Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equipment Hire Sauze d' Oulx

Options
  • 01-01-2018 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am going to Sauze for the first time next week. The Clotes lift is the nearest to our Hotel but ski school is at the Sportinia lift. Can anyone suggest the best place to rent our skis etc. We want to leave them near the lifts each evening so somewhere with lockers would be ideal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

I don't know about the Sportinia lift but last year we were in Sauze and hired skis etc from the shop immediately below the Clotes lift - they also provided overnight storage. It literally couldn't be closer. Very handy service especially as the road up to the lift is steeply uphill - you wouldn't want to be walking up that in ski boots. So I would say that's a good place for you - but it probably means going up and skiing back to Sportinia for the ski school which may not be the easiest depending on what level the ski schoolers are at. From memory (may not be accurate) I don't think there is a similar shop below the Sportinia lift.

NB Wrap up well - most of the lifts in Sauze are open to the elements and can be slow and you can get very cold in them.

NBB. Drop into the hotel below the Clotes lift for a drink when you're finished - it was quiet but had a nice selection of beers and great staff. We ate there as well a couple of times and the food was fabulous. One of those times was the birthday of one of our group and we set it up in advance with them to make it special and they really did. They simply could not have done more for us - they drowned us in drink and made a c.7 course meal that was served to us as if we were royalty and was utterly wasted on philistines like us but it was one of the most memorable meals of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 robjenn

Thanks for the info. We are 2 low intermediates & 2 high intermediates. Do you think we could ski from the top of thebbc Clotes lift to Sportinia?

Also I understand most of the Apres is in the Sportinia area. We would have to ski back to Clotes then make our way on foot to Sportinia. Is that easily done?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

robjenn wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. We are 2 low intermediates & 2 high intermediates. Do you think we could ski from the top of thebbc Clotes lift to Sportinia?

Also I understand most of the Apres is in the Sportinia area. We would have to ski back to Clotes then make our way on foot to Sportinia. Is that easily done?

I think you should be OK skiing back down as long as you aren't absolute beginners.

Not sure what to say about the Apres - there's only one town and its not that big. There might be somewhere close to the Sportinia for apres but we didn't discover it. If you're leaving your skis and boots in the shop walking to wherever you like for your pints isn't a problem.:D

Advertisement