Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

September 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fuisce2

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    This is my first so unfortunately no big bag to pull from anywhere. Never thought I'd have to be buying stuff at this stage, thought that would be ages down the line but some clothes are just so uncomfortable now! Others are fine still.

Hiya! Sorry I was in hibernation / emotional recovery for a bit there :) Anyway, go on to donedeal or (if on facebook) zerowaste freecycle group. Both have maternity items. I managed to get 3 jeans, 3 tops, 1 jumper, 2 red herring dresses and 1 leggings for €50 on donedeal :)

NEXT has a 4 piece set of maternity items that I'm planning to pick up soon. I think it's a pair of high waisted leggings, a long line vest, t shirt and something else all for €40. It means you can layer up with regular clothes and it's all comfy and stretchy.

Had my scan today and all is well, got a little wave and everything. Very relieved!

Thats wonderful!

Nessel wrote: »
    Had a scan at the EPU. Everything okay

Hi Nessel, glad everything worked out for you hon. scary doesnt cover it eh? I truly can't wait to be outta the first trimester lol.

Everyone - I cant tell what weight ive put on from baby tbh because i put on weight over christmas anyway so....yeah no idea. My chirstmas baby and actual baby are probably engaged in some epic weight-off haha. im STARVING all the time but between the nausea and bloating not actually eating that much. Kind of like a craving I can never satisfy! Has anyone else found (suddenly) that wheat / milk causes *ahem* gas / bloating? (sorry if tmi ladies). None of my trousers now fit, not even with the hair tie trick. I thought I was supposed to have a 'neat' bump if it's my first? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

fuisce2 wrote: »
    Hi Nessel, glad everything worked out for you hon. scary doesnt cover it eh? I truly can't wait to be outta the first trimester lol.

Everyone - I cant tell what weight ive put on from baby tbh because i put on weight over christmas anyway so....yeah no idea. My chirstmas baby and actual baby are probably engaged in some epic weight-off haha. im STARVING all the time but between the nausea and bloating not actually eating that much. Kind of like a craving I can never satisfy! Has anyone else found (suddenly) that wheat / milk causes *ahem* gas / bloating? (sorry if tmi ladies). None of my trousers now fit, not even with the hair tie trick. I thought I was supposed to have a 'neat' bump if it's my first? :p

I’m in the exact same boat as you. We bought our first house last summer and had to do a fair whack on renovation work so there was a lot of eating on the go and not eating very well so we had both started that body coach plan at christmas (right out the window for me now)

I find that i feel most nausous when i’m hungry even slightly. You may have had a slight lactose intolerance before beong pregnant and didnt realise it. I’ve been intolerant for a couple of years now but could have small amounts of normal milk- thats completely gone now so i feel your pain. Its very uncomfortable.
    Hot waterbottle helps me a lot so try that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yes!Sorry, jumping in from the may thread.It,'s my third, full fat milk has had to go off the menu-causes desperate nausea and heartburn.And always have serious bloating and gas at anything involving bread or bread rolls etc, but it's totally aggravated in pregnancy, specially this one.I just have to adjust my diet each time but particularly on this one- tiny breakfast, no sandwiches or carb stuff at lunch, sticking to wraps, crackers, maybe a couple slices of proper brown bread.Have had to give up on tea most of the day at work.(I take milk in my tea).Neither child has had dairy allergies but definitely took a bit longer to be able to comfortably digest yoghurts, cow's milk etc. particularly our first child.I'm hoping this baby doesn't come out with lactose or dairy intolerances, although I know it probably has no link.Surprised by the severity of it this time round though.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fintan85

Ladies, any recommendations on pregnancy pillows!! Seen loads of reviews for the mother one, but it's €56!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Just received a letter from the hospital to say I'm on the waiting list for an appointment, so so so happy :D

Just received a letter from the hospital to say I'm on the waiting list for an appointment, so so so happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭babymakesthree

Hi Purple Lemons, I meant to reply to your last post. I’m going to Tralee too, I’m 10+2 and I got my registration confirmation letter at about 6 weeks (2 weeks after go visit). I’m wondering when I’ll get my booking appt at UHK and scan. I know the letter I got is basically letting me know I’m in the system and not to be bothering them but I’d like to know if it’s going to be closer to 12weeks or 16 as I’d probably get another private scan in the meantime if not for another while.
    How many week are you now? How long is there now between receiving your letter and the actual scan date? Thanks, it’s great to have someone else going to the same hospital who I can hound for info!

