Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rey, Kylo and Snoke in The Last Jedi (Has Spoilers)

• 01-01-2018 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

Who killed Snoke?

Was it really the person you though it was?

Are you 100% sure? Could it have been the other?

So.. we've been discussing whether Snoke is actually dead or not here:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057821729

Poll runs till March but currently it's 75% sure he's dead and 5% dancing like Ewoks! :)

Now, someone added a video to the thread over on the films board. It's a mix of discussion of different pros/cons but one thing came up that I was like.. wait what?!

When they got to Snokes death, one thought Rey killed him, the other thought it was Kylo.

Both had read the scene differently and as I think about it, you know... it is open to interpretation.

From one perspective, Snoke did indicate he knew Kylo inside out and then seemed surprised at what happened. It's not like we haven't seen Rey pull a big force event outta nowhere before,

It's about 2 hours long and I can't remember where the part is that the 'Who done it' came up:

What do you think? Are you sure? I'll allow for some doubt into the poll results in case your not 100%

Who killed Snoke? 10 votes

I'm Positive it was Rey!
    0% 0 votes
    I'm Positive it was Kylo!
    20% 2 votes
    I kinda think it was Rey
    70% 7 votes
    I kinda think it was Kylo
    0% 0 votes
    Yub Nub
    10% 1 vote

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Now this has me wondering. Who pulled the lightsaber through Snoke? I thought it was Kylo ignites it and pulls it through him and Rey just catches it. Now I’m wondering....
    He does say to Hux ‘the girl killed him’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

david75 wrote: »
    Now this has me wondering. Who pulled the lightsaber through Snoke? I thought it was Kylo ignites it and pulls it through him and Rey just catches it. Now I’m wondering....
    He does say to Hux ‘the girl killed him’

Well, he's not going to say "I killed him", is he?

There is literally no doubt at all, whatsoever that KR killed Snoke and that Snoke is super dead.

I believe that it's been confirmed in the novel but ignoring that, Kylo does all the actions, including igniting the lightsaber and pulling it through Snoke, with his hand front and center on screen as he's doing it, and then we see Snoke's pitiable dead face, tongue lolling from his mouth, sitting on the floor after Holdo kamikazes the ship.

This brand of theories are of the same order of credibility as Darth Jar Jar.

Reintroducing Maul was frankly stupid as well. It was only marginally less stupid than killing him was, so I suppose it balanced out. At any rate, he wasn't reintroduced in the film and it was purely for the sake of coolness that he was brought back.

You don't really have that with Snoke because he's already fulfilled his primary purpose and he's not a character in his own right, nor is he cool. He was a prop for developing Kylo Ren and now he's been used up and discarded.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Gbear wrote: »
    Well, he's not going to say "I killed him", is he?

There is literally no doubt at all, whatsoever that KR killed Snoke and that Snoke is super dead.

I believe that it's been confirmed in the novel but ignoring that, Kylo does all the actions, including igniting the lightsaber and pulling it through Snoke, with his hand front and center on screen as he's doing it, and then we see Snoke's pitiable dead face, tongue lolling from his mouth, sitting on the floor after Holdo kamikazes the ship.

This brand of theories are of the same order of credibility as Darth Jar Jar.

Reintroducing Maul was frankly stupid as well. It was only marginally less stupid than killing him was, so I suppose it balanced out. At any rate, he wasn't reintroduced in the film and it was purely for the sake of coolness that he was brought back.

You don't really have that with Snoke because he's already fulfilled his primary purpose and he's not a character in his own right, nor is he cool. He was a prop for developing Kylo Ren and now he's been used up and discarded.

To be fair reintroducing Maul was stupid but what they went in to do with him and especially his ultimate ending was well well worth it. He’s brilliant in clone wars, dangerous and truly sinister in Rebels, by tthat final face off with Obi wan is jut poetry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

david75 wrote: »
    To be fair reintroducing Maul was stupid but what they went in to do with him and especially his ultimate ending was well well worth it. He’s brilliant in clone wars, dangerous and truly sinister in Rebels, by tthat final face off with Obi wan is jut poetry.

There was just enough of wiggle room for it not to be ludicrous (although making him a giant spider robot was truly mad as a box of frogs), but it was stupid in the sense that it was a retcon and he was totally meant to be dead.

Another patented Star Wars ass-covering.

Advertisement