Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well parents did ye get out much

Options
  • 01-01-2018 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

We have 4 little ones here, mad busy here, vomiting bug, cooking, cleaning, never ending recycling, playing games with kids, keeping 2 fires going all Christmas we are absolutely wrecked, I don't even think I got an opportunity to sit down and watch a movie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,625 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

popa smurf wrote: »
    We have 4 little ones here, mad busy here, vomiting bug, cooking, cleaning, never ending recycling, playing games with kids, keeping 2 fires going all Christmas we are absolutely wrecked, I don't even think I got an opportunity to sit down and watch a movie.

Except for my work night out in the middle of December, didn't get out and to be honest didn't want to go out.

I don't miss them at all. Don't miss hangovers. House is too busy to miss drinking.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Two smallies and one on the way here.Not too bothered about the nights out but jeez, would have loved to sit down and watch a couple of afternoon films....
    Love how you include the recycling in that list, its constant bin-emptying, recycling and composting here too!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

No but wasn't really looking to get out much. Have a 10 month old who was sick in the run up to Christmas and now me and her dad are both sick. Got out last Wednesday for a couple of drinks with the girls but was in bed before 11 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I watch a few movies and we got out twice. I have 6 kids with one in hospital on the other side of the country. I used to participate in the tidy house worry game.. couldn't be bothered now. I let my standards drop a bit :D (i clean when I'm angry.. it's my tantrum. Gets loads done and I have all these imaginary conversations in my head :D )

You will never get this time again. Your children will only be small for so long. The dishes or recycling can wait for a couple of hours while you watch an afternoon movie or play a game with them.
    My eldest is 19 in February, I wish that I had spent less time worrying about an untidy kitchen or laundry waiting to be folded. I can do that quicker when they're gone to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

Ours are 8,6,4,2 and one due in Apr.

Once they are in bed at 8, cup o tea and chat while I wash the dishes then we watch some tv, catch up on some programs.

I get out with my friends/work colleagues and she does likewise but never together. Other than when the babies were arriving, they've never been away from us. As cbyrd said, time flies and before you know it, they won't want to be around you at all :)

I'd guess in about 2 years, when the next one is around 2 and into her own bed, we'd then look to rediscover "our" time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement