Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Message Issues

Options
  • 01-01-2018 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

First of all sorry for hijacking this, i tried to open a new thread but it wouldnt let me. Have a problem with pm, i can open inbox and sent messages but when i actually try to open the messages it does nothing, have tried to delete messages seems i cant do anything in messages

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

First of all sorry for hijacking this, i tried to open a new thread but it wouldnt let me. Have a problem with pm, i can open inbox and sent messages but when i actually try to open the messages it does nothing, have tried to delete messages seems i cant do anything in messages
    Not sure what's happening here. How are you accessing Boards? Via mobile or PC? What browser are you using?

I'm going to try and send you a PM. You should get an e-mail notification (I have checked your profile and you have this option enabled. Try opening from the e-mail as well as directly in your CP. Post back here what happens or if you don't get the e-mail

I think the office staff are back in tomorrow, and if it does not resolve itself we can get one of the developers to have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭thereitisgone

Yes thank you got your message but cant open it, can only see content in the email

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi thereitisgone,

Will go through this more thoroughly tomorrow, but in the meantime could you let us know how you're accessing Boards, what OS and browser you're using, and if you're on the Responsive or Legacy site. How long has this been going on? And have you tried clearing your browser's cache / used an incognito window?

Hi Mark, windows 10, Chrome and have tried Bing and on my phone, Legacy site. Havent used message since October so not really sure. Yes have cleared cache.

Ok dont know how, but when you mentioned legacy made me think its something to do with that, clicked on that twice, whole look of boards has changed and everything is working now
    Thanks everything looks good now

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Oh good :) Glad to hear things are working properly

Advertisement