Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline disconnected for outgoing calls even though bill has been paid!

Options
  • 01-01-2018 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

My elderly mother's landline has been disconnected and she can no longer make outgoing calls;

1. Due to rising bill costs, she changed package (confirmed Sept 18th in writing) to Eir Talk International and it seems the account number was then changed and she was told her next bill would be in November and line rental paid in advance and nothing else was due at this time.
    2. No bill was ever generated for Nov so she had to ring multiple times looking for bill and the amount due, in Dec the last person she spoke to told her she could not pay with an old bill in the post office and she was at risk of being disconnected  - keep in mind this is a disgraceful way to treat an elderly person  - but she finally received the bill several days later and paid straight away.
    3. Dec 30th, she finds her outgoing calls have now been disconnected meaning she has no way to call anybody - shocking to think despite having paid, despite this being Eir's fault and admitting that the bill for the changed package was never generated and then being nothing short of rude and misleading in an earlier call in December, outgoing calls for an elderly person are then restricted.
    4. On her behalf, as she has no computer/internet etc, we have sent a complaint via Eir website but firstly expect outgoing service to be restored, 2nd a complaint to be investigated about why this has happened and once that is done, someone to call and offer an apology for the stress this has caused her.

Having had our own problems with Eir earlier in the year which resulted in needing to have it resolved via comreg, I'm not so optimistic about the last points.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

Any update or response Eir??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

samo wrote: »
    My elderly mother's landline has been disconnected and she can no longer make outgoing calls;

1. Due to rising bill costs, she changed package (confirmed Sept 18th in writing) to Eir Talk International and it seems the account number was then changed and she was told her next bill would be in November and line rental paid in advance and nothing else was due at this time.
    2. No bill was ever generated for Nov so she had to ring multiple times looking for bill and the amount due, in Dec the last person she spoke to told her she could not pay with an old bill in the post office and she was at risk of being disconnected  - keep in mind this is a disgraceful way to treat an elderly person  - but she finally received the bill several days later and paid straight away.
    3. Dec 30th, she finds her outgoing calls have now been disconnected meaning she has no way to call anybody - shocking to think despite having paid, despite this being Eir's fault and admitting that the bill for the changed package was never generated and then being nothing short of rude and misleading in an earlier call in December, outgoing calls for an elderly person are then restricted.
    4. On her behalf, as she has no computer/internet etc, we have sent a complaint via Eir website but firstly expect outgoing service to be restored, 2nd a complaint to be investigated about why this has happened and once that is done, someone to call and offer an apology for the stress this has caused her.

Having had our own problems with Eir earlier in the year which resulted in needing to have it resolved via comreg, I'm not so optimistic about the last points.
    Hi samo, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues your mother is having with us. I understand this is frustrating for her. 

If you PM me the account details, full name on the account I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement