Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

September 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

dottybows wrote: »
    That's my due date too!!!! Already have a 3yo girl (4in may)

Ah great, a bump buddy! :D

I've a 19 month old girl too, poor pet has no idea what's coming haha :pac:

How are you finding it this time around? Have you had your scan yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭firebird84

Had my nuchal fold scan yesterday and came back with a really low risk result so happy with that.

Starting telling work when I got in and they were very nice about it, lots of congrats and hugs yesterday :)

Now just have to tell my granny!

firebird84 wrote: »
    Had my nuchal fold scan yesterday and came back with a really low risk result so happy with that.

Starting telling work when I got in and they were very nice about it, lots of congrats and hugs yesterday :)

Now just have to tell my granny!

That must be a great relief for you :)

I haven't told anyone at all yet except my partner obviously but really nervous to in case someone says something negative. I'm worried our parents will think we should have waited and all that etc

That must be a great relief for you :)

I haven't told anyone at all yet except my partner obviously but really nervous to in case someone says something negative. I'm worried our parents will think we should have waited and all that etc

If anyone says anything negative to a pregnancy announcement that says much more about them than it does about you. What difference will another few months or a year really make in the long run, plus closer in age means they can play together more easily when they are older :D

I know I'm just being paranoid, i'll blame the hormones :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Sorry i wasnt on on Monday or yesterday, thankfully the scan on Monday went great. Everything looking as it should and baby moving around, it was amazing to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Had my booking appointment with the midwife this morning. She was lovely but didnt go to plan.

She tried but couldnt get enough blood from me for the tests needed so will have to get it done in the Coombe next week. And then I passed out as she finished the bloods. So great morning :D:D

I've always had problems with giving blood so wasnt entirely shocked but the passing out was new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Nessel

I had my booking appointment this morning too. And then the fire alarm went off twice and we actually had to evacuate haha.

They didn't do the scan though :( because "I have my private scan on Monday".
    I was really hoping on the scan so I could see if the little one would be okay and all.

So I'll have to wait until Monday to see it! but oh well.

Ah thats a pity Nessel, probably should have said nothing! I dont see what difference it makes to them though whether or not you are getting a private one.

I know in my hospital regardless of whether or not you've had a private scan they will still scan you as the date they give you is the due date they give you is the date the go by. So will your due date just remain as is until your first hospital scan?

Nessel wrote: »
    I had my booking appointment this morning too. And then the fire alarm went off twice and we actually had to evacuate haha.

They didn't do the scan though :( because "I have my private scan on Monday".
    I was really hoping on the scan so I could see if the little one would be okay and all.

So I'll have to wait until Monday to see it! but oh well.

Are scans not standard practice at the booking in around 12 weeks to date the pregnancy?

I've mine in the morning and just assumed I'd be doing weight, bloods and urine sample with midwife then onto the scan like my last pregnancy

• Advertisement

I know! But they asked about my private scans and me and my enthusiasm just can't shut it as I don't have many outlets to talk about this pregnancy yet haha.

I know why, they had double bookings due to the snow last week so they were very busy and figured this might save them some time. Oh well nothing I can do I suppose.

My due date will remain the same. The last one they saw changed from the 13th to the 11th. But I'll stick with the 13th for now as it's only a few days. We'll see on Monday how it's growing and if that date stands.

Are scans not standard practice at the booking in around 12 weeks to date the pregnancy?

I've mine in the morning and just assumed I'd be doing weight, bloods and urine sample with midwife then onto the scan like my last pregnancy

They should be. I was expecting one.

Even afew days feels like an eternity waiting for these scans! My due was 13th but at the scan on Monday she gave me a new official due date of 11th!

Hopefully the rest of the week goes quickly for you and Monday comes around before you know it. Look on the bright side you'll be closer to 14 weeks by then so the scan will be even clearer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

So my wife had her scan today and they have said there is an unusual "thickness" at the back of the babies neck. Her mind is now racing and assuming the worst, we're in for a horrible few weeks.

They should be. I was expecting one.

That's bloody unfair, you poor darling!

So my wife had her scan today and they have said there is an unusual "thickness" at the back of the babies neck. Her mind is now racing and assuming the worst, we're in for a horrible few weeks.

