Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

181 reg cars...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

Anyone know how long it takes NVD to get a car from Dublin docks to a dealer in Dublin ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Razor Russ wrote: »
    Anyone know how long it takes NVD to get a car from Dublin docks to a dealer in Dublin ?

Was told it can take a week at least

And sometimes it might not go directly from docks to dealer and go to NVD store in Baldonnel. See if the dealer can flag it as a priority - may or not help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Saw quite a few 181’s today 2 Hyundai Tucson’s and a i10, Toyota Corolla and a Auris and 3 5008’s and a gorgeous Audi A6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

anewme wrote: »
    Owner just camera crap! Not sure how to elimimate reg,

1.5 Petrol 150 bhp dsg stunning car ...

Take a picture from the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Saw a red 181 Opel Crossland X and a red 181 Hyundai kona today.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

sky18 wrote: »
    Indium gray also added led lights, keyless start, tech pack and changed the alloys

More than 3k of options.. wow

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I be seen my first Kona and a GLE in Cork today. Also spotted a q2 and a galaxy in the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sky18

More than 3k of options.. wow

I was ordering anyway so I said I'll throw in a few bits 4 months waiting now hopefully get it shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭DUBintheSTICKS

Collected her Friday after waiting couple weeks longer as NVD messed up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

OSI wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it, I had the cream leather and matching plastics in my Mk5 for over 4 years and 100k+ KMs and it was never a problem to keep clean. I did a lot of mountain biking and hiking back then as well so it didn't get an easy life.

I agree my last car had cream leather and cream door cards etc and it was a doddle to keep clean. The car I have now is traditional black cloth and is proving very difficult to keep clean, it always seems to be dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Yeah I wouldn't mind the seats and the upper door cards (looks great in cream IMO), but the lower half of the dash is a different story... the Tiguan still had the wrappers on it and the door card and footrest had dirty shoe marks on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Yeah I wouldn't mind the seats and the upper door cards (looks great in cream IMO), but the lower half of the dash is a different story... the Tiguan still had the wrappers on it and the door card and footrest had dirty shoe marks on it!

Bright top of the dashboard or even door cards means a lot more reflections - not a good idea.

I had a cream Superb years ago - and it was a breeze to keep clean. As long as the carpets are dark, it is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

jca wrote: »
    I agree my last car had cream leather and cream door cards etc and it was a doddle to keep clean. The car I have now is traditional black cloth and is proving very difficult to keep clean, it always seems to be dirty.

My Xtype has cream leather, and between myself covered in muck and my dog covered in muck and whatever else he manages to drag home on his long coat its so easy to keep clean.

Had red leather in my S2000 and that was amazingly easy to keep clean too, again two mucky sods in it on a regular basis, me and the dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Just spotted a black 181 Bentley Bentayga. The boom is well and truly back. Horrible looking yoke though.

A Honda HRV just passed me, had to look twice as it looks like the Toyota CHR

• Advertisement
    Ms

spyderski wrote: »
    Just spotted a black 181 Bentley Bentayga. The boom is well and truly back. Horrible looking yoke though.

I don't think just because one very well off individual is driving around in a big ugly posh car that that means the boom is back. Believe it or not but rich people can be very mean with there money. You do not get rich by spending it. I think when everyone has a job, a house and a decent standard of living then we can start to say things are looking good again.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Collected her Friday after waiting couple weeks longer as NVD messed up

Very nice. Well wear. The Dad got his new Sportage the Friday before you. Is very happy with it. But has to find out how to use the sat nav on it yet.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    I don't think just because one very well off individual is driving around in a big ugly posh car that that means the boom is back. Believe it or not but rich people can be very mean with there money. You do not get rich by spending it. I think when everyone has a job, a house and a decent standard of living then we can start to say things are looking good again.

Wow. As a reply to a throwaway comment on a forum about 181 reg cars that’s pretty deep. But thanks for the financial advice and the social commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

The next door neighbour got has new rav4 last FridayIMAG2931_zpsvgl4llrf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

theres more than a few bentaygas knocking around so its not just the one.

on the point of decent living/house I was always raised believing that all that was my problem to provide for myself, not the rich chap in the Bentley.

• Advertisement
    Ms

spyderski wrote: »
    Wow. As a reply to a throwaway comment on a forum about 181 reg cars that’s pretty deep. But thanks for the financial advice and the social commentary.

Your welcome. Just saying like.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Autosport wrote: »
    A Honda HRV just passed me, had to look twice as it looks like the Toyota CHR

Those hrv's are lovely yokes imo.

Have seen quite a few 181's around at this stage.

Best so far was a Range Rover Velar last night, serious piece of machinery.

A 181 Mercedes E class parked beside me today and mine looked like it's little child :D. Gorgeous car. Seen quite a few Quasquis and an Orange colour T-Roc this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

181 520D
    Looks smaller than previous models. Good looking car the first 5 series I've liked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Saw a 181 D full fat Range Rover plus just noticed that a neighbour has changed a 161 white Q7 for a 181 white Q7.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dan27barca

Saw a 181 Louth reg Black Bentley Flying Spur with black wheels in Castlebellingham, Louth. no pic as i was driving. Don't know if it was a W12 S or a V8 S.

Ms

dan27barca wrote: »
    Saw a 181 Louth reg Black Bentley Flying Spur with black wheels in Castlebellingham, Louth. no pic as i was driving. Don't know if it was a W12 S or a V8 S.

Thats the two Bentleys sold in the country so far so. A Bentayga and that. Have to say that if it was me with that kind of money I would have the coupe too over the Bentley SUV. Not jealous at all.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dan27barca

Thats the two Bentleys sold in the country so far so. A Bentayga and that. Have to say that if it was me with that kind of money I would have the coupe too over the Bentley SUV. Not jealous at all.

I would as well, but with that kind of money, I would buy something more sensible and practical like a .... 2018 Porsche 911 GT2RS (991) or a Lamborghini Huracan Performante.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Beef Baron ??

• Advertisement
    Ms

Seen a 181 Nissan Pulsar, a grey Hyundai Tucson and a silver Audi Q7 today so far.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Busy day yesterday

Silver Toyota Landcruiser
    Blue Nissan Pulsar
    White Nissan Micra (first decent looking Micra in 2 decades)
    Black Kia Stonic (it was dark so couldn't get a proper look, I think they are probably decent looking but the interior might let it down)
    Blue Ford Focus Salon (hideous looking yoke, no effort put into the salon model at all, didn't think they were still selling them to be honest)
    Black Mercedes C Class Coupe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Saw two Civics, back of then isn't as nice looking as the rear. Probably due to the giant fake air vents. I'm probably one of 3 people to like them though :)

Ms

Seen a Red 181 Ford Focus.

@ DaveyDavy Saw two Civics, back of then isn't as nice looking as the rear. Probably due to the giant fake air vents. I'm probably one of 3 people to like them though

Saw two Civics, back of then isn't as nice looking as the rear. Do you mean the front?

I like them too so you can make that 4 people at least that like them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Saw a silver 181D Toyota Landcruiser LWB passenger today...it had L plates on it, nice barge to start out in. Also spotted a 181D BMW 520D, looked nicely shaped compared to previous model, it was parked up so I had a brief look inside, it appeared to have cloth seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CONM

Beef Baron ??
    Yes the one and only! Its a W12s, Massively surprised to see an 80 yr old rocking black wheels!

Fella that owns that is a Good Man ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Seen a Red 181 Ford Focus.

@ DaveyDavy Saw two Civics, back of then isn't as nice looking as the rear. Probably due to the giant fake air vents. I'm probably one of 3 people to like them though

Saw two Civics, back of then isn't as nice looking as the rear. Do you mean the front?

I like them too so you can make that 4 people at least that like them.

No it's the back. It's just very noticeable. The Type R is the same. Overall nice looking car, but the black plastic on the rear seems a bit odd. Although seeing in the picture below it doesn't look too bad but in the flesh it stood out to me.

2017-Honda-Civic-Hatchback-Sport-Touring-rear-end-02-1.jpg

Ms

Seen a grey 181 Audi Q7 and a white 181 Fiat Punto.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

We got a lovely little 181 baby truck in work yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Seen a grey 181 Audi Q7 and a white 181 Fiat Punto.

Reading in Autoexpress some weeks back the Fiat (grand) Punto is the first car to score 0 stars in the Euro NCAP safety test.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/fiat/punto/102055/fiat-punto-scores-first-ever-zero-star-euro-ncap-safety-rating

selous wrote: »
    Reading in Autoexpress some weeks back the Fiat (grand) Punto is the first car to score 0 stars in the Euro NCAP safety test.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/fiat/punto/102055/fiat-punto-scores-first-ever-zero-star-euro-ncap-safety-rating

And how many stars virtually identical fiat got in 2005?

Ncap should focus on stars for structural protection, and stop that stupid points for equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Think it says the safety test requirements has moved with the ages but the Punto hasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

selous wrote: »
    Think it says the safety test requirements has moved with the ages but the Punto hasn't.

Probably the same for all cars, ie the majority of 10 year old cars might only get 1 Star now if tested today

Casati wrote: »
    Probably the same for all cars, ie the majority of 10 year old cars might only get 1 Star now if tested today

But they aren't still on sale. Those fiats are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

According to a quick scan of Wikipedia this is the third generation of the Punto first introduced in.... 2005! Bar some facelifts that's it. So essentially a 13 year old model?

I'm not deliberately trying to be thick but is that really the case? If so who would buy a new one in 2018 without a very substantial discount.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

According to a quick scan of Wikipedia this is the third generation of the Punto first introduced in.... 2005! Bar some facelifts that's it. So essentially a 13 year old model?

I'm not deliberately trying to be thick but is that really the case? If so who would buy a new one in 2018 without a very substantial discount.

I think that was kind of the point made in the article

"Matthew Avery from Thatcham Research, which plays a pivotal role in Euro NCAP assessments, told Auto Express that while the Punto is not a dangerous car: “Given its £11,000 starting price, in terms of pound-per safety, it’s not a good buy.”

OSI wrote: »
    Why? The best cure is prevention etc.. If it encourages more tech to prevent accidents in the first place, then it should do so.

Because it is easily available information: does the car have autonomous emergency breaking, stability control etc. They are not testing if ESP is any good, but if it is installed at all.

Existence of them should be enforced by different body, with type approval requirements.

What the buyer cannot check is how the car behaves in an event of a crash. How crumble zones absorb energy, do the airbags deploy etc. And that's what the stars should be for.

Ms

Seen a 181 blue Audi Q7, a blue Opel Grandland and a 181 white VW Transporter van.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement