Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Transfers.

Comments

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I don't see how Sanchez is a must have if he goes to city - he's still 11.8m, to put that into context - he would be more expensive than every other city player.

Listed as a midfielder but could be playing as the central striker. Could be on penalties. Could be the main man up front re being first choice like KDB and Silva. Will be busting a gut. Has been a points machine in the past. Is Alexis Sanchez.

Edit - is within 10 points of the top 6 scoring midfielders even though arguably has been strolling around this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Listed as a midfielder but could be playing as the central striker. Could be on penalties. Could be the main man up front re being first choice like KDB and Silva. Will be busting a gut. Has been a points machine in the past. Is Alexis Sanchez.

He's not on Penos no way,Aguero KDB Jesus all ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If sterling can score the amount of goals he is scoring at city. I can only imagine how many goals Sanchez would score there given the same opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

@samuelluckhurst: United have been offered Alexis Sanchez amid doubts at City over the player's wage demands #mufc #mcfc #afc http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-news-alexis-sanchez-14141573

There is legs in this now. It's being leaked to various journalists from every side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/951573957911678976

City still look the likeliest destination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Edit - is within 10 points of the top 6 scoring midfielders even though arguably has been strolling around this season.

3 Very big could's there to be fair, most likely wont' be on penalties, playing up front - with Aguero and Jesus (when fit) - again unlikely, be equally a rotation risk as the others - even more so as there would be an extra player to accommodate.

Yes he is 10 points off top 6, but why did you pick 6 - let's look at top 4 players for instance - he's 29 points off but cost 3.2m more than the 4th place player.

Salah (10.1) 168 points
    Sterling (8.9) 146
    KdB (10.2) 137
    Mahrez (8.6) 126

The point i'm making is that he could be a good signing FF wise, but he's not a must have simple because he moves to city, especially at his price, given the price of other city players.

3 Very big could's there to be fair, most likely wont' be on penalties, playing up front - with Aguero and Jesus (when fit) - again unlikely, be equally a rotation risk as the others - even more so as there would be an extra player to accommodate.

Yes he is 10 points off top 6, but why did you pick 6 - let's look at top 4 players for instance - he's 29 points off but cost 3.2m more than the 4th place player.

Salah (10.1) 168 points
    Sterling (8.9) 146
    KdB (10.2) 137
    Mahrez (8.6) 126

The point i'm making is that he could be a good signing FF wise, but he's not a must have simple because he moves to city, especially at his price, given the price of other city players.

But sure the game is all about ‘could’ and that’s how I judge it.

If Ramsey could stay fit, if Richarlison could finish 20% of those chances, if Hazard could get 90 minutes every week and so on.

I agree I choose to go too 6 because the rest are clear but even using KDB as an example, he is only 40 points ahead of Sanchez and consider their respective seasons to date.

I think he could be played up top, could be first choice for that role and could easily could be on penalties.

I think if he does go to City and starts his first available game up front then he becomes an instant must have and I’ll instantly swap him in for Aguero regardless how he scores in that first game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just realized I've enough to get Aguero instead of Vardy.

Do people think Sanchez arriving would result in more Aguero rotation? I'd love Aguero but not if he's playing every second game again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Just realized I've enough to get Aguero instead of Vardy.

Do people think Sanchez arriving would result in more Aguero rotation? I'd love Aguero but not if he's playing every second game again.

Sanchez isn't there yet. Get Aguero in or you could be holding off till the end of Jan like an eejit missing out on potential goals from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

I've gone Eriksen & Firmino > Lingard & Lukaku......pretty much a one week punt on Lukaku (home to Stoke)

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Sanchez isn't there yet. Get Aguero in or you could be holding off till the end of Jan like an eejit missing out on potential goals from him.

This ^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

If I decide to make a transfer before the deadline for a -4 it'll be:

Firmino --> Aguero
    Eriksen --> Ricky or GroB

Might bank and do it next week for free though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I don't see how Sanchez is a must have if he goes to city - he's still 11.8m, to put that into context - he would be more expensive than every other city player.

I would agree, I think City's width with Sterling and Sane hugging touchlines is part of the reason why they're so effective. As a wide player Sanchez is very different.

Sanchez could potentially be competing with Aguero mainly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Sanchez is hopeless at penalties! He has missed 4 of the 7 he has taken for Arsenal. No way City would leave him near penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Foster

Christensen
    Tarkowski
    Zeegelaar

Salah
    Eriksen
    Mahrez
    Son
    Zaha

Firmino
    Gayle

Bench

Elliot
    Vardy
    Mustafi
    Dunk

Anyone got any ideas on how to upgrade this?

Well behind in leagues, and leaders have the usual suspects: Kane KDB Sterling etc

Benimar wrote: »
    Sanchez is hopeless at penalties! He has missed 4 of the 7 he has taken for Arsenal. No way City would leave him near penalties.

When I’ve owned him I’ve been hoping he wasn’t on pens !
    Useless at them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Foster

Christensen
    Tarkowski
    Zeegelaar

Salah
    Eriksen
    Mahrez
    Son
    Zaha

Firmino
    Gayle

Bench

Elliot
    Vardy
    Mustafi
    Dunk

Well behind in leagues, and leaders have the usual suspects: Kane KDB Sterling etc

This stage in the season is too early to go for differentials all over the team. I'd say get some of those usual suspects (I think Double Pool and double Man City attack is a way to go) and bulk up the rest of the team with good differentials. Having Kane would cover you for Spurs' inconsistent attack, allowing you to switch your two Spurs mids for players from other teams.

On specifics, Gayle and Vardy aren't doing much. Is Zaha doing the business (I haven't been watching him)? I don't like his inconsistency but Hazard for his great run has the potential to make up ground for you. You also need some Man Utd defence

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Foster

Christensen
    Tarkowski
    Zeegelaar

Salah
    Eriksen
    Mahrez
    Son
    Zaha

Firmino
    Gayle

Bench

Elliot
    Vardy
    Mustafi
    Dunk

Gayle out for Kane is a must. Then Eriksen out for the best midfielder for the funds available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

On Sanchez, since it was me who thought he could be a must-have, Sanchez on top form with Arsenal was pretty much a must-have. With City, a better, high-scoring team, and Sanchez now re-motivated, he could score bucketloads. I accept the rotation issue which dampens that and affects his captaincy potential but I think he would be on another level to the current City mids in FPL terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

This stage in the season is too early to go for differentials all over the team. I'd say get some of those usual suspects (I think Double Pool and double Man City attack is a way to go) and bulk up the rest of the team with good differentials. Having Kane would cover you for Spurs' inconsistent attack, allowing you to switch your two Spurs mids for players from other teams.

On specifics, Gayle and Vardy aren't doing much. Is Zaha doing the business (I haven't been watching him)? I don't like his inconsistency but Hazard for his great run has the potential to make up ground for you. You also need some Man Utd defence
    sheroman01 wrote: »
    Gayle out for Kane is a must. Then Eriksen out for the best midfielder for the funds available.

Cheers,

I bought into the Zaha hype recently, and he has done nothing for me.......I had Hazard, captained him 3 times and got no goals or assists for either

Gayle was only a recent purchase....Newcastle had a couple of (on paper) easy home games

Thanks for the suggestions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Cheers,

I bought into the Zaha hype recently, and he has done nothing for me.......I had Hazard, captained him 3 times and got no goals or assists for either

Gayle was only a recent purchase....Newcastle had a couple of (on paper) easy home games

I feel your pain,Chelsea seem to have stalled a bit and Haz and Morata are not doing much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Cheers,

I didn't see Vardy there actually. Over time you an ideal front line is Aguero - Kane - cheap sub 5m striker. I'm still firmly on the Aguero train as Jesus is out for a while and Sanchez hasnt joined yet (and even if he does, no guarantee he starts every match and no guarantee Aguero loses his place to him).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Have already done klavan to Tarkowski. Probably going to do sane to mahrez for a minus four to escape the guardiola rotation each week, still holding sterling.

Most likely will wildcard next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

What are the thoughts on Hazard, stick or twist? Fixtures are so damn appealing but Chelsea haven’t convinced me going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

VW 1 wrote: »
    Have already done klavan to Tarkowski. Probably going to do sane to mahrez for a minus four to escape the guardiola rotation each week, still holding sterling.

Most likely will wildcard next week.

If you're going to use your wildcard next week why would you throw away 4 points this week by making 2 transfers? Either wildcard now or hold off on Sane to Mahrez.

I haven't made a single transfer that's cost me points this season. 4 points is just too much to be giving away IMO unless you're really stuck (i.e will only be able to field 8 or 9 players).

For example if you have a striker like Calvert Lewin or Shane Long that's playing regularly but not scoring I wouldn't go taking a hit on getting rid of him to bring in another striker. Simply because the striker you bring in then has to score (or assist and get at least one bonus) that weekend and the striker you transfer out has to not score/assist/get a BP just for you to break even on that transfer.

That's a lot you need to go right just to make the hit worth it. Surely more sensible just to wait an extra week and make the transfer then.

I think with a bit of forward planning with your transfers and having at least 13/14 regular first choice players in your squad you really shouldn't need to be taking hits on transfers.

Maybe that's a very risk averse strategy but that's how I'm looking at it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Vertonghen to Azpi. All aboard the gourmet defender train

edit: didn't pull the trigger in the end. Vert vs Azpi is much of a much this week. Banking to have 2 F/T next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Not transferring Eriksen back to Salah and banking the transfer, is the right thing to do isn't it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

patmac wrote: »
    Not transferring Eriksen back to Salah and banking the transfer, is the right thing to do isn't it?

That's what I'm doing anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

F1ngers wrote: »
    That's what I'm doing anyway.
    Fingers crossed or Fingers will be cross if it doesn't work out.(sorry :o)

• Advertisement

Now considering Azpi to Alonso
    And captaining him !

Advertisement