Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

September 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fuisce2

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    Thats heartbreaking fuisce and I really feel for you.

The waiting is so hard, you just wish there was some straight yes/no answer instead of being left wondering.

Maybe have a nice bath tonight and try your best to distract yourself for the evening and fingers and toes crossed you'll know more in the morning and even bigger hopes that it turns out all is ok.

Virtual hugs xx

Thanks x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Maybe have a nice bath tonight and try your best to distract yourself for the evening and fingers and toes crossed you'll know more in the morning and even bigger hopes that it turns out all is ok.

Virtual hugs xx

Just make sure the bath isn’t too hot. Hopefully you get good news tomorrow x

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mjj

Hi Everyone!
    Congrats to everyone!! I’m about 10 weeks pregnant, this is my first pregnancy so it’s exciting/nerve wracking! I’m not feeling too bad, very tired and nauseous but not actually getting sick. I’ve no real appetite and can often only face plain food like crackers, toast, plain sandwich. I’m eating fruit and yoghurt and trying to drink lots of water but my dinners are small and plain. Just looking for advice, should I be taking some vitamins, am worried that the baby isn’t getting enough vitamins cause my eating isn’t great. I’m taking folic acid. Thanks so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭babymakesthree

Fuisce2, that sounds so worrying but fingers crossed all will be well with you and the little nugget. Sending you best wishes for tomorrow. Hopefully you'll get docs with more expertise who can give you some real answers. I can't imagine much will distract you tonight but stay away from Dr. Google and watch a film or something. Glad you have an appt in the morning at least you won't have long to wait.

Mjj, congratulations and welcome! Might be a good idea to take a pregnanacy multivitamin like pregnacare just to feel reassured. Folic acid is always the thing that's emphasised but don't forget, you also need nutrients yourself so a top up can only be a good thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Fuisce2 heartbreaking to read your post, sound really stressful and I'm sorry you didn't get any answers and have to come back again tomorrow. I hope you get some rest tonight and get positive news in the morning. Thoughts are with you especially after your long journey to get here xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭firebird84

Fingers crossed for you today Fuisce2

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

mjj wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!
    Congrats to everyone!! I’m about 10 weeks pregnant, this is my first pregnancy so it’s exciting/nerve wracking! I’m not feeling too bad, very tired and nauseous but not actually getting sick. I’ve no real appetite and can often only face plain food like crackers, toast, plain sandwich. I’m eating fruit and yoghurt and trying to drink lots of water but my dinners are small and plain. Just looking for advice, should I be taking some vitamins, am worried that the baby isn’t getting enough vitamins cause my eating isn’t great. I’m taking folic acid. Thanks so much!!

My doctor recommended pregnacare so maybe try that? Just make sure if you are taking a multi vitamin that it is a pregnancy specific one as the regular multi vitamins often have over the recommended dose of Vit A

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BB2011

Hope all goes well today Fuisce2 x

*phew*
    All is well thank everything and everyone! We got to see (and hear) the heartbeat and the doctor twice commented on how strong and regular it was. Naturally I just burst into tears. Bone shattering-ly tired now (in spite of solid sleep last night, my body obviously knew everything was fine with 'nugget' (great word by the way babymakesthree)) so obviously just full of relief and joy. CANNOT wait until we hit the 12 weeks ladies! I can't take another round of that kind of a scare. Thanks so much again though, read your replies on the way to the hospital this morning and it really did help me feel a bit better as we headed in. xxx

babymakesthree, kathy22, firebird84 and BB2011, thanks so much girls. I WAS super stressed/anxious/worried.

MMJ - welcome and congrats :)

Bee06 - Thanks, I actually completely forgot about the temperature of the bath but luckily I don't like really hot water so I'm sure that it was fine!

To all the ladies - if anyone wants to pm me for more info about the whole 'suspect miscarriage' process feel free. Happy to help - I wouldn't have found it quite so stressful if I'd had more of a clue of what to expect to happen. I won't post it in the public space because I dont want to upset anyone and want to stay positive for everyone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Thats great news Fuisce. Glad to hear everything was ok. X

• Advertisement

Naid23 wrote: »
    Thats great news Fuisce. Glad to hear everything was ok. X

Thanks thanks thanks thanks **hhhaaappy danceee in my kitchen***

Fuisce that is fantastic news! What a relief!! Delighted everything is looking great, now to enjoy the passing weeks without a care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Thrilled for you Fuisce, it's never easy to go through something like that. Back to the excitement of it all now. :)

My flu seems to have flown away thank god, not a hint of nausea either I can't stop eating or crying today and I'm not a bit sad, very happy and hormonal :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Fuisce, I have been through it on all three of mine (2 healthy kids and a squirming and kicking 28 week pregnancy here).Terribly stressful, but delighted you have good news.Great to see the heartbeat, it's always a good sign, but it's ok to be nervous,I still am!!Can't help it after a scare like that.Hope it all goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mjj

Fuisce that’s great news! Delighted for you!

