Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Transfers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

FHFC wrote: »
    Who can resist a nailed on Sergio with awesome fixtures......?

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/949411420260708359

This is why I’m dumping KDB for him

Any input on my transfer strategy from my previous post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Who can resist a nailed on Sergio with awesome fixtures......?

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/949411420260708359

If firmino were to get a ban I may WC sooner than planned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

MrMac84 wrote: »

Don't let the Wilshere goal cloud your thinking into getting him. That was his first Premier League goal since May 2015. There are dozens of better options than him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Don't let the Wilshere goal cloud your thinking into getting him. That was his first Premier League goal since May 2015. There are dozens of better options than him.
    Not at the price there isn't surely, he has being playing far more advanced than previously, he is definitely a good 5th MF option until Ramsey returns and can be re-assessed then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

danganabu wrote: »
    Not at the price there isn't surely, he has being playing far more advanced than previously, he is definitely a good 5th MF option until Ramsey returns and can be re-assessed then.

Off the top of my head, better fifth mids would be RLC, Albrighton, Gross, Townsend and Gudmundsson. Wilshere just isn't prolific enough in terms of goals and assists. Although I thought he was like 5.9 not 5.4 so he isn't a terrible option by any means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

All good except Wilshire. Am I missing something there? Ramsey back in a couple of weeks probably too.

I'd probably go Albrighton first, or else cheap it down further. Milojovevic a decent shout imo as 5th mid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

All good except Wilshire. Am I missing something there? Ramsey back in a couple of weeks probably too.

I'd probably go Albrighton first, or else cheap it down further. Milojovevic a decent shout imo as 5th mid.

Albrighton could be a good shout seen as I won’t get Mahrez due to funds

AnneFrank
    Out there punt of the week, Mooy out for Wilshire.
    Arsenal have to start playing him in the league he's so much better than what they have,
    granted he's a bit of a phil jones but i do love a gamble

Anne Frank did it before it was cool!!!!!
    Gw 7
    Tried to talk her out of it saying he would get injured
    He got injured a week later

He will get injured again soon. When fit he is a good player in real life. He is not a good fantasy player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Contemplating the most depressing transfer ever (as a Liverpool fan)....Coutinho to Lingard :-(

Will probably do it tonight to get it over with.

May also do Hazard to KDB and Long to Alonso for a -8 but will hold fire on those for a while.

I wouldn't go near any Liverpool mids (other than Salah) until after the transfer window closes....lord knows who they'll end up spunking the money on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

km79 wrote: »
    AnneFrank
    Out there punt of the week, Mooy out for Wilshire.
    Arsenal have to start playing him in the league he's so much better than what they have,
    granted he's a bit of a phil jones but i do love a gamble

Anne Frank did it before it was cool!!!!!
    Gw 7
    Tried to talk her out of it saying he would get injured
    He got injured a week later

He will get injured again soon. When fit he is a good player in real life. He is not a good fantasy player

He'll get more yellow cards than assists.

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Contemplating the most depressing transfer ever (as a Liverpool fan)....Coutinho to Lingard :-(

Will probably do it tonight to get it over with.

May also do Hazard to KDB and Long to Alonso for a -8 but will hold fire on those for a while.

I wouldn't go near any Liverpool mids (other than Salah) until after the transfer window closes....lord knows who they'll end up spunking the money on.

The two rumours doing the rounds are Mahrez and Lemar - in that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Hi all, long time no see. Have been dipping in and out of here over Christmas to see how things are going overall as I have been making an educated horses bollocks of my team for the last few months. Happy new (fantasy) year all:).
    To whoever was thinking of getting Wilshere, please don't, there are many reasons, but just don't.

As the only one who defended Wilshire can I just add that I was replying to the claim that there was "dozens of better options" which was clearly wrong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Son or Lingard is the only one I'm iffy about this GW.
    Lingard in good form and both have tasty fixtures
    Have Salah Kane and Augero in team so funds are tight..

Taughts? Do I bank and try bring in Marhez the week after ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Debating kane aguero and morata. Anyone else doing the same. Chelseas fixtures are too good and kane and aguero are must owns I think.

Actually its nearly impossible to get the three in and field a decent midfield.

Adrian elliot
    Alonso van djik mee Kenny wimmer
    Salah lingard doucoure gross milivojevic
    Kane aguero morata

Any views on this. Would split between 433 and 343 depending on fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Debating kane aguero and morata. Anyone else doing the same. Chelseas fixtures are too good and kane and aguero are must owns I think.

Actually its nearly impossible to get the three in and field a decent midfield.

Adrian elliot
    Alonso van djik mee Kenny wimmer
    Salah lingard doucoure gross milivojevic
    Kane aguero morata

Any views on this. Would split between 433 and 343 depending on fixtures.

I'd prefer downgrading Morata and upgrading one of your mids to Hazard if you want Chelsea cover. Haz much more explosive and Morata very off atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I ditched Morata a week ago. He has easy fixtures going forward, but he's also had easy fixtures the last 4-5 weeks and has he even scored one goal? I think all he racked up was an assist. Couldn't score in a 5-0 v Stoke, and had one of the worst performances from a top CF I've seen v Arsenal.

He'll probably go on a tear after me typing this.

https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/950104924108533760

Aguero not as essential if there is any legs to this.... :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I'd prefer downgrading Morata and upgrading one of your mids to Hazard if you want Chelsea cover. Haz much more explosive and Morata very off atm

Hazard hasn't delivered in weeks either. Will be wildcarding so will tinker during the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/950104924108533760

Aguero not as essential if there is any legs to this.... :(:(

Why just Aguero? Sané probably most at danger i'd say, but yes Aguero could be at risk, Sterling also. KdB would remain the safest pick, but god knows with the rest of them. Silva i'd say is next safest, although obviously there's question marks around him at the moment for another reason.

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Why just Aguero? Sané probably most at danger i'd say, but yes Aguero could be at risk, Sterling also. KdB would remain the safest pick, but god knows with the rest of them. Silva i'd say is next safest, although obviously there's question marks around him at the moment for another reason.

Sterling on the right should continue to be the safest. Sane definitely at risk. But very likely Pep wants Sanchez to play up front, many would say he sees him as his longer term Aguero replacement. It would certainly mean Aguero was not nailed while Jesus out, which was the attraction.

Gabriel Jesus will be tested for a possible ruptured cruciate ligament, and if that is the case he would be ruled out of the World Cup. [@10JoseAlvarez]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Is Bony Swansea main striker, I know he went off injured and no flag on him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've loads of money but still thinking of taking Lingard as my Coutinho replacement over Eriksen/Alli/Pogba/Mahrez etc

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I've loads of money but still thinking of taking Lingard as my Coutinho replacement over Eriksen/Alli/Pogba/Mahrez etc

Will do the same short term at least, with the intention, for now, to move to Mahrez.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Arnie to Lingard done. Still need to ship out DCL and would like to get Stones and Mahrez in after this week so will prob do a -4 this week and next

Schlupp went off injured for palace this evening
    I know I won’t last more than 1 week before wildcarding so I may allow myself a little treat this weekend ...........

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

km79 wrote: »
    Schlupp went off injured for palace this evening
    I know I won’t last more than 1 week before wildcarding so I may allow myself a little treat this weekend ...........

Ummm, does that mean....?

*squeals with excitement*

Ummm, does that mean....?

*squeals with excitement*

Yes
    He actually played in the front 3 tonight as well ...... I will most likely WC within 2 weeks anyway as I still have Mata and don’t have salah
    I will Move Daniels on for Pva if schlupp is ruled out

• Advertisement

🦅🚑
    🦅🚑

Roy Hodgson tells us Andros Townsend and Jeff Schlupp both left the ground on crutches.

🔵 #BHACRY 🦅
    🆠#FACup https://t.co/KhBjOSXU0a

It’s go time

Advertisement