Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

September 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Nessel

I do like over the bump at the moment. Comfy and warm and since they're lower cut jeans than what I had I'm not walking around with a builders cleavage or at least not when sitting down lol.

Maybe in the summer I'd rather keep the fabric off the bump but we'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭firebird84

I bought two pairs of mat jeans at the weekend, I had a few from last time but some are totally stretched out and some are the wrong style now. I got a lovely pair in H&M and they had a sign up to get 25% off one item if you signed up to their newsletter by text so that was grand!

Also have a bit of a bump but I just look like I've eaten a very big dinner according to my aunty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Scan this morning. Everything as it should be and due date moved 2 days earlier to the 24th Sep.
    Blueberry was a little wriggler - loads of movement.

Still cant believe that theres a baby in my belly :D:D Made it all very real today.
    Bloods done and she got it in one go so delighted with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Hi girls- I posted this in August thread already as I'm kinda between August & Sept as my EDD is 28th August ;) hope that is ok?

I finally feel confident enough to post now after having gone for our 2nd scan last Monday as it looked like I had a 'vanishing twin' at our first scan but the lady couldn't tell for sure so we had to go back last Monday. It was quite amazing to see how much more the baby grew since 1st scan! I have another sac but it is empty and the lady said it was probably a twins pregnancy initially but it stopped developing at some stage :)

My EDD is 28th August so it could be either an August or September baby! ;) We're hoping for August though as its both our birthdays but as long as the baby come into the world all well we'll be happy :) I will probably be posting in here and in Aug thread too ;)

The bump craic is a bit annoying as it just feels like fat flab at moment and before I got pregnant I lost over 30lbs so I'm a bit weary about gaining weight or looking chubby but I started to accept it more last week ;) My favourite jeans are def getting uncomfortable so I went to New Look for maternity jeans but I didn't like it as it felt baggy at asss/crotch so will try a size smaller and see if it is any better this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭babymakesthree

Naid23 that’s great the bloods are over and done with, great to hear all is well, I feel the same about the thoughts of a little plum growing in there wriggling about

Hi DisneyDiva, welcome and congratulations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Welcome Disneydiva, I'm due 15th/16th Sept but I'll more than likely have to have a section last week of August so we might be close in dates :)

I meant to ask you Purple Lemons, did they mention anything about 20 week scan at your hospital appt?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

I meant to ask you Purple Lemons, did they mention anything about 20 week scan at your hospital appt?

They booked me in for my 20 weeks can before I left after my 12 week scan

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    They booked me in for my 20 weeks can before I left after my 12 week scan

Yep same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fintan85

I was up Tuesday for my bloods/urine check
    And the 50 million questions
    Doc referred me for physio due to my hip pain and hyper mobility! Got a call today to come up next Wednesday for physio I'm shocked it came so quick but delighted !!

That’s great, thanks Purple Lemons, I’m in there tmoro for my 12 week appt so hopefully I’ll also get a 20 week date. Are you in Kerry too Nessel? It’s so strange that there’s no consistency across the hospitals for scans

That’s great Fintan85, great to hear you’ll be seen quickly, sounds awful, especially at the prospect of having it for the rest of the pregnancy.

Lads I didn't even think about my next appointment really until it was mentioned here earlier. I just pulled out the sheet I was given and it says my next appointment is the 19th July making 31+4. I'm not worried or anything so I don't mind waiting if I have to but should I ring to see if this is a mistake seeing as you all got appointments for 20w

Lads I didn't even think about my next appointment really until it was mentioned here earlier. I just pulled out the sheet I was given and it says my next appointment is the 19th July making 31+4. I'm not worried or anything so I don't mind waiting if I have to but should I ring to see if this is a mistake seeing as you all got appointments for 20w

Damn. No it's probably not a mistake, it depends on the hospital whether you get a 20 week scan or not and I'd read that in Kerry there had been a big fundraising drive to get an extra scanning machine to offer a scan at 20 weeks but apparently they're still not offering them. I'll say it to them today but it's probably to do with understaffing. Gutted

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

You may want to get a 20 week one privately for peace of mind, as it is an anomaly scan.If the hospital don't offer it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I would have thought 20 week scan is one of most important appointments so I'd second going private or else asking if you could get it done in another hospital?

SO She told me they don’t have the resources to offer 20week scans but they do anomaly scans at 20 weeks if you have certain risk factors. I have 2 borderline things but not really. I asked them to check anyway and they’ll let me know. I’ll defintiley get a private one anyway for reassurance.

My appt went really well, very thorough and got a great look at the little kiwi! Its measuring a week ahead so my new due date is 15th Sept. Delighted!

