn't have the first time!

Huge congrats Purple Lemons!! You're doing well not finding out until 8 weeks, hopefully that means you've had it easy enough so far and long may it continue!

I've had about 4/5 weeks of feeling nauseated and puking occasionally. I just presumed I couldn't be pregnant so didn't bother testing until I had to buy myself a new bigger bra.

I hadn't any sickness on my daughter whatsoever just really unbearably sore breasts and horrible colour changing discharge for weeks in the first trimester. This time though, no pain, no discharge just constantly want to vomit haha

Going to see my gp Monday and let him know anyway :)

Supersiren sorry to hear you have been so unwell, it seems never ending sometimes! Are you feeling any better today? Even if you could keep a bit of toast down you it would be something!

Thanks for the info on the domino scheme, very helpful. Hopefully no complications on my side and I will be given the option to go this route

Thanks for asking not a whole lot better today had a slice of toast this morning barely keeping it down though. I kind of go from longing for something tasty to wanting to vomit all day (Sorry tmi) I really don’t remember feeling like this on my first although I also didn’t have a toddler to run around after then either:) not as tired today though so have got a good bit of housework done. Back to work tomorro and goin for work dinner tomorro evening which I’m dreading but can’t get out of. I can’t remeber if I said in last post I have a scan booked this Saturday so really looking forward to that. Hopefully can relax a little after that.

Congrats Purple Lemons!
    Hope you'll feel better soon. :)

• Advertisement

Oh and actually do ya know what I’m really missing this time around..a bloody proper bottle of lucozade. Not the new low sugar one..it was a go to my last pregnancy for a bit of energy but since they changed the recipe it’s horrible:(

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Congrats purple lemons, nice to get to 8 weeks without wishing the weeks away.

Tiredness is still a killer and still very bloated, my digestive system has slowed down completely. I was walking by a window yesterday and can definitely see a small belly. Hoping I don't show super early this time around. Didn't really show till around 20 weeks last time. My stomach muscles have obviously taken a beaten from the last pregnancy. 

Will be 11 weeks on Saturday. Feel like I'm wishing the time away but can't wait to get out of the tired, bloated, nauseous phase that is the first trimester.

Thank you all for the well wishes, only my partner, daughter and dog know so far so it's nice to be able to share the news. :pac:

Really missing old lucozade myself too, was great to sip on for a bit of get up and go last time round. New stuff tastes like a horrible cheap red lemonade.

supersiren wrote: »
    Thanks for asking not a whole lot better today had a slice of toast this morning barely keeping it down though. I kind of go from longing for something tasty to wanting to vomit all day (Sorry tmi)

I dont think theres alot that is TMI in this forum so dont worry :D

Congratulations Purple Lemons, you're well into first trimester now so hopefully the time will fly along! How old your dd? I was wondering when is a good time to tell the kids, I think mine knows, must have overheard us but we're waiting for at least a scan just for reassurance til we say anything directly about it

Congratulations Purple Lemons, you're well into first trimester now so hopefully the time will fly along! How old your dd? I was wondering when is a good time to tell the kids, I think mine knows, must have overheard us but we're waiting for at least a scan just for reassurance til we say anything directly about it

We haven't told our toddler yet, but he's 2 and a half so his comprehension of what's happening won't really kick in until his sibling arrives. I haven't mentioned it mainly because I worry he'd tell everyone and their dog "THERE'S A BABY IN MAMMY BELLY" which would be his style.

My little lady is only 18 months so she definitely has no idea of what I actually told her. She thinks the pregnancy test is the baby and she's been carrying it around in her hold all bag taking it out every now and then to say "ooooooh baby".

My little lady is only 18 months so she definitely has no idea of what I actually told her. She thinks the pregnancy test is the baby and she's been carrying it around in her hold all bag taking it out every now and then to say "ooooooh baby".

LOL that's so cute

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fuisce2

Hey ladies, huge congrats to everyone whose joined since page 5 - uh apparently my notifications weren't on.

Girls, if ye could do a little dance or send me some postive vibes id appreciate it. spent 4 hours in ane in coombe last night after going to GP with some spotting <so upset>. I wasnt remotely worried, ZERO pains, ZERO bright red blood BUT my GP kind of freaked me out and sent me straight to ane. It's pretty bad that people who present with suspected miscarriage have to sit beside women talking about how perfect their babies look in the scan and see continuous flow of visitors arriving in the main doors with 'it's a girl' balloons etc (the system not staffs fault, staff were just amazing).

ANYWAY Then while getting internal exam the Dr stopped and actually called the other DR in to help her saying 'there's something in the way there'. Im impressed personally that no rude words came out of my mouth just then but I was pretty worried to say the least, not what you want to hear when two women are poking around your vagina! Anyway, they sent the 'tissue' off for testing (a few weeks wait there). Then I'd to sign a form stating my preference if it was fetal tissue whether I wanted it for burial or for it to go to Glasnevin!! I know it's normal procedure but it really threw me. Anyway, long and short is internal exam was fine otherwise, she did a scan and we could see what she called a 'feotal pool' in the womb - but she couldnt tell me if i was having a miscarriage or not. She was a bit apologetic about it and very kind. We're booked for an early scan tomorrow morning. Really I just need a hug girls. It never occurred to me we might lose the baby (our first after trying for 2 years) but now i'm going nuts waiting. hope ye are all healthy and happy x

• Advertisement

Thats heartbreaking fuisce and I really feel for you.

The waiting is so hard, you just wish there was some straight yes/no answer instead of being left wondering.

Maybe have a nice bath tonight and try your best to distract yourself for the evening and fingers and toes crossed you'll know more in the morning and even bigger hopes that it turns out all is ok.

Virtual hugs xx

Advertisement