Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adobe scale not reading correctly

Options
  • 01-01-2018 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

I have a set of plans that is 1:100 yet when i use the adobe reader, its not reading exactly to scale. Anyone know why this is . Would the A3 have something to do with it making it not read correctly?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Are you telling adobe that the plans are 1:100?

Also, can adobe reader scale correctly? I’m. It sure on this as I use adobe Pro.

Also, it could be a mess up from the conversion from cad to pdf, the user may have clicked the wrong plot ratio.

It’s worth noting also, that Dublin City Council use adobe pro to view, scale and validate all online planning applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

kceire wrote: »
    Are you telling adobe that the plans are 1:100?

Also, can adobe reader scale correctly? I’m. It sure on this as I use adobe Pro.

Also, it could be a mess up from the conversion from cad to pdf, the user may have clicked the wrong plot ratio.

It’s worth noting also, that Dublin City Council use adobe pro to view, scale and validate all online planning applications.

I have been using it on other plans i get on PDF that are 1:100 or 1:50 and it scales to all the measurements on them exact. This one when i change the scale to 1:36, then it reads very close to whats wriiten on the plans. Something isnt right. I was thinking maybe the A3 has something to do with it because its the first time its been mentioned beside the 1:100.

Does one have to pay for the adobe pro ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

kingbhome wrote: »
    I have been using it on other plans i get on PDF that are 1:100 or 1:50 and it scales to all the measurements on them exact. This one when i change the scale to 1:36, then it reads very close to whats wriiten on the plans. Something isnt right. I was thinking maybe the A3 has something to do with it because its the first time its been mentioned beside the 1:100.

Does one have to pay for the adobe pro ?

I think so yeah.
    If you want to email it to me, I can check what scale I’m getting on pro?

Advertisement