Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 22 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Hard to believe Phil Jones has just played 4 games in 9 days .

Yeah he used to be lucky to play 4 games in a season.
    24(-8) with 14 still to play, exhilarating.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

7 (-12) with 3 City and 5 DGW to go.

Some of the free hit usage in my league was shocking. One guy had Coutinho and Salah despite it very likely that neither would play. Another used the free hit to bring in just 3 DGW players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Some of the free hit usage in my league was shocking. One guy had Coutinho and Salah despite it very likely that neither would play. Another used the free hit to bring in just 3 DGW players.

Yeah seen some mad FH teams. If using it you needed to go all in imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hopefully bodes well for West Ham tomorrow...

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/947963525091287040

"Alan Pardew, the manager, has admitted he will be forced into making wholesale changes for a crucial fixture, with his team fighting against relegation."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

FHFC wrote: »

"Alan Pardew, the manager, has admitted he will be forced into making wholesale changes for a crucial fixture, with his team fighting against relegation."
    I wonder have they also lodged a complaint about phantom penalties???? Nah didn't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »

For one minute I was SO ANGRY as I was apparently in a time warp and read west brom as west ham and he was their manager
    I am now VERY HAPPY
    Change them
    Change them all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pochettino - Versatile Heung-Min Son deserves his share of the limelight:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/pochettino-versatile-heung-min-son-deserves-share-limelight-103031163.html

The only way to fully justify giving him his share of the limelight is two starts this week IMO. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

FutureGuy wrote: »

The leader in my main league played it to avoid a -4.

The same guy had Salah (C) and Firmino (VC), but has already racked up a nice amount of points with De Gea, Albrighton and Wilson today and is about 80 points ahead of me so what do I know?

I think a lot of people don't really understand the chip and think it's just one free transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I dreamt of a Harry Kane had trick last night. It was beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Pretty much everyone in my league has him captain, Alli, Arnie and Aguero are my main differentials

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Might have been a replay of last week, or week before that?

Couldn't have been because I specifically remember it being mentioned in the dream that he got a hat trick of hat tricks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Couldn't have been because I specifically remember it being mentioned in the dream that he got a hat trick of hat tricks.

Harry Kane to walk through the tunnel with a snapback and flip it around. The Hat trick hat trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Has it ever been done before? A hatrick in 3 consecutive games.

Edit, nevermind... quick Google shows some Liverpool guy did it in the 19 40s but no one since

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42537385

Pardew requests West Ham game be postponed lol
    Could you imagine.

Looking at the weather forecast I’d say there is a good chance I won’t have electricity to watch tonight’s proceedings ;(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

km79 wrote: »
    Looking at the weather forecast I’d say there is a good chance I won’t have electricity to watch tonight’s proceedings ;(

Where you live?

Where you live?

East Galway

@RickSpur: BREAKING | Harry Kane is expected to start against Swansea tonight after recovering from his recent illness. [@TimesSport] #COYS

#THFC https://twitter.com/RickSpur/status/948135701123649536/photo/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

East Galway

@RickSpur: BREAKING | Harry Kane is expected to start against Swansea tonight after recovering from his recent illness. [@TimesSport] #COYS

Didn't realise it was to get so bad.

Good man Harry

• Advertisement

DGW ownership - LIVE TEAMS

Kane 53.8%
    Son 20.4%
    Eriksen 19.3%
    Alli 11.7%
    Veryonghen 9.7%
    Lloris 6.8%

Arnautovic 15%
    Ogbonna 10.1%
    Cresswell 6.4%
    Adrián 4.5%
    Lanzini 3.2%

17% overall own ZERO Spurs or West Ham Players

Find others here https://t.co/73oDMSnf3R

So 50% of Live teams don’t even own Kane !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lanzini is the big one for me this week, and maybe Ogbonna if he can get a goal.

Everyone around me has Kane and Arnie. Most have Son. And most have Adrian.

If Lanzini could pull out a double digit score, I'd well set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'd TC him now if I could! But Alli is the big differential for me in my leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Has it ever been done before? A hatrick in 3 consecutive games.

Edit, nevermind... quick Google shows some Liverpool guy did it in the 19 40s but no one since

So according to the records it has never been done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

SlickRic wrote: »
    Lanzini is the big one for me this week, and maybe Ogbonna if he can get a goal.

Everyone around me has Kane and Arnie. Most have Son. And most have Adrian.

If Lanzini could pull out a double digit score, I'd well set.

Yep...same here...went with Lanzini as well....looked lively the couple of times I've seen West Ham highlights so fingers crossed.

Have 3 x Spurs, 3 x West Ham and 3 x City so it could be a spectacular night of FPL success/headwreck tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Looking around some of my leagues if I dont make serious ground this week I may aswell give up. Loads of salah/firmino/coutinho/depoitre/ vardy/dcl. The only downside of yesterday was that Utd CS. Ive 15 players to go surely this is the week it turns. Alli outcoring other spurs mids and a west ham cleanie would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Yep...same here...went with Lanzini as well....looked lively the couple of times I've seen West Ham highlights so fingers crossed.

Have 3 x Spurs, 3 x West Ham and 3 x City so it could be a spectacular night of FPL success/headwreck tonight

I should clarify, I also have Arnie. Going to risk the two of them for a few weeks as their fixtures are decent and they're scoring.

it's just Lanzini is the differential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

East Galway

Great news. Speaking of winds. Might be very windy indeed in Manchester for the match perhaps?

SlickRic wrote: »
    I should clarify, I also have Arnie. Going to risk the two of them for a few weeks as their fixtures are decent and they're scoring.

it's just Lanzini is the differential.

Yeah I opted for Lanzini and Arnautovic for the double, and because I am very likely to get in Aguero, I will keep them as my 3rd and 4th mids over the next 5 games. Something has to give in midfield if Aguero and Kane are in the team.

Like you, Alanzinho (I’m going to leave that because my phone keeps autocorrecting Lanzini to that lol) is a big differential for me.

There could be huge West Brom rotation tonight so hoping for a very good score from them (and Ogbonna).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

MOTD 10:40 have done it the last few times and it has been most disappointing, especially Kane, going to watch the Spurs game on Sky and try and avoid the goal flashes as they come in.

Advertisement