Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games Have You Completed? (2018 Edition)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Adding another one* to my list:

Nintendo Switch

Super Mario Odyssey: Very, very good game! Finished it with about 300 moons, so lots of reasons to go back and play the hidden worlds for more moons and retrace my steps through the more familiar worlds for the hundreds I've missed
    SteamWorld Dig 2: More goodness from Image & Form, improving on the excellent SteamWorld Dig and SteamWorld Heist games. Highly recommend.
    Hollow Knight: Wow. One of the best games I've ever played. Put about 50 hours into it. A must have for the Switch, really really suits the system.
    *Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker: Fun little puzzle game. Zero replay value I think though!

PC

Titanfall 2: Finished the campaign and really liked it, great FPS, both innovative and cinematic. Will try the multiplayer at some stage.

PS4

The Last of Us Remastered + Left Behind DLC: Yeah, it was awesome! Just the type of game I like, strong in both story and gameplay, really engaging and a twist or two along the way. The DLC was pretty great too, only three hours' worth though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Life is Strange Before the Storm - Thought it was really good. Think my main complaint about it is
    it's supposedly set 3 years before Life is Strange and that seems too long a gap
    Also played the bonus Farewell episode
    Once Chloe commented her parents should be home, I knew when it was set and I was cursing them for making that happen the same time as she finds out Max is leaving.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Bulletstorm remastered on the PS4 and what an absolute blast it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Probably the last game for me this year.
    Shadow Complex. Enjoyed it for what it was but it got really stuttery later on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Unravel TWO || PlayStation 4
    Completely forgot to add this to my list.

Played it with the missus over the weekend. They definitely tightened the controls compared to the last one. In terms of atmosphere and tone, I'd prefer the original, but this was still class in its own right, especially with a second player.
    Games Beaten This Year So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    OXYNFREE|NINTENDO SWITCH
    SONIC MANIA|NINTENDO SWITCH
    SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS|PLAYSTATION 4
    STEAMWORLD DIG|NINTENDO SWITCH
    FAR CRY 5|XBOX ONE
    FAR CRY 4|XBOX ONE
    UNCHARTED 3|PLAYSTATION 4
    UNCHARTED 4|PLAYSTATION 4
    GOD OF WAR|PLAYSTATION 4
    BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM|PLAYSTATION 4
    BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY|PLAYSTATION 4
    MEGA MAN|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 2|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 3|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 4|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 5|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MEGA MAN 6|NINTENDO SWITCH
    BLOODSTAINED: CURSE OF THE MOON|NINTENDO SWITCH
    FLASHBACK|NINTENDO SWITCH
    ODDWORLD: NEW 'N' TASTY|PLAYSTATION 4
    RIVER CITY RANSOM|NES
    ASSASSIN'S CREED II|PLAYSTATION 4
    ASSASSIN'S CREED: BROTHERHOOD|PLAYSTATION 4
    ASSASSIN'S CREED: REVELATIONS|PLAYSTATION 4
    CASTLEVANIA|NES
    SPIDER-MAN|PLAYSTATION 4
    PROTOTYPE|PLAYSTATION 4
    RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2|PLAYSTATION 4
    FINAL FIGHT|NINTENDO SWITCH
    CAPTAIN COMMANDO|NINTENDO SWITCH
    FLORENCE|ANDROID
    TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER|PLAYSTATION
    TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER 2|PLAYSTATION
    TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER 3| PLAYSTATION 2
    UNRAVEL TWO|PLAYSTATION 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finally finished RDR2 last night. A beautiful game, no two ways about it. Everything about this game was nearly right, but a few bad design choices, a lack of a proper fast travel system, and some crazy story choices have marred an otherwise excellent experience. The last chapter especially. Deserved to win what it did, but also rightly didn't win GOTY. Look forward to playing through it again in 6-12 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

[Xbox One]

Red Dead Redemption 2

Really good game enjoyed every minute of it except for a small section of chapter 5. Might give online a go at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

So for this year

Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger (3DO) outstanding game, the FMV cotscenes really give it it's own identity
    Forza 4 (Xbox 360) A solid racing game and improvement over 3
    Fatal inertia (Xbox 360) An okay at best Wipeout clone, doesnt do enough to distinguish itself.
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Xbox one) Great campaign, had loads of fun with this. I honestly think it's biggest handicap is the COD name.
    Titanfall 2 (Xbox one) Another great time, surprisingly fun game, i loves all the platforming puzzles.
    Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (PC) A great arcade shooter let down by the limitations of the N64.
    Ryse: Son of Rome (Xbox one) A surprisingly enjoyable hack & slash that you can blast through in a weekend. Great story and it looks stunning but the combat gets quite repetitive.
    BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (Xbox One) A solid fighter but almost every female character is dressed up to maximize T&A & i can see how it might put people off.
    Injustice 2 (Xbox one) Still a great fighter, not quite as good as the first in terms of story. really lacking in proper alternate skins. Shaders and gear seem pointless to me but I really like the new characters.
    Life is Strange: Before the Storm (Xbox one) Still a great game and has huge heart. You do miss the time rewind mechanic and Chloe can get very grating as a main character, but otherwise fantastic.
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) I love the characters, story and platforming, but my god, it has some of the worst combat iv'e seen. wave after wave of bullet sponge enemies who constantly throw grenades at you mixed with your relatively low ammo count made me come to hate combat.
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) An improvement in every regard from game, simply superb.
    Gears of War 3 (Xbox 360) a great game that chugged along at a nice pace.
    PGR4 (Xbox 360) not *quite as fun as Forza but still pretty entertaining.
    Redout (Xbox one) an okay wipeout clone, but no substitution for the real thing.
    Sin (PC) a pretty good FPS from 98, it's biggest flaw was coming out a few weeks before Half_life and getting lost in that games' wake.

a poor enough year for me. i get lost in playing new games for a while, then getting bored after a while and constantly going back to older ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Happy New Year fellow completionists.

The 2019 Thread is up now.

Here's to another year of beating more games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I weirdly missed out on a big one this year, finished it before Titanfall 2 but dropped out of my mind somehow when it came to adding it to my list. So doing so now for completion's sake:

Nintendo Switch

Super Mario Odyssey: Very, very good game! Finished it with about 300 moons, so lots of reasons to go back and play the hidden worlds for more moons and retrace my steps through the more familiar worlds for the hundreds I've missed
    SteamWorld Dig 2: More goodness from Image & Form, improving on the excellent SteamWorld Dig and SteamWorld Heist games. Highly recommend.
    Hollow Knight: Wow. One of the best games I've ever played. Put about 50 hours into it. A must have for the Switch, really really suits the system.
    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker: Fun little puzzle game. Zero replay value I think though!

PC

*Grand Theft Auto V: An open-world game that was a bit too big and open! Enjoyed it but feel like I missed a lot of the side games and missions, wasn't willing to devote that much time to it.
    Titanfall 2: Finished the campaign and really liked it, great FPS, both innovative and cinematic. Will try the multiplayer at some stage.

PS4

The Last of Us Remastered + Left Behind DLC: Yeah, it was awesome! Just the type of game I like, strong in both story and gameplay, really engaging and a twist or two along the way. The DLC was pretty great too, only three hours' worth though.[/QUOTE]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭accensi0n

NES:

Mario is Missing!
    Mega Man
    Mega Man 2
    Rad Racer
    Adventures in the Magic Kingdom
    Batman
    Joe & Mac Caveman Ninja
    Battletoads
    Kabuki Quantum Fighter