Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Games 2018 what you looking forward to?

Options
  • 01-01-2018 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭

I dont know myself, not really looking forward to anything but maybe I'm missing something. Anthem I don't think so didn't grab my attention for some reason but could be changed. I think I'll grind away at PUBG for the next while.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Comments

So many games to get through, this really is going to be the year where I buy nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

So far it's Far Cry 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Red Dead 2
    Crackdown 3
    Also ... keeping a close eye on Sea of Thieves.

Oh yeah Red Dead 2... guess I will be buying a game thus year after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've a massive backlog on Xbox, PS4 and Switch so I'm leaning towards not buying anything in 2018. I think RDR2 will be delayed until 2019 anyway.

Come back to me in February and I'll probably be after buying 4 or 5 games :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Crackdown 1 going backwards compatible :P

Have no enthusiasm for Crackdown 3 , the other games core mechanics were fun but from what I recall of the last gave it was the same objectives repeated 5 times and then a boss fight on the last island. Really can't see 3 being very different.

Staet of Decay 2 could be good, Metro, and Kingdom Come which out soon enough I think? Darksiders 3

Couple of others took my interest like Vampyr, Ashen and Code Vein.

Over all more there to interest me than 2017 , which was a very poor year for me in terms of AAA gaming. played maybe 8 or 9 which is unheard of for me, mostly played indies and a few ps4 titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

For me it's witcher 3 dlc, shadow of mordor, more rainbow 6, more pubg,more division and possibly more destiny......
    If you're noticing a pattern it's because the only 2015 games that are day 1 buys for me are far cry 5 and red dead 2. Otherwise I'll be saving money and working through the backlog.

Wait till you get back to witcher the one X patch is unreal. I got the goty edition in the sale so have started over and working to another 2000 GS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Wait till you get back to witcher the one X patch is unreal. I got the goty edition in the sale so have started over and working to another 2000 GS.

Id purposely waited to start the DLC after the patch. looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

RDR2 and that's all. Sea of Thieves and Crackdown 3 already look dated in terms of visuals and haven't been released yet.

Honestly, they really need to get the finger out when it comes to new titles. Updated versions of older games is only going to carry the likes of the X so far before enthusiasm begins to wane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Have a good few games to get through so don't really plan on buying anything other than Red Dead Redemption 2 and maybe Jurassic World Evolution

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

For me it's witcher 3 dlc, shadow of mordor, more rainbow 6, more pubg,more division and possibly more destiny......
    If you're noticing a pattern it's because the only 2015 games that are day 1 buys for me are far cry 5 and red dead 2. Otherwise I'll be saving money and working through the backlog.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I probably have a bunch of 2015 games that I should finish first before looking to anything in 2018 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Red Dead, Anthem, Crackdown, State of Decay 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Eurogamer just released the top 50 games for 2018. I forgot about metro exodus that looked amazing at E3. Never played a metro game before.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-02-the-50-most-exciting-games-of-2018

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

RDR2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Red Dead Redemption 2 and also Crackdown 3 even though I never played the second as I stopped game for a good few years. I should really pick it up sometime. I enjoyed the first which is one of the reason i will pick up the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Read Dead 2 is the only game I am going to buy day one.

I will possibly buy Far Cry 5.

I was blown away by the Anthem trailer at E3 but recent news on this game is that it is in a very bad way. EA are a shower of *****. They have ruined Bioware who were one of my favourite developers. Anthem has lost about 1/3 of its development staff and nearly ALL of the directors and chief engineers. It could be released in an absolute state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpY7Yx0Ua8Y

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

sea of thieves
    A way out
    RDR2

hoping for something great at e3 this year

logik wrote: »

I was blown away by the Anthem trailer at E3 but recent news on this game is that it is in a very bad way. EA are a shower of *****. They have ruined Bioware who were one of my favourite developers. Anthem has lost about 1/3 of its development staff and nearly ALL of the directors and chief engineers. It could be released in an absolute state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpY7Yx0Ua8Y

Such a pity especially if Bioware go under. I have zero confidence in EA sorting it all out or even giving a crud about whether people are happy or not. My experience with Star Wars BF2 and the attitude from EA support means I will be avoiding all EA games as much as I can. It will take something spectacular for me to line their greedy pockets again.

I bet Microsoft are worried. Phil Spencer had said on many occasions the future of gaming is in games as services. Not unlike Microsoft to gauge the market completely wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I bet Microsoft are worried. Phil Spencer had said on many occasions the future of gaming is in games as services. Not unlike Microsoft to gauge the market completely wrong.

EA Access is a pretty solid service for the money.

In answering the OP, whatever gets added to the vault and possibly RDR2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Is tomb raider this year? That's a bout it at the moment. Hell of a backlog to get through though. . . .currently a bit addicted to MW remastered that I got on the cheap last week

erkifino wrote: »
    EA Access is a pretty solid service for the money.

In answering the OP, whatever gets added to the vault and possibly RDR2.

He was referring to the actual games as opposed to game delivery services like EA access of xbox pass. The problem is they have no way of monetizing such a gaming model. Minecraft is the closest thing to it but I don't think there is much profit in its in game purchases. Not something you would base the future of gaming on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Think I'll get stuck into Red Dead Redemption 2 when it arrives. I really enjoyed the other Metro games so will probably play Metro Exodus.

Like others, have plenty of already released games that I want to play too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Red dead2 state of decay 2

Advertisement