Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart thermostat but no internet. What’s the cheapest option?

Options
  • 01-01-2018 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

I’d like to give my MIL a smart home thermostat but they have no internet in the house. The nest etc don’t need broadband, but they do need a connection.

Does anyone know what the cheapest option would be to get her thermostat online? Are the dongles cheaper than a landline?

I guess the thermostat won’t eat much data... so it’s really just the connection I’m after.

Thanks,
    Karel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I don't know about dongles but the last time I was searching (although it's a few years back) Vodafone's "Simply Broadband" was the cheapest from a bad selection!

At the time is was 30 euro per month but has steadily increased and is now 45 per month.

I have no idea if this is still the cheapest available line based broadband though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

What about a climote - has it's own connection to the outside world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Dardania wrote: »
    What about a climote - has it's own connection to the outside world
    Was thinking the same,think it has a SIM for connections

Advertisement