Was this a 12 week scan RocketRacoon?

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    Was this a 12 week scan RocketRacoon?

It was indeed, she's 13 weeks tomorrow. So she's back in next week for a blood test which will be sent to England to check for any abnormalities, DS etc. We should have the results in 2 weeks.

I'm sorry to hear that RocketRaccoon.
    Hope all will turn out well for you guys. Will keep my fingers crossed.

I'm sorry to hear that RocketRaccoon.
    Hope all will turn out well for you guys. Will keep my fingers crossed.

The consultant explained certain things and said everything looks "normal" apart from the fluid in the neck. From googling (which of course you should never do) there seems to be an awful lot of women who have worried about this only for nothing to come of it bar a healthy baby, usually a boy. So I'm just focused on finally having a son to combat the current all female house I have😁

It was indeed, she's 13 weeks tomorrow. So she's back in next week for a blood test which will be sent to England to check for any abnormalities, DS etc. We should have the results in 2 weeks.

I'm sorry to hear that RR, hopefully you can both comfort each other through the worrying over the next 2 weeks. Keeping everything crossed here for you both for good news.

• Advertisement

Thats tough on ye, I didnt actually realise they could spot anything like that in that scan, didnt think they even looked to be honest.

The wait will be a long one but fingers a toes crossed for you both that this is just one of the many worries along the way that turn out to be all ok.

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    Thats tough on ye, I didnt actually realise they could spot anything like that in that scan, didnt think they even looked to be honest.

The wait will be a long one but fingers a toes crossed for you both that this is just one of the many worries along the way that turn out to be all ok.

Either did I until today, it wasn't mentioned on any scans for 2 previous kids.

Sorry to hear that RocketRaccoon, fingers crossed it will all turn out fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭babymakesthree

Hope you get good news in 2 weeks RocketRaccoon!

Had my scan this morning, everything looking OK and dates are still the same. Seeing the little baba wave was genuinely astonishing :D

Now to let the families know >.<

Had my scan this morning, everything looking OK and dates are still the same. Seeing the little baba wave was genuinely astonishing :D

Now to let the families know >.<

Enjoy telling everyone ^_^
    We've started to slowly tell people as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fintan85

i had my scan monday and nugget was upside down and refused to turn, no matter what we did it wasnt budgeing.. the songrapher was so nice, i must of been 30minutes if  not longer in there.. got some lovely images tho..
    told both families, but i still dont feel like telling everyone else just yet, im thinking of eaiting till the end of march to announce it all.. i like haven it to myself for the time been

my hips are playing holy hell tho, in a great deal of pain with them both, im back to hosiptal on tuesday to meet the conslutant and to get bloods etc done so hopefully they will have some answers then for me

I've told a lot of people, I even told the girls at the creche yesterday :D

I've started to let is leak out alright too! I love telling people and not having it a secret anymore! People are genuinely so happy for you its lovely.

Im feeling good this week, hopefully a sign of things to continue for afew weeks at least. Main issue is still not sleeping great, I'm sleeping so lightly for some reason and most nights its not because im uncomfortable or anything, just wake up alot!

• Advertisement

Anyone else having really vivid dreams lately? I've always had mad dreams but the last few weeks they are getting scarily real like.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BB2011

Naid23 wrote: »
    Anyone else having really vivid dreams lately? I've always had mad dreams but the last few weeks they are getting scarily real like.

I have really strange dreams. Last night i dreamt that there were 5 or 6 hedgehogs in someones house and one of them kept following me looking for a rub haha! And I remember I was realy confused because it was the middle of the day and that the hedgehogs should be asleep. So strange....

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭loalae

Yeah have been having lots of weird dreams too - mostly in relation to urine for some reason!

Had my scan today - new due date is the 20th September.

BB2011 wrote: »
    I have really strange dreams. Last night i dreamt that there were 5 or 6 hedgehogs in someones house and one of them kept following me looking for a rub haha! And I remember I was realy confused because it was the middle of the day and that the hedgehogs should be asleep. So strange....

I woke up last week in the middle of the night, woke my boyfriend up and asked him why the army had their helicopter hoovering right outside our bedroom window for the last while.. and then I argued that it was def there when he said there wasnt one. :D:D

He's always known that i'm odd but i think that took it to a new level hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fuisce2

Ladies (& gent), i've just been giggling away to myself here, catching up on all your news. Chicken dippers? helicopter? haha!

Thrilled for everyone reaching the 12weeks / having scans :) we had ours last friday, it was so different to the last time..in part obviously stress related (or lack of stress) but also because baba looked like a baba! and he/she was having a great time kicking and moving arms and turning around, all go he/she was! I've told everyone in the world except for one of the most important - my youngest sister. She has special needs and would have told the entire universe if we'd told her before now haha! Going to tell her this weekend at a special family dinner in the house. We've decided we're all going to start calling her 'AUNTIE' and see what happens. It might seem a little mean but she's pretty smart so I'm sure she'll get a great kick out of the whole thing :-) She's the person I most want to tell, funny eh?

How about ye ladies & gents - anyone in particular you're dying to tell / trick? :)

RR - it'd be easy to say try not to think about it but that's useless really so i guess try not to think about it too much? Btw, may I ask was your wife getting the Harmony test? We're looking into it at the minute. Best of luck though, I've my fingers and toes crossed for ye.

Told our friends. Told the in-laws today. But their response was, ah sure I already thought you were!
    I have no idea how.
    My brother in law said he already questioned the amounts of pears going into the house haha.
    And my mother in law is already saying it's a girl and told me it has to have red hair haha.

I can't wait to tell my mom. She's recovering from a surgery, it's almost her birthday and this will make her so happy. (My dad would be too of course).

Dreams wise I only had two dreams I'd have a boy and one where everything around me was floating.

I'm having my private scan tomorrow after they wouldn't do one at the booking appointment. I'll be 13+5 weeks then so hope everything is okay.
    I find myself questioning everything right now, just out of worry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

They really should have scanned at that appointment Nessel.I am not one for getting into rows or complaining or anything, but I think I'd lodge a bit of a complaint at that.Private scan doesn't matter, they won't see the results of that will they?Surely the hospital would want a record on file.Seems kind of......negligent.For want of a better word.

fuisce2 wrote: »
    RR - it'd be easy to say try not to think about it but that's useless really so i guess try not to think about it too much? Btw, may I ask was your wife getting the Harmony test? We're looking into it at the minute. Best of luck though, I've my fingers and toes crossed for ye.

Ya that's what we are going in for tomorrow. They're taking the blood and sending it off to England, we've a follow up appointment next week so hopefully the results are back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Best of luck RocketRaccon, the waiting game is always the bloody hardest. Fingers crossed all is good with your little baby.

Nessel hope the scan goes well, agree really bad practice of that place not to scan you at your appointment, tbh they shouldn't be relying on somewhere else to do their job for them.

Anyone having skin issues? I was similar in my last pregnancy, how my body reacts to the hormones according to my consultant. My skin is really dry even in patches on my face which I never get. I am so itchy on my legs and back and especially in the evenings which drives me mad. Have loads of new skin tags as well popping up on my back and chest. Oh the joys :(

I hate complaining about pregnancy as I know how damn lucky we are but yeah I have. Heading to London today with work for the night, feel so emotional leaving my little guy. I am so much more emotional these days.

Todays scan went well. Everything looks good and I'm still okay to fly this Friday and our summer holiday (france and NL by car/boat) looks to be OK too.
    So nice to see the little one grow! It's right on schedule, due date is still the 13th of September :)

Todays scan went well. Everything looks good and I'm still okay to fly this Friday and our summer holiday (france and NL by car/boat) looks to be OK too.
    So nice to see the little one grow! It's right on schedule, due date is still the 13th of September :)

Thats great news. I have my scan tomorrow morning. Any advice on when to start drinking water? :D:D My sister says its best to start when I get booked in cause I'll prob be there a while:pac:

We are both really excited but I'm also very anxious because I have to get bloods done after, espec after passing out when the midwife tried them last week.

• Advertisement

I was seen quite fast and made sure I finished drinking water at least an hour before the appointment. I started on an empty bladder and I had enough in there by the time I was seen.

Didn't even feel I had to go to the toilet too much when I arrived so it wasn't to bad.

That's what I always try to do.
    Good luck! :)

Oh and try not to look when they do bloods. That might help. The nurse who took mine kept distracting me. I think to make sure that doesn't happen.

I was seen quite fast and made sure I finished drinking water at least an hour before the appointment. I started on an empty bladder and I had enough in there by the time I was seen.

Didn't even feel I had to go to the toilet too much when I arrived so it wasn't to bad.

That's what I always try to do.
    Good luck! :)

Thank you. I'll try that so. Do you mind me asking what hosp you went to?

Thank you. I'll try that so. Do you mind me asking what hosp you went to?

University hospital Waterford for the booking appointment. And I'm seeing Dr E. O'Donnell privately.

And if you need to go empty only a little, like a cups worth.

Thats great news. I have my scan tomorrow morning. Any advice on when to start drinking water? :D:D My sister says its best to start when I get booked in cause I'll prob be there a while:pac:

I was seen 10 mins after my scheduled appointment time so you wont necessarily be waiting long, depends on hospital I suppose.

I emptied my bladder about 1 hr 45 mins before appointment and drank about 1.5 bottles of water (500ml I think?) and my she said my bladder was full to the brim. Its so hard to know how to get it right as if you are bursting bursting it can be quite uncomfortable during the scan as they are obviously pressing down on your abdomen.

I only had a small 250ml water and then went to do a urine sample beforehand and I was still full enough for good imaging if that's any help.

I hit 13w over the weekend and I can feel I have BUNDLES more energy. I spent the last 4 weeks crying (literally) for naps and I haven't wanted one in the past 2 days. I've done so much cleaning and dancing with herself today I'd say I deserve chocolate cake for my lunch :cool:

I only had a small 250ml water and then went to do a urine sample beforehand and I was still full enough for good imaging if that's any help.

I hit 13w over the weekend and I can feel I have BUNDLES more energy. I spent the last 4 weeks crying (literally) for naps and I haven't wanted one in the past 2 days. I've done so much cleaning and dancing with herself today I'd say I deserve chocolate cake for my lunch :cool:

Oh I'm jealous Purple Lemons!! I'm 13w 4d and still has tired as ever
    I cannot wait to come home from work so I can sleep! By mid afternoon most days of sleep at my desk
    Hoping it passes soon

My energy levels are definitely up thankgod! Still get fairly tired if I push myself too far but have gotten more house work done in the last week than I did since finding out I was pregnant! Great feeling to be getting the house organised and into shape again! Himself tried to keep up with the housework but god love him he just doesn't do it to the same standard!

I definitely think this is the period to be getting as much done with the house as possible and getting as organised as we can! Early days obviously but im sure by the time the third trimester comes round we'll be waddling around with everything being an effort?!

My bump has well and truly made an appearance over the last few days, no more hiding it!

Who's wearing maternity jeans already?
    I find that my own jeans are so uncomfortable and pressing into my stomach so I started wearing the jeans. I don't care if it's early but it's so much more comfortable.

The hubby said I'm definitely getting a small bump already. It's starting to grow out now. I may regret these words later on in the pregnancy, but I can't wait to get an actual decent bump :)

Who's wearing maternity jeans already?
    I find that my own jeans are so uncomfortable and pressing into my stomach so I started wearing the jeans. I don't care if it's early but it's so much more comfortable.

The hubby said I'm definitely getting a small bump already. It's starting to grow out now. I may regret these words later on in the pregnancy, but I can't wait to get an actual decent bump :)

I'm with you on the jeans..my own just feel very uncomfortable!
    I bought maternity jeans in new look, there not bad

And yes totally.. I'd prefer a bump bump than just feeling round!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭babymakesthree

Yep, right there with you on the maternity wear! My regular jeans will go on but sitting in them is really uncomfortable, bought some maternity leggings just for home today and they’re overbump so massive really but so comfy! Little bump is starting to show without a doubt but I’m carrying a few extra pounds around my middle and it just looks like a swollen paunch, bring on the bump!
    I think I’ll have to invest in some more maternity jeans, do you prefer under or over bump? I think I found over bump better last time but I didn’t buy maternity jeans then. Where does a good fit?

• Advertisement
Advertisement