So relieved for you Fuisce2!!! Amazing outcome.

Ah fuisce I am so delighted for you. The worry must have been unbearable. Amazing to see and hear the heartbeat and realise it is fighting on strong.

Does the worry ever stop? I had an early scan a couple of weeks back and all was good but the thoughts of things going wrong just dont seem to leave my head! Dont get me wrong, Im not worrying to the point of stressing myself out or anything but the wonder and hope that everything is ok is always there! I suppose thats motherhood for you?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Nessel

So happy for you Fuisce2! You must be so relieved.

I just had my first scan and first look at the baby! So amazing, I felt myself tear up lol. And then to hear the heartbeat which is SUCH a relief.

Nessel wrote: »
    So happy for you Fuisce2! You must be so relieved.

I just had my first scan and first look at the baby! So amazing, I felt myself tear up lol. And then to hear the heartbeat which is SUCH a relief.

Its an amazing experience

Fuisce great news. So delighted to hear everything went OK.

Nessel good to hear your scan went well. Always lovely to see baby.

11 weeks tomorrow. Have my next scan on Tuesday week, can't wait for it just to know everything is ok.

Not feeling the best atm, sore throat, cough and a bit of a temp. :(

• Advertisement

I cant get over how tired i am nearly all the time.
    Teamed with the ongoing nausea if i dont eat, this is no craic.

My sister keeps telling me it gets easier after the 12 weeks, but that seems like an entirnity away.

Hopefully the next few weeks go fast.

I'm about 9w4d now, I won't be 100% sure on dates until the scan. Nausea is practically gone thankfully I was really struggling with it. It was making me feel so down!
    Still tired but not as much now. My appetite is fully restored anyway I was totally gone off sweet things and now all I want is chocolate!

Great news Fuisce! What a relief.

Hope your dose hasn't got any worse Kathy! There's nothing worse especially being limited to what you can take and then trying to power through without taking anything at all. I remember on my 1st I got splitting headaches I eventually took paracetemol, even though they're safe I still didn't want to take them just in case.

I find the days are going by fast for me now. February is a short month too. We'll all be 12 weeks before we know it and hopefully all is well and symptoms are starting to go away. Only to be replaced by others haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fintan85

I am just 9w and the nausea is up and down..whats killing me is the back pain and right hand hip pain.. if I walk around at all I feel like my hip is going to fall off, Any ideas what this is ?

As you said BB2011 roll on 12 weeks, I have my scan in 3 weeks and can't wait, had an internal at 7 weeks so the countdown to 12 weeeks has been so slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

fintan85 wrote: »
    I am just 9w and the nausea is up and down..whats killing me is the back pain and right hand hip pain.. if I walk around at all I feel like my hip is going to fall off, Any ideas what this is ?

As you said BB2011 roll on 12 weeks, I have my scan in 3 weeks and can't wait, had an internal at 7 weeks so the countdown to 12 weeeks has been so slow

It could be round ligament pain or SPD. It would be very early for SPD so most likely round ligament pain. It might be worth a visit to the physio.

Just 8 weeks here and nausea has finally eased off a little in the last day or so but feeling really zapped. Heavy eyelids and could sleep anywhere anytime. It's the only symptom I had last time around at 8 weeks too, a few weeks of being wrecked tired. In with gp for check up tmoro morning and scan next Mon.
    Naid23 did you get a second opinion on the flights?

Just 8 weeks here and nausea has finally eased off a little in the last day or so but feeling really zapped. Heavy eyelids and could sleep anywhere anytime. It's the only symptom I had last time around at 8 weeks too, a few weeks of being wrecked tired. In with gp for check up tmoro morning and scan next Mon.
    Naid23 did you get a second opinion on the flights?

Yeah I did, my own doctor was a lot better and calmer to talk to. Pity she’s too far away to be my anti natal doc.
    She explained everything better and put me at ease. I’ll be second trimester when we fly and she advised that if the coombe have a worry bout clots ( i’ll have my scan 2 weeks before we fly) then they will give me a warfarin injection before and after I fly. Have to take precautions like the socks and walking around a bit, but should be fine.

Its a relief, cause the other doctor genuinely scared me and the stress of worrying bout it was t doing me any good.

Yeah I did, my own doctor was a lot better and calmer to talk to. Pity she’s too far away to be my anti natal doc.
    She explained everything better and put me at ease. I’ll be second trimester when we fly and she advised that if the coombe have a worry bout clots ( i’ll have my scan 2 weeks before we fly) then they will give me a warfarin injection before and after I fly. Have to take precautions like the socks and walking around a bit, but should be fine.

Its a relief, cause the other doctor genuinely scared me and the stress of worrying bout it was t doing me any good.

That's great news, delighted it can be managed and you still get to take the trip!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

No it doesn't.
    28 weeks on no. 3 here.....although I have not got much time to think, I still have moments of terror where I convince myself something will go wrong, I won't get this baby.Despite having no evidence that it will....it still worries me.
    It's a different type of worry when the kids are here I find.

Fintan85 agree could be round ligament pain, the hormones in your body can cause your tissue to loosen and stretch and can cause this pain. Say it to your midwife/doctor at your booking appointment and sign up for physio early. Not sure if you are public or private but I know physio in the Rotunda had a long waiting list.

I developed sciatica around 36 weeks pregnant which gradually got worse. I left it and then after I gave birth it got worse and I couldn't walk. Ended up on crutches for 3 weeks. I was in a bad way so got an emergency appointment with physio. I am determined this time that if I notice even a hint of a niggle I am going to book in. Last thing you need to be dealing with along with everything else. I brought out my trusty pregnancy pillow last night and have to say it helped and I am not as stiff this morning.

Still smothered here. Not sure if its a sinus infection or a bad cold. Woke up yesterday feeling like I had been punched in the face. I also seem to have pulled a muscle in my back so am like an old lady getting up and down.

Nausea has died down and my appetite is back to normal. Still end up starving by morning. Really need to be careful what i eat as I got too comfy last time and hated the extra weight gain!

• Advertisement

Morning ladies, counting down the days til I can tell work and stop keeping secrets. Trying to dodge boozy birthday nights out and trips away like bullets here. Have our Nuchal Fold scan on March 1st and hoping I can make it til then without telling them.

firebird84 wrote: »
    Morning ladies, counting down the days til I can tell work and stop keeping secrets. Trying to dodge boozy birthday nights out and trips away like bullets here. Have our Nuchal Fold scan on March 1st and hoping I can make it til then without telling them.

Is this a standard scan or is this an extra one you need to organise yourself??

Is this a standard scan or is this an extra one you need to organise yourself??

It's an extra one that looks for risk of Chromosomal Abnormality by measuring the presence of fluid on the back of the neck combined with a blood test http://www.merrionfetalhealth.ie/nuchal-fold-scan-dublin-2/

We had it done on our first and was great for providing that extra bit of peace of mind before we starting telling people more widely.

firebird84 wrote: »
    It's an extra one that looks for risk of Chromosomal Abnormality by measuring the presence of fluid on the back of the neck combined with a blood test http://www.merrionfetalhealth.ie/nuchal-fold-scan-dublin-2/

We had it done on our first and was great for providing that extra bit of peace of mind before we starting telling people more widely.

Great, thank you for the info.

For anyone in Dublin I heard the Evie clinic is offering free early viability scans between 7-12 weeks. I have my booking appointment next week but am half tempted, lol! Seen a few other September mums posting about it on another board.

http://evie.ie/ (FREE EARLY VIABILITY SCAN - Evie is offering Early viability scans to all mums to be within 7-12 weeks for free. Simply provide your details below and we will get in touch.)

Kathy22 wrote: »
    Fintan85 agree could be round ligament pain, the hormones in your body can cause your tissue to loosen and stretch and can cause this pain. Say it to your midwife/doctor at your booking appointment and sign up for physio early. Not sure if you are public or private but I know physio in the Rotunda had a long waiting list.

I developed sciatica around 36 weeks pregnant which gradually got worse. I left it and then after I gave birth it got worse and I couldn't walk. Ended up on crutches for 3 weeks. I was in a bad way so got an emergency appointment with physio. I am determined this time that if I notice even a hint of a niggle I am going to book in. Last thing you need to be dealing with along with everything else. I brought out my trusty pregnancy pillow last night and have to say it helped and I am not as stiff this morning.

Still smothered here. Not sure if its a sinus infection or a bad cold. Woke up yesterday feeling like I had been punched in the face. I also seem to have pulled a muscle in my back so am like an old lady getting up and down.

Nausea has died down and my appetite is back to normal. Still end up starving by morning. Really need to be careful what i eat as I got too comfy last time and hated the extra weight gain!

Thanks for the info, Iv an appointment with my doctor Wednesday, so hoping she will help me out!! I have problems with my hips anyways so I'm presuming it is all connected! Not in hospital until march 1st but don't think I can wait that long

Can I ask where did you get your pregnancy pillow?? I'm debating getting one

• Advertisement

Oh def get a pregnancy pillow, they are worth it. I have a very basic one from Argos, think this is it.

Lot's of people swear by the dream genie pillow but tbh I could find better ways to spend €60 and the one I got did the job perfectly. Towards the end its great for keeping you lying on the left side which is recommended and for taking the pressure off the pump. I used to also put a regular pillow behind me to stop me rolling.

Anyone struggling sleep wise? I am waking around 4/5 nearly every morning and very restless when trying to get to sleep also. Im not sure if its the missed sleep or the pregnancy or both but Im exhausted the last week or so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Nessel

Anyone struggling sleep wise? I am waking around 4/5 nearly every morning and very restless when trying to get to sleep also. Im not sure if its the missed sleep or the pregnancy or both but Im exhausted the last week or so!

No issues sleeping. More trying to get used to sleeping on my side which is annoying at times. And then the husband says I've slept more on my back anyway haha. I am however tired a lot. Feel like I could nap any time of the day.

Phew, I thought I was alone, I rarely sleep the whole night, I wake about 2-3 times and always wake about 4-5clock.. i usually get up for work at half 6 but my then I am wrecked and would love to sleep in
    I am wrecked every afternoon and evening, I find if I sit at all I will fall into a deep sleep on the couch!! Hoping once I reach 12weeks this will pass!!

Glad its not just me! I feel like I have zero energy to do anything alot of days and just wish to be back in my pyjamas and bed! On the plus side most other symptoms have subsided a good bit which is great.

• Advertisement

Glad its not just me! I feel like I have zero energy to do anything alot of days and just wish to be back in my pyjamas and bed! On the plus side most other symptoms have subsided a good bit which is great.

Well in all honesty, I am in my pyjamas the second I get home! I just need comfort immediately!
    I was at my doctor yesterday over my back pain and asked about my constant tiredness and lack of energy, she told me if i am that tired then go with it and sleep!! Take the naps and let my body recharge that it is all hormone related!! I find at work I struggle to stop yawning..

I've been lucky in terms of morning sickness so far - only had nausea, until today. Got hit with a bang today. Not fun.

Hope you feel a little better Naid23, morning sickness is not fun. I was very lucky on my last pregnancy didn't have it at all. This time I had bad nausea and food aversions but again no major sickness. 12 weeks tomorrow so I am assuming I have avoided it.

Any 2nd timers showing a mini bump? I feel like i have gotten a little pot belly and when wearing high waisted skirts or dresses it is noticeable (to me anyway) :( I am still in my jeans though thank God, not willing to bring out the maternity clothes just yet although I did order some new (roomy) PJs off H&M as like you Fintan I am straight into them and my dressing gown the minute I am in the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

I'll be 10 weeks this Sunday and I just can't stop eating. I got up at 2am for a sausage sandwich and big bowl of cornflakes and was famished again getting up at 8am. Weight is actually a little down though so I dunno where it's all going.

Hope you're all well ladies :)

Kathy22 wrote: »
    Hope you feel a little better Naid23, morning sickness is not fun. I was very lucky on my last pregnancy didn't have it at all. This time I had bad nausea and food aversions but again no major sickness. 12 weeks tomorrow so I am assuming I have avoided it.

Any 2nd timers showing a mini bump? I feel like i have gotten a little pot belly and when wearing high waisted skirts or dresses it is noticeable (to me anyway) :( I am still in my jeans though thank God, not willing to bring out the maternity clothes just yet although I did order some new (roomy) PJs off H&M as like you Fintan I am straight into them and my dressing gown the minute I am in the door.

*puts hand up*

10 weeks today and definitely a teeny bump visible. Particularly when I have a full bladder (sorry if TMI). I'm also fairly bloated generally and have been eating a lot.

I feel massive but I weighed myself out of curiosity and I'm only about 4 pounds heavier than my 1st GP appointment which to be fair I know depending on when I weigh myself I can be this heavy anyway. Bit of a relief though! I was getting worried I had gained loads and would need to be a bit more careful with the diet. My tummy is definitely rounder though. I think I made it to 25 weeks last time in my own clothes. I doubt i'll make it to 16 weeks this time!

My bag of maternity clothes is coming out of the attic this weekend, need those sweet elastic under bump jeans.

So who has passed the 12 weeks mark now?

I cant wait, I'm almost 11 and just want to be get to that milestone and be able to tell everyone. I feel like ive been keeping this a secret for about a year and its only been afew weeks!

So who has passed the 12 weeks mark now?

I cant wait, I'm almost 11 and just want to be get to that milestone and be able to tell everyone. I feel like ive been keeping this a secret for about a year and its only been afew weeks!

I am only 10 weeks today and my god it feels like 10months!! I haven't even told my sister yet and she will kill me for not telling her!! I'm debating waiting to 16weeke tho before I tell all my friends

Just reached 12 weeks today and I'm due September 1st so i guess I'm one of the first.

Have my dating scan on Tuesday. Will probably hold out until 14 weeks to tell moat people. However am meeting close friends tomorrow for lunch and can't decide to tell or not. We had a scan at 8 weeks so not our first scan but still feels too early.

We told family after our last scan. Feel like I've been pregnant for an eternity. Found out before Christmas and that feels like it was a lifetime ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement