Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marathons 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

ariana` wrote: »
    Ditto to this! When you put it down like that that you didn't do your 1st 10k til June QB, you did amazing work from June-October!!

daisyos you've been given some great advice here and i appreciate the confusion over the title of the races you've done and then the typo caused further confusion... however another tiny bit of advice is try to avoid using derogatory terms quite so readily next time! Everybody here is giving of their time and advice for free and in my experience anyhow most people really do mean well :)

I'm a couple of years knocking around here but still consider myself a relative newbie and am in awe of the level of experience here and the willingness to offer encouragement, support and advice across every level.

Totally agree here - I’ve learned so so much from people here and everybody is so willing to help and encourage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

daisyos1 wrote: »
    What's your mini marathon finishing time? El pricko :)

Just so you are all aware, the mods are dealing with this comment.

Thanks for reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Steve wrote: »
    Just so you are all aware, the mods are dealing with this comment.

Thanks for reporting.

I didnt report this, and I have no interest in reporting it. I believe it was a genuine misunderstanding and I took little or no offence.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

I didnt report this, and I have no interest in reporting it. I believe was a genuine misunderstanding and I took little or no offence.

Hmmmmm, I dunno, mate. Comes in swinging left and right. Some of those 'typos' were strange and then the insult to you when he or she has zero idea what kind of times you've done for any distance never mind a marathon*

*(Be it a 5k marathon, a 10k marathon, a Half Marathon marathon or one of those really long races, the eh......... Oooooh, it'll come to me)

Just to be clear, I didn't report it either!!! Have a reputation for some fairly 'industrial' language myself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Just to be crystal, it's a site rule that moderation is not discussed on-thread :)

Feel free to pm me if you want to discuss the matter further.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 daisyos1

I didnt report this, and I have no interest in reporting it. I believe it was a genuine misunderstanding and I took little or no offence.

Thank you. It was a misunderstanding but some random man (who never even commented on this post) got a bee in his bonnet and also messaged me insults after reporting me and banning me but apparently there is nothing boards can do! It's a shame. Thanks everyone for your help anyways I do appreciate it. I'm new to running, I don't know the terms of everything yet, that's not a crime :) but I did truly appreciate the actual advice I was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 daisyos1

Itziger wrote: »
    Hmmmmm, I dunno, mate. Comes in swinging left and right. Some of those 'typos' were strange and then the insult to you when he or she has zero idea what kind of times you've done for any distance never mind a marathon*

*(Be it a 5k marathon, a 10k marathon, a Half Marathon marathon or one of those really long races, the eh......... Oooooh, it'll come to me)

Just to be clear, I didn't report it either!!! Have a reputation for some fairly 'industrial' language myself.

It was human error. I sincerely apologise from the bottom of my heart. Also many thanks for the smart comment also that was very helpful.

Advertisement