Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Eleanor : Tuesday 02nd PM / Weds 03rd Jan 2108

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

71kt 131.5kmph gust at Fastnet

https://twitter.com/FastnetLHouse/status/948236954503733248

Hearing the wind in office in Galway City, never recall being able to before.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

ECM 00Z

H4jTsFi.png

YPTnske.png

hrLAxEV.png

Bad winds there seems to be hitting north Kerry /clare dead on

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

ECM 00Z
    YPTnske.png

Jaysus! :eek:

Might we see an imminent red warning from ME?

In Dublin 16....a little more breezy in the last 15 minutes. 987.3mb now (at 1700), falling very rapidly. Drop of 2.5mb in the last 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Jaysus! :eek:

Might we see an imminent red warning from ME?

In Dublin 16....a little more breezy in the last 15 minutes. 987.3mb now (at 1700), falling very rapidly. Drop of 2.5mb in the last 30 minutes.

That data has been available since this morning, 12z won't be out for another hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

We are in north Kerry. It’s mental outside. Car alarm going off from the wind moving it. Roads flooded and waves breaching the sea wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

The wind has seriously picked up in Galway City in the past 20mins.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

The strongest winds coming in the clear slot off the West I would imagine.

OYbfoRM.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Can confirm that it is much windier than expected. Clear skies overhead just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Literally watching pressure fall on the Davis screen here. Dropping at an alarming rate. Kildare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Max gust revised back up to 55kts in the 5pm TAF for Dublin, has a prob 30 attached and is valid from 7pm to 9pm.

Shannon strangely has been revised down to a Max Gust of 50kts, I know its not valid until 6pm but seems a little low does it not?

Cork also has a max gust of 50kts, valid until 7pm, ad Knock will be gusting to 45kts from 8pm this evening to 3pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Gone very blustery in north cork near mallow in the last 10 minutes. Hope the power doesn't go.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Max gust revised back up to 55kts in the 5pm TAF for Dublin, has a prob 30 attached and is valid from 7pm to 9pm.

Shannon strangely has been revised down to a Max Gust of 50kts, I know its not valid until 6pm but seems a little low does it not?

Cork also has a max gust of 50kts, valid until 7pm, ad Knock will be gusting to 45kts from 8pm this evening to 3pm tomorrow.

I’d say the likes of Casement will have a pretty high gust this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fraxinus1

That data has been available since this morning, 12z won't be out for another hour.

A Red warning would be meaningless now? It’s to late to alert the relevant bodies. Hopefully the situation won’t warrant one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Severe gusts now in West Mayo,shaking the house,alot worse than I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

fraxinus1 wrote: »
    A Red warning would be meaningless now? It’s to late to alert the relevant bodies. Hopefully the situation won’t warrant one.

Never too late to inform people to stay indoors and not go for a drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Suddenly extremely blustery in Achill. I really wasn't expecting this. Wind is really howling

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

53 gust 75 knots at Mace Head at 5 pm!!

PsMETAR MACE 021700Z AUTO 25053G75KT 3300NDV BKN014/// 09/07 0978 MSL RERA=

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Anyone able to tell when it calm down in Galway city? Can't make any sense of them charts. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Some stronger gusts in east Galway, blowing smoke back down the chimney, lovely.

• Advertisement

fraxinus1 wrote: »

You’d be surprised the power of social media and other media outlets on how quickly they can get the word out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Gusting up to 83 kmh in Galway City
    Barometer 982.53 hPa Falling very rapidly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Met Éireann hourly 3 hourly forecast (if that makes sense) up to 7pm. A very short but potentially sweet affair:

anwind.gif

P.S. Wind suddenly shot up to 25 knot mean here. Jealous of those further to the south and east.

New Moon

I would suggest the centre is tracking a little further north than the Hirlam on the met website.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I would suggest the centre is tracking a little further north than the Hirlam on the met website.

Yes, more in line with the NAE. Maybe that 190 km/h this morning was not so crazy!

Pressure to 975hPa in Newport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Kinda calming down a bit here in north Kerry...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Would consider a red warning (locally) at this point, Mace Head obs W 53G75 kt.

SHELTER IN PLACE advisory (from me) for south half Galway, all Clare, north Kerry, Limerick, effective now to 8 p.m., driving may become very dangerous with flying debris and trees subject to large amounts of damage.

This would need to be extended further east by 6 p.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Wind has veered to the SSW (maybe due to local turbulence) here.Very gusty, but pressure still failing at an incredible rate, so low center, whatever path it is taking, has not arrived yet.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Advertisement