Was killed with hip pain this morning that extended all the way round my front and along my groin!
    Ended up leavin work and going to the doctors, to ease my worry and to convince me the pain is all linked to my hips etc she did a heart beat check using the hand held Doppler!! Was such a relief hearing my nuggets heart going crazy, certainly gave me the reassurance I need for the long weekend ! Was amazing to hear the heart beat tho.

Also found out to I'm RH negative anyone else in this blood group

At least something good came of it Fintan, could doc help you out with the pain at all? Does anything help ease it like warm baths etc?

I’m blood type A-, scheduled for my anti D at 28 weeks in June

At least something good came of it Fintan, could doc help you out with the pain at all? Does anything help ease it like warm baths etc?

I’m blood type A-, scheduled for my anti D at 28 weeks in June

Unfortunately not, she said I could try paracetamol but that doesn't help and I'm not overly keen on taken pain relief when pregnant! As long as I know nugget is ok An this pain is ligament/hip related il just suck it up
    It's draining tho Iv just had a 2hr nap!
    I'm booked in for pregnancy physio on Wednesday so I'm hoping that helps and after that I'm thinking of trying acupuncture! I think my long weekend wil be spend housebound on it's the tv

Ya I got the letter to book in around 28weeks so il
    Ring Tuesday and make an appointment

• Advertisement

I’m the same, very reluctant to take pain relief if I can battle through, it’ll be a long road though, hope the physio and acupuncture help!

Just got a call from a midwife in the coombe. My tyrhoid tests came back as ‘a bit low’ so i need to go see the consultant on wednesday morning. :-(

Might have to go on medication for the rest of the pregnancy.

Has anyone heard anything back about their bloods such as cholesterol, iron levels etc? The routine sort of stuff? I had my booking appointment just over a month ago now but didn't hear anything on this so do you think can
    i assume allt hose levels are ok? Or might they tell me at my next appointment at 18 weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Has anyone heard anything back about their bloods such as cholesterol, iron levels etc? The routine sort of stuff? I had my booking appointment just over a month ago now but didn't hear anything on this so do you think can
    i assume allt hose levels are ok? Or might they tell me at my next appointment at 18 weeks?

If there’s an issue they’ll get into you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sweendog88

Hi all, new to this site and this thread.
    Just wondering if anyone has done a homebirth in Kildare area? If so, could they recommend a good midwife that is private ? HSW homebirth service from what I have researched can't be relied upon in that they cannot guarantee there will be enough midwives when you go into labour!

Have just had a 17week booking scan in Rotunda and all is well and midwife seemed fine with me suggesting homebirth although hesitated at first!
    thanks

I had my bloods done last Tuesday and by the Friday I had letter informing that I was rh negative so i think of anything was flagging in your bloods they'd ring or write to you
    Full blood analysis takes a few days but I'd presume no news is good news

fintan85 wrote: »
    I had my bloods done last Tuesday and by the Friday I had letter informing that I was rh negative so i think of anything was flagging in your bloods they'd ring or write to you
    Full blood analysis takes a few days but I'd presume no news is good news

Sorry should have mentioned I have heard from them alright that I too and RH neg so I suppose the rest must be ok if I've heard nothing. I know I've had some low and high levels for some routine things like cholesterol in the past so was kind of expecting being warned that it was high again but as you say no news is good news hopefully!!

Had my booking apt with the Rotunda last week, I have to go back tomorrow because one of the samples was mislabeled so have to do it again, oh well. All looks good with baby and we talked about preferred delivery method as I had an emergency section last time. I'll be going in for a planned section at 39 weeks, so weird to already have a provisional date in the calendar! Now just need to decide if we want to find out the gender at the big scan end of next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

We got our blood results back today, all clear and found out we're having a boy too. Over the moon!

We got our blood results back today, all clear and found out we're having a boy too. Over the moon!

Delighted for you both!

• Advertisement

Brilliant news!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Brilliant news. Hopefully your wife can relax a little bit now. :)

Fantastic news! What a relief, congratulations and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy!

Fantastic news! What a relief, congratulations and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy!

Fantastic news, congratulations :)

Down the coombe this morning for blood results and the consultant didnt show up. It was 2 and a half hours before the midwives/nurses noticed which was mad.

The doc I did go in to see was absolutely lovely and went through everything with us and didnt rush us at all.
    Did a quick scan again and blueberry was stretching their legs which was mad and so clear to see.
    Have to go on tablets for my thryoid l as a precaution more then a requirement and have to do blood thinner injections for the flights to america at the weekend. So productive appointment, but still here 4 hours later waiting on one last thing.

Naid23 wrote: »
    Down the coombe this morning for blood results and the consultant didnt show up. It was 2 and a half hours before the midwives/nurses noticed which was mad.

The doc I did go in to see was absolutely lovely and went through everything with us and didnt rush us at all.
    Did a quick scan again and blueberry was stretching their legs which was mad and so clear to see.
    Have to go on tablets for my thryoid l as a precaution more then a requirement and have to do blood thinner injections for the flights to america at the weekend. So productive appointment, but still here 4 hours later waiting on one last thing.

Hopefully you'll be seen soon, I know it's awful waiting around but at least once it's done and dusted you're all ready to get excited for your trip.

I think my little bump appeared overnight, might sound strange but I can't wait to have my big huge awkward bump again :pac:

Hopefully you'll be seen soon, I know it's awful waiting around but at least once it's done and dusted you're all ready to get excited for your trip.

I think my little bump appeared overnight, might sound strange but I can't wait to have my big huge awkward bump again :pac:

Finally got all sorted and home by 4pm. Long day but what can you do.
    Yeah, Can proper relax now for the holiday. Roll on Sunday. :D:D

Anyone experienced any issues with a clicking jaw in pregnancy or know if it's a common thing? Mine is clicking away like mad when I eat or yawn, not sore but just annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 BB2011

Not sure on the clicky jaw firebird. I think there's some hormone that allows ligaments and tendons to move and strech so there's room for baby to grow and that's why some people have pelvic pain so could be to do with that? I'm not sure though just guessing!
    Hope everyone is well, I'm 16w2d now. I wake up with a tiny bump and by bedtime it's massive! Can't wait for a proper bump I can dress properly. Just looking a bit round at the minute!
    I'll be glad of the brighter evenings, have no excuse now not to get out and bring the dog for a walk haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Lovelemons

Sorry should have mentioned I have heard from them alright that I too and RH neg so I suppose the rest must be ok if I've heard nothing. I know I've had some low and high levels for some routine things like cholesterol in the past so was kind of expecting being warned that it was high again but as you say no news is good news hopefully!!

Sorry to jump in I'm on Oct thread even tho due the end of Sept so said I might browse through here. Have an appointment this week and depending on due date from scan I might join ye all.
    The antenatal screening bloods don't check cholesterol at all. I got a printout of all my results and cholesterol isn't on there. It's only taken as a fasting bloods.

Lovelemons wrote: »
    Sorry to jump in I'm on Oct thread even tho due the end of Sept so said I might browse through here. Have an appointment this week and depending on due date from scan I might join ye all.
    The antenatal screening bloods don't check cholesterol at all. I got a printout of all my results and cholesterol isn't on there. It's only taken as a fasting bloods.

Ah, thanks Lovelemons, I was thinking it was all good news but never thought that they wouldnt check for that as hadn't been fasting!

Welcome to the Sept thread too!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Ah, thanks Lovelemons, I was thinking it was all good news but never thought that they wouldnt check for that as hadn't been fasting!

Welcome to the Sept thread too!

Meeee79 I remember my GP took my bloods on my last pregnancy, think it was when I had a Kidney infection and he checked everything, my cholesterol came back slightly elevated which I mentioned to my consultant. He said you should never check cholesterol in pregnant women as the results are always skewed and likely to be raised.

Kathy22 wrote: »
    Meeee79 I remember my GP took my bloods on my last pregnancy, think it was when I had a Kidney infection and he checked everything, my cholesterol came back slightly elevated which I mentioned to my consultant. He said you should never check cholesterol in pregnant women as the results are always skewed and likely to be raised.

Thanks Kathy, good to know.

They obviously know themselves whats important to check and when so I'll stop thinking about it now!

I was in the middle of telling a colleague at lunch the story of my first son's birth, where the anesthetic for my c section didn't fully work, and suddenly almost fainted with dizziness in front of her. That was weird/embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 fuisce2

Hi all!

Im noticing a common theme in baby nicknames (kiwi, nugget, blueberry)...does anyone have a non food related nickname? :) we alternate between bump, spud and bubs!

Alien and parasite from the hubby here haha.
    But it's becoming "my/our child" more and more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fuisce2

Nessel wrote: »

haha! i initially was saying succubus, but i mentioned it to a couple of friends and they were disgusted! like yourselves though, saying it less and less

fuisce2 wrote: »
    haha! i initially was saying succubus, but i mentioned it to a couple of friends and they were disgusted! like yourselves though, saying it less and less

People can think what they want. I thought it was funny and kind of true because it looks so strange early on and it steals the energy that early on as well :D
    It doesn't mean it's less loved. It may also be a period of adjustment. I know I felt weird calling it my baby. It sounded strange and not like something I'd get to say for some reason.

Nessel wrote: »
    My best mate called it a womb invader. I laughed so hard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement