Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 22 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

63 so on free hit week. 5 left to play. Cresswell arnie and Milivojevic points were a nice bonus which made up for kane blank. Fffix predict I'll be just outside 250k mark. Very happy considering I was just outside 2 million at the middle of October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

On Wildcard this week so benefited from Aguero and Sterling. On 42 with Alonso and the common Spurs/WHam selection still to play. Risen 650k places in 5 GWs. Currently on 127k OR but most importantly, well in contention in number of leagues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Just saw Aguero's goal and have no idea how KDB got an assist for that. They must have thought it was a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

On my free hit with 48, 3 spurs and 2 West Ham left. I'd have barely hit 20 points if I didn't use my free hit but I also rushed my free hit, made some questionable calls like bringing in Shaqiri and Duffy. Should have kept Lingard and brought in a Newcastle defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Just saw Aguero's goal and have no idea how KDB got an assist for that. They must have thought it was a shot.

I say it every year, but the assist awards in this game are a complete and utter joke and easily the worst part of the playing experience. Made up as they go along to appeal to higher owned players and keep interest, controversy and with that, conversation, up.

Do you think if that was someone like a Darren Fletcher that they’d have awarded that assist? Absolutely no chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

47 so far with the use of the Free Hit, still have Kane, Alli, Son, Arnautovic, Collins and Adrian to play

My usual team only scored 35 which would only have Kane to play so happy enough so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Paully D wrote: »
    I say it every year, but the assist awards in this game are a complete and utter joke and easily the worst part of the playing experience. Made up as they go along to appeal to higher owned players and keep interest, controversy and with that, conversation, up.

Do you think if that was someone like a Darren Fletcher that they’d have awarded that assist? Absolutely no chance.

Couldn't disagree more really. :)

How's the free hit going?

68 from the Free Hit.

Probably only 5 to play as Cresswell seems to be a doubt.

Good week so far but a long way to go with no Chelsea today. Think Kane will still deliver for the triple captainers too. Extra rested vs West Ham on a 2 day turnaround.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

FHFC wrote: »
    Couldn't disagree more really. :)

How's the free hit going?

I knew you would :P

57 so far with Adrian, Ogbonna, Arnautovic, Eriksen, Son and Kane (C) to go.

It’s probably looking good in the grand scheme of things but unfortunately I haven’t really made any ground up in my main private league as of yet as the leader is on 67 as he has had De Gea, Wilson, Vertonghen, Albrighton and also has Lingard and McClean coming in off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

On 51 with Alonso, Ogbonna, Arnautovic, Son and Kane (c) left.

51 is good but I'm getting worried that it might turn it to be v average after the games tonight and tomorrow.

Over-worrying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I have to say they have got it right with the free hit. Its an excellent chip especially compared to that All out attack which was pointless. Free hit the most valuable chip but if it goes wrong for you it can cost you points also there are numerous weeks it can be used. The safe bet is to use it in a blank as you are guaranteed an increase in points on the score you would have got. I think gws like this it has more potential though. I'm probably going to play it in the big dgw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

callaway92 wrote: »
    On 51 with Alonso, Ogbonna, Arnautovic, Son and Kane (c) left.

51 is good but I'm getting worried that it might turn it to be v average after the games tonight and tomorrow.

Over-worrying?

There is only one game tonight and you have the best player to own in it. Hazard and morata have disappeared from most teams this week .
    You have 4 players tomorrow night including the best captaincy option.
    You are currently 21 points above average.

km79 wrote: »
    There is only one game tonight and you have the best player to own in it. Hazard and morata have disappeared from most teams this week .
    You have 4 players tomorrow night including the best captaincy option.
    You are currently 21 points above average.

Ideal - cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Benimar wrote: »
    33 (-4). Kane (c), Son, Ogbonna, Arnautovic and either Christensen or 1 point to go.

Getting overtaken by teams who didn’t even know there was a DGW.

Absolutely pathetic.

Same. Some people with Sterling and KdB captain, reaping the rewards. Leader seems to be getting all the luck too - he kept KdB, Albrighton on fire for him and Trippier with 3bps.

36 (-4) for me, with Christensen, Ogbonna, Son, Eriksen and Kane(c) left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I have to say they have got it right with the free hit. Its an excellent chip especially compared to that All out attack which was pointless. Free hit the most valuable chip but if it goes wrong for you it can cost you points also there are numerous weeks it can be used. The safe bet is to use it in a blank as you are guaranteed an increase in points on the score you would have got. I think gws like this it has more potential though. I'm probably going to play it in the big dgw.

Would agree with the bit in bold.

I'm currently on a Free Hit....loaded up on Spurs, West Ham and City. It's going reasonably OK and it's gotten me out of a massive hole with my own 'normal' squad but I don't think I'll get the full benefit out of it tbh.

If I had my time back I would have wildcarded this week to get squad in order then used the Free Hit for a big DGW.

The way it's looking now, I'm either going to have to wildcard asap or look at taking multiple hits over the next few GWs :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

36 (-8) with Alonso, Ogbonna, Arnautovic, Eriksen, Alli and Kane (TC) to go. Could be a good week yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭Patser

42 no hits - with a few more points to come off bench + Azpi, Cresswell, Kane, Trippier and Lloris (Capt) to play. Really closed my eyes and prayed when captaining a GK but except for Trippier is current star performer

Green arrows again and up near 100k overall mark, up over 2 million places in 5 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

First of all, congrats to those who brought in a Spurs defender and Alli. Genuinely, well done as the rest of us flounder.

However, I have to say, losing ground on so many people who did absolutely nothing for the DGW, captaining the likes of Mahrez and Sterling, it's a bit mental. it's a real feeling of 'why do I bother?'.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

42 with a -4 hit so far. I have two coming off the bench. Mustafi, Kane, Eriksen, Arnautovic and Ogbonna are still all to play.

I've honestly had my head up my arse over for the last two GWs and didn't make any worthwhile planning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

30 (-12). So much for DGW planning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

37(-4) with Christy, Kane, Erikson, Masuaku and Arnie to go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'm not having great GW so far (I need big games from Christensen & Hazard today) and selling Lingard instead of Surman because of cash (thuugh realised afterwards cash was not an issue) still annoys me but at least Trippier got me back the points I was due for keeping him so long :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

SlickRic wrote: »
    First of all, congrats to those who brought in a Spurs defender and Alli. Genuinely, well done as the rest of us flounder.

However, I have to say, losing ground on so many people who did absolutely nothing for the DGW, captaining the likes of Mahrez and Sterling, it's a bit mental. it's a real feeling of 'why do I bother?'.

Let's all remember, you only see the effect of a DGW after the second game. Until Thursday it's still just a regular week where any player can beat your week's score.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

SlickRic wrote: »

It's a 38 game season. You inevitably get outscored by poor players now and again.

Over the course of a season you will almost certainly pass out these players.

It's like playing poker. You can't moan if you get it all in against a Fish AA vs Jack King and they beat you. Variance determines you'll get beat 20-30% of the time or whatever.

But play that fish long enough and you'll get his money.

38 games is more than enough time for the cream to rise, I generally pay no heed to these type of players even if they get a monster score as I know they're no threat. They always fall away, always.

Morzadec wrote: »
    It's a 38 game season. You inevitably get outscored by poor players now and again.

Over the course of a season you will almost certainly pass out these players.

It's like playing poker. You can't moan if you get it all in against a Fish AA vs Jack King and they beat you. Variance determines you'll get beat 20-30% of the time or whatever.

But play that fish long enough and you'll get his money.

38 games is more than enough time for the cream to rise, I generally pay no heed to these type of players even if they get a monster score as I know they're no threat. They always fall away, always.

Beautiful....inspiring

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Plus we haven't even seen this week's river card yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

39 (-8)

Ideally Kane would score a hat trick of hat tricks on Thursday.

I'm reasonably calm about my likely f*ck up using the TC, but more so I'm annoyed about selling Salah over Coutinho (thinking he'd stay until the summer and actually play this week) and selling Lingard over Richy. Got Alli and Arnie mind so they're paying the -8 back at least.

I'd have never gone for Adrian but for Elliott/Speroni self combusting. And Ogbonna was in for Gomez who wasn't going to play two matches in a row :pac:

Still until Thursday is over, anything could happen.

Let's all remember, you only see the effect of a DGW after the second game. Until Thursday it's still just a regular week where any player can beat your week's score.

This. To early to pass any kind of judgement on this GW yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

On 31 (-4) with Adrian, Ogbonna, Trippier, Son, Kane (c) and Christensen to play. Plus Schindler to come in for a point.

On 1,131. Hoping to break 2,000 points this season for only the second time and so far I need an average of about 55 points to do that from the rest of the game weeks.

Based on my GW history that's looking very possible but game weeks like these make it less likely (sold Sane, brought in Ogbonna and Rooney, awful decisions lol!)

Always buzzing to see the high scores from this thread for some reason. Fascinating stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Plus we haven't even seen this week's river card yet!

Most of us are drawing dead

Advertisement