If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32-43" TV & Soundbar

Options
  • 01-01-2018 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hello,
    I'm looking to upgrade my 8yo TV, it's a 32" HD ready (I don't think it's full HD). I'm looking for a 32 - 43" full HD, 4K optional - don't view much in that yet, but it is the future! Also then a soundbar to go with it. My budget is a fairly tight €500 with delivery to Wicklow. I'm not a brand snob looking for the best bang for my buck. Oh, and the TV would need minimum 3 HDMI ports.

Thank you,
    Casher

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Casher wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm looking to upgrade my 8yo TV, it's a 32" HD ready (I don't think it's full HD). I'm looking for a 32 - 43" full HD, 4K optional - don't view much in that yet, but it is the future! Also then a soundbar to go with it. My budget is a fairly tight €500 with delivery to Wicklow. I'm not a brand snob looking for the best bang for my buck. Oh, and the TV would need minimum 3 HDMI ports.

Thank you,
    Casher
    Hey Casher.

One of the best value for money televisions at the minute would be the LG 43UJ630 priced at £369 or 399 Euro,.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202909-lg-43uj630v.aspx

Or the ever popular Samsung 40MU6120 coming in at £349.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202889-400033.aspx?swapstore=1

For a sound bar there is the Steljes ERATO priced at £129.00 (Wireless subwoofer and plenty of connections).
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202989-400477.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

Thanks, very tempted with the LG at that price. Have to go home & measure my stand, I read somewhere that the legs are 83cm apart and I use an old side table as my tv stand!!

Thanks, very tempted with the LG at that price. Have to go home & measure my stand, I read somewhere that the legs are 83cm apart and I use an old side table as my tv stand!!
    Hi Casher.

Yeah the distance between the legs are 83cm.

Let me know if it would fit once you get to measure up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Sorry to jump in on your thread Casher, but is a sound bar essential for these 4K tv’s?

Also does the tv quality go up the bigger the tv is?

Jump away, wouldn’t mind reading the answer to that one myself!

• Advertisement

I have another question. I measured my stand & it’s only 54cm. So what’s the difference between the 630 & the 670? I see the 670 has a Centre stand which would save me buying new furniture!

I have another question. I measured my stand & it’s only 54cm. So what’s the difference between the 630 & the 670? I see the 670 has a Centre stand which would save me buying new furniture!
    Hi Casher,

The 670 has a much better panel with better brightness and colour. It also has a better design, a thinner silver bezel instead of a black plastic one.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi Casher,

The 670 has a much better panel with better brightness and colour. It also has a better design, a thinner silver bezel instead of a black plastic one.

Kind regards

David

Thanks, I sent a PM earlier as I think I’m ready to go with the 670, just a couple of q’s I want to ask ‘in person’

Hi Casher,

Kind regards

David

Thanks, I sent a PM earlier as I think I’m ready to go with the 670, just a couple of q’s I want to ask ‘in person’
    I'll give you a shout asap.

Kind regards

David

Hi guys,
    Just wanted to let you know my frustration at the delivery of my tv. Nothing to do with you & nothing you can do about it, but just for your info if you’re looking at delivery companies. Got a text from Aramex on Friday to say my tv would be delivered in 2 working days between 9am & 5pm. My mom lives nearby so when I got the call for exact directions she would pop over to let the delivery guy in. No word by lunchtime and the Aramex website tracker hasn’t changed since Friday so I rang them. They had outsourced delivery to Breen & gave me a contact number. I rang Breen, yes my parcel was on their truck, driver was currently 30km away and was most likely calling to me on the way back to base. I left work at 4pm to come home & play with my new toy. Still hadn’t heard anything so rang Breen again. My TV won’t be delivered until tomorrow, the driver got caught up elsewhere so just didn’t bother. It’s not the end of the world, or even a serious matter in the grand scheme of things, but just frustrating when you put things in place for a delivery and it doesn’t happen and you’re not even contacted to explain that it won’t happen. I just hope my Mum is free in the morning to accept delivery.
    Rant over, thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi guys,
    Just wanted to let you know my frustration at the delivery of my tv. Nothing to do with you & nothing you can do about it, but just for your info if you’re looking at delivery companies. Got a text from Aramex on Friday to say my tv would be delivered in 2 working days between 9am & 5pm. My mom lives nearby so when I got the call for exact directions she would pop over to let the delivery guy in. No word by lunchtime and the Aramex website tracker hasn’t changed since Friday so I rang them. They had outsourced delivery to Breen & gave me a contact number. I rang Breen, yes my parcel was on their truck, driver was currently 30km away and was most likely calling to me on the way back to base. I left work at 4pm to come home & play with my new toy. Still hadn’t heard anything so rang Breen again. My TV won’t be delivered until tomorrow, the driver got caught up elsewhere so just didn’t bother. It’s not the end of the world, or even a serious matter in the grand scheme of things, but just frustrating when you put things in place for a delivery and it doesn’t happen and you’re not even contacted to explain that it won’t happen. I just hope my Mum is free in the morning to accept delivery.
    Rant over, thanks.
    Hi Casher,

I'm really sorry to hear you had issues with your delivery. And apologies for the delay getting back to you. Did you receive the TV this morning? I will have a word with our couriers to lodge a complaint as you should have been contacted to give you an update or let you know the delivery had been delayed.

Please let me know if you have any further issues and apologies again for the inconvenience.

Kind regards

David

Hi David,
    Tv was delivered at lunchtime. I rang the company around 11am to get the ETA. Delivery driver couldn’t have been more friendly or helpful. Looking forward to playing with it tonight!!

Thanks,
    Casher

Hi David,
    Tv was delivered at lunchtime. I rang the company around 11am to get the ETA. Delivery driver couldn’t have been more friendly or helpful. Looking forward to playing with it tonight!!

Thanks,
    Casher
    Hi Casher,

That's great news! Thanks for the update! Enjoy your new TV.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.