Hi Purple Lemons, I meant to reply to your last post. I’m going to Tralee too, I’m 10+2 and I got my registration confirmation letter at about 6 weeks (2 weeks after go visit). I’m wondering when I’ll get my booking appt at UHK and scan. I know the letter I got is basically letting me know I’m in the system and not to be bothering them but I’d like to know if it’s going to be closer to 12weeks or 16 as I’d probably get another private scan in the meantime if not for another while.
    How many week are you now? How long is there now between receiving your letter and the actual scan date? Thanks, it’s great to have someone else going to the same hospital who I can hound for info!

I'm afraid I really don't have a clue. I'm 11+1 today and I went to my gp exactly 2 weeks to the day too. Hopefully another week or two and we'll get an appointment. I've a friend heading to uhk too and she has the exact same due date as me, she has an appointment for March 1st but I'm not sure when she went to her doctor to book in. Great to have someone in the same boat so to speak, I had my little girl there 19 months ago too have you had a child there previously and if you did how did you find them? Hope you get an appointment soon anyway and don't have to book a private! I didn't get a scan til 17+3 last time so anything earlier than that this time will be fine by me :pac:

• Advertisement

I think I’ll ring after lunch to see how it all works. I was there in 2013 with my first and had a scan at 12weeks. I’d really hope not to be waiting til 17 weeks for booking appt. I’m not high risk or anything but I’m more anxious and the time is going more slowly this time around.....

I think I’ll ring after lunch to see how it all works. I was there in 2013 with my first and had a scan at 12weeks. I’d really hope not to be waiting til 17 weeks for booking appt. I’m not high risk or anything but I’m more anxious and the time is going more slowly this time around.....

Hey luvvie just to let you know I received my appointment this morning for the 8th, did you end up ringing them back yesterday to find out yourself?

Hey luvvie just to let you know I received my appointment this morning for the 8th, did you end up ringing them back yesterday to find out yourself?

Hiya, yeah I did. I called and left a vmail and they just called me back this morning (she was so lovely, I thought they might be a bit annoyed as it's not an urgent thing at all) anyway, I'm booked in for Fri 16th March. I'll be just shy of 13 weeks then so I'm delighted, very relieved! I think I'll be under Dr. Hughes

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Have my 12 week scan Thurs - verrrrry excited!!!! Hope everyone who had theirs so far went well x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Nessel

Have my 12 week scan Thurs - verrrrry excited!!!! Hope everyone who had theirs so far went well x

Good luck ^_^

I'm in Thursday too!! Longest week ever tho

Good luck to you too fintan85 :)

So exciting to finally be hitting 12 weeks and scan dates etc. Good luck on Thurs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭firebird84

I'm also hitting 12 weeks on Friday but my scan has been rescheduled to Monday from tomorrow with the bad weather. Oh well, what can you do.

• Advertisement

Ladies just out of curiosity, when are all your due dates? :)

Mine is 13th September 2018.

firebird84 wrote: »
    I'm also hitting 12 weeks on Friday but my scan has been rescheduled to Monday from tomorrow with the bad weather. Oh well, what can you do.

Praying mine isn't rescheduled.. I presume i would of been contacted before now if there were to cancel tomorrow's

At least you won’t be worried about getting there and home again Firebird!

I bought a home Doppler a few weeks ago and didn’t really have any notion of finding anything for another while but I chanced it and I heard the heartbeat. It was definitely the baby, like a tiny train! I know they divide opinion but does anyone else have one?
    Between that and my nausea/ exhaustion/ headaches return8ng with a bang I’m feeling very reassured that all is well

Nessel my due date is 22nd Sept

Ladies just out of curiosity, when are all your due dates? :)

Mine is 13th September 2018.

By my own calculations I'm 14th September

I'm 13th Sept also Nessel! But may all change with scan, if it goes ahead tomorrow (hopefully!!)

Mine is 26th Sep. Day before my mams birthday :-)

• Advertisement

I'm 13th Sept also Nessel! But may all change with scan, if it goes ahead tomorrow (hopefully!!)

My first scan it showed it would be 3 days later and the last one it showed 3 days earlier than the due date. But they wanted to stick with the 13th anyway. Sure they show up when they do anyway :) (will keep my fingers crossed for you!)

My first scan it showed it would be 3 days later and the last one it showed 3 days earlier than the due date. But they wanted to stick with the 13th anyway. Sure they show up when they do anyway :) (will keep my fingers crossed for you!)

Exactly! We all have these magic dates in our heads but god knows how many, if any, decide to make an appearance on that day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Due the 1st of September, almost at the 14 week mark and into the 2nd trimester. Tiredness has eased off this week, finally. Nausea calmed down also. Looking forward to feeling more normal and getting more of a bump than podge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭firebird84

I'm also September 14th, for now!

September 16th here so far anyway. That will possibly change next Thursday when I get scanned :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 mjj

Thought due date was 1st September but at my 12 week scan they said I was only 9 weeks so due date now 22nd September. Have another scan Wednesday week so we’ll see what they say then!

Im due 21st sept but will find out if i have it wrong on the 9th of this month when i get my 12 week scan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BB2011

I'm September 7th. Had my 12 week scan during the week and all looks good so I'm delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭loalae

I'm due 23rd September and have my first scan on the 9th March. I'm in London and I have to say that the NHS maternity services are so fantastic! The info on the website is extensive and there is so much support available.

I've been feeling really low (first ever problem with mental health) and I've been given so much support it's great.

Miss living in Ireland though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

loalae wrote: »
    I'm due 23rd September and have my first scan on the 9th March. I'm in London and I have to say that the NHS maternity services are so fantastic! The info on the website is extensive and there is so much support available.

I've been feeling really low (first ever problem with mental health) and I've been given so much support it's great.

Miss living in Ireland though.

I've had 2 in London (at the Whittington). If there's anything I can help with give me a shout.

Ladies very random question
    I'm taking pregnacare tablets (2 tablets daily) usually with dinner or just after but I get unbelievably nauseous after dinner An wondering is it linked!!

fintan85 wrote: »
    I'm taking pregnacare tablets (2 tablets daily) usually with dinner or just after but I get unbelievably nauseous after dinner An wondering is it linked!!

Is it not supposed to be one a day? I have pregnacare ones and it says one a day.

On a snow note, Finally managed to get to dunnes today, have had bad cravings for Orange juice since thursday and the shop behind us (fair play for them being open) ran out.
    I’m made end up drinking a few litres of it today :-)

Never wanted something so bad in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Yes they are known for causing nausea.

Naid23 wrote: »
    Is it not supposed to be one a day? I have pregnacare ones and it says one a day.

On a snow note, Finally managed to get to dunnes today, have had bad cravings for Orange juice since thursday and the shop behind us (fair play for them being open) ran out.

The ones my doctor recommended are two a day, think it's omega 3 and then a folic acid one! This sickness craic is driving me mad!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

The ones my doctor recommended are two a day, think it's omega 3 and then a folic acid one! This sickness craic is driving me mad!!

I had the same problem. I stopped taking them and switched to folic acid tablets. Clonfolic or beeline were the two makes I took. I started taking the pregnacare again when I was in the second trimester and they didn’t have the same affect.

• Advertisement

bee06 wrote: »
    I had the same problem. I stopped taking them and switched to folic acid tablets. Clonfolic or beeline were the two makes I took. I started taking the pregnacare again when I was in the second trimester and they didn’t have the same affect.

Thanks I must run it past my doc!! I'm perfectly fine until I eat and take them!! Just 12weeks so I'm hoping it will all ease soon

Naid23 wrote: »

Same here, craving OJ! Been adding sparkling water too.

Finally hit the 12 week mark today :D

Dreamt of twins again last night, scary enough to be classed as a nightmare I think so I've been up since 5am again. Thank god bedtime is over and done with and I get to sip my apple juice in peace without having to share :pac:

It's finally scan day!!!
    Couldn't sleep last night with anticipation!! Attempting to work from home this morning for a few hours but zero interest!!

Let us know how you get on fintan, hope all goes well! Mine is this evening also, very excited and also nervous! Cant wait to let this secret out all going well!

Let us know how you get on fintan, hope all goes well! Mine is this evening also, very excited and also nervous! Cant wait to let this secret out all going well!

It's at 2:30 and my god is the morning dragging!!
    Iv only told parents so far but last night I told my sister, and she replies oh I guessed it anyways!! Such a let down I could a killed her!

Best of luck to you both today, I hope ye get some lovely photos of the wee chicken dippers hiding in yer tummies :D

Best of luck to you both today, I hope ye get some lovely photos of the wee chicken dippers hiding in yer tummies :D

Purple lemons your so funny, I died laughing even more so cause I'm currently calling it "nugget"

Thanks for the giggles

Mmmmm chicken dippers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dottybows

September 16th here so far anyway. That will possibly change next Thursday when I get scanned :)

That's my due date too!!!! Already have a 3yo girl (4in may)

Advertisement