Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Eleanor : Tuesday 02nd PM / Weds 03rd Jan 2108

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

lets just hope there won't be any more flooding from rivers etc, very devastating for businesses.

Evelyn mentioned after the news that tonight/tomorrow mornings high tide is likely to be even higher than the one just gone so more flooding likely unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

MJohnston wrote: »
    Any info on who Rosenbloom was/is?

Good question, I couldn't find much with a pretty thorough Google search. I could only find this article that mentions the Rosenbloom rule but doesn't give any info on who Rosenbloom is.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2017/02/03/the-amazing-improvements-in-winter-weather-forecasting-since-the-1970s/?utm_term=.5ecc1f7d107d

Interesting read nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's just gone mental in Clondalkin now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Seems at its most powerful in Newbridge now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fraxinus1

I’m hearing that after a lull in the Dublin area a while back, it has turned very nasty again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

bit of a squall in lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Strong gusts in Dublin City now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭pauldry

These Orange warnings should not be associated with Counties. Just regions.

Better to say Orange Warning for most parts of the West than say South Galway.

Impossible to predict the stingjet type storms accurately to a County.

Might even be better to say Orange Warning in place for most parts of Ireland though some regions may miss this highly volatile system.

Had one of these in Sligo last year I think it was and wind smashed a tree out our back garden in a 3hr fast moving storm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Kinvara got some flooding off Galway Bay tonight

https://www.facebook.com/Jftaxi/videos/1730714843670319/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Gone very bad in Dublin. Knocking coming through the roof is annoying. There's air vents through the attic which are concerning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

It was so calm a few mins ago here in south Dublin not a breeze but picking up again now. Lashing rain and getting windy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Kinvara got some flooding off Galway Bay tonight

https://www.facebook.com/Jftaxi/videos/1730714843670319/

That's crazy, poor people in those houses.

Amazing to think we've had naysayers on here already about this storm when you see images like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Met eireann update
    DSkhkJPWAAI6Ukh.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Definitely the worse storm of the year so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Definitely the worse storm of the year so far...

But sure some people on here said it would only be a normal wet and windy day😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Lovely clear skies and big moon here in Wicklow town.

Current Conditions
    7.2°C
    20.6 km/h Wind from WNW
    Gusts 28.0 km/h
    Dew Point: 3 °C
    Humidity: 77%
    Precip Rate: 0 mm/hr
    Precip Accum: 10.92 mm
    Pressure: 979.23 hPa

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Fairly strong gusts, thunder and lightening bit of hail hitting the windows reminds me of winters when I was young for some reason.

Inland West Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

It was very windy with big wild gusts here at 7pm. Still blustery now and again but nothing much.
    Was talking to someone earlier that was driving through Virginia and a car had been hit by a tree with the windscreen badly damaged.
    They were behind the ambulance on the way to cavan but it had no lights on so looks like no one badly injured thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Easily the most damaging storm since the floods in 2014 for Galway(Not just the city but places like Kinvara Clarinbridge etc..) Combination of lack of preparation from the authorities and a lack of warning(not necessary met eireann, but more from local and national media outlets). It took a lot of people by surprise coming out of work from 4pm. Higher tide expected at 5am and a big storm surge could see more damage. Council has put out a plea for sandbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Ok just gone mental again here in Firhouse/Ballycullen, after hours of wind.....

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Wind has really picked up again here in Limerick.....some of the worst gusts we have had all evening!!

I never experienced a storm surge before it came as a bit of a shock to me when driving past Galway Docks the water came over the quays and it was up to the middle of the car wheels in a few moments, I thought I would get caught in the flood but got away in time, sadly a lot of people behind were caught and had to abandon their cars

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Wind really after picking up here in North Cork over past 45min - wouldn't be surprised if the ESB were to go soon... (190m ASL)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Wind very inconsistent in Arklow. Dead calm one minute then the roof tiles are lifting the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Wind blasting through here in south laois. Can't imagine how bad the west coast must be. On the bright side at least this is a night time storm so much less dangerous for road users etc than a daytime storm
    Night all stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just got very stormy here in South Tipp!! Torrential downpour with very powerful wind gusts!!
    Waiting here for the power to go.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

It had calmed down for a good while in bray but last 10 minutes or so the rain is pouring and the wind is very strong

Advertisement