Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error 503 what is it?

Options
  • 01-01-2018 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I've managed to post some threads on here, but each time I click on them, Error 503 appears. Help :)

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Buzyizzy,

This can be triggered by your IP address. Can I ask you to use the Legacy Site (you can find a link to it in the footer of the website). Are you accessing Boards from outside of Ireland?

Does this happen regardless of the browser or device that you use?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Mark,are you saying you're deliberately falsifying a 503 back to certain IPs?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Why would we falsify an error? I've seen in some other instances that users are accessing Boards from outside of Ireland and that this can result in a 503 error.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Maybe you've worded it badly, but given that a 503 is a timeout on the server side, it shouldn't be related to specific IPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tigerzeng

Legacy Site is OK

• Advertisement
Advertisement