Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forstner Bit

Options
  • 01-01-2018 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Cant decide between these two sets the Fisch wave or Bormax. The fisch is a 16 peace set and the Bormax 15 both €300

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Cant decide between these two sets the Fisch wave or Bormax. The fisch is a 16 peace set and the Bormax 15 both €300

They are Austrian and German respectively so the quality is assured. The Chinese sets are great value for money but only last a few years. Have a look at he range from www.wealdentool.com - there is more than one type of Forestner bit.! I buy carbide tipped long shank bits from www.rockler.com and they last forever - at a price of course.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

recipio wrote: »
    They are Austrian and German respectively so the quality is assured. The Chinese sets are great value for money but only last a few years. Have a look at he range from www.wealdentool.com - there is more than one type of Forestner bit.! I buy carbide tipped long shank bits from www.rockler.com and they last forever - at a price of course.:D

Thanks yes i have some of the TCT ones mostly for kitchen door hinges and you right they do last a life time, might look into investing into more sizes of the TCT bits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Marius Hornberger recommends the Bormax set you mentioned in this video if that's any help!

Advertisement