Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why the surge in alt coins around December 11th?

• 01-01-2018 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I'm a noob to crypto so forgive me if this is a stupid question. (I've been getting into it over the last 2 weeks and invested in a few coins a week and a half ago.)

One thing I noticed with many of the alt coins I've been researching (Cardano, Raiblocks, Ripple, Stellar Lumens, Verge) is that many of them started to noticeably increase in value around December 11th ish.

Does anyone know the reason for this or have any theories?

I looked at the Bitcoin charts around that date. It was on its climb at the time and I guess there was a lot of media coverage for weeks about that. But it had been increasing like that since a month beforehand.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

RunUterRun wrote: »
    Does anyone know the reason for this or have any theories?

It's just people on-boarding to crypto and buying whatever's being shilled at the time.

No other reasoning behind it as ADA and XVG show.

Advertisement