Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifle moderator question

• 01-01-2018 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi folks
    I own a rifle which has a full stutzen stock and I was wondering is it possible to have a moderator fitted without totally destroying the look of the gun? Or has anyone on here done this or have any pictures of a rifle having had it done?
    Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭smallfry

I have done it but I got another stock made so that I can use the moderator. I have kept the stutzen stock as the timber is class in it. If you get a right threading job done with an invisible thread protector then when the stutzen is on you wouldn't know the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,047 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Couple of options both a tad expensive.

Internal barrel threading.This was an original method developed by Maxim 110 years ago, and you need a male/male adapter for the silencer.Plus someone who knows what they are doing.

Get it re-barreled with a slightly longer and threaded barrel.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

I had an internally threaded 10/22 and the accuracy was terrible. Not sure if a target crown can be finished within a recess???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,047 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Other option, but probably ridiculously expensive.
    Get the rifle integrally suppressed.IE the barrel itself becomes the silencer internals.Would leave you with a "target style " barrel look in the Stutzen wood,which needs to be inletted to free float as well. A good bit of metalwork and woodwork involved.But you would have an utterly unique gun.A silent Stutzen.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

ligertigon wrote: »
    I had an internally threaded 10/22 and the accuracy was terrible. Not sure if a target crown can be finished within a recess???

Who made the suppressor and what make of barrel was it used with ?

GH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

Who made the suppressor and what make of barrel was it used with ?

GH

Suppressor was standard sak i think. it had a male/male threaded coupling, and the original barrel used. Reason for this was that the original iron sight was retained, and no cutting needed.

Advertisement