Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

temping?

Options
  • 01-01-2018 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

hey everyone..
    can I ask for help please . as I said in previous post I bought the advanced fertility monitor and have been using it for 4 months (having ttc for about 6 months prior to me purchasing this monitor) anyhow... the monitor has not picked up on any peak days over the 4 cycles. I made doctor appointment for next week..however I'm wondering should I temp for a month and see what the results of that temping is before I go to the doctor? I'm wondering will the doctor tell me to temp for the month to see? thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

If it was me I’d push to get the bloods done ASAP. If the doctor tries to delay you insist or find a second opinion. Nothing stopping you from temping as well this month but at least you will be one month further down the line in terms of tests if needed.

Edited to add: in my experience some GPS don’t take fertility as seriously as they should and you’ll get the just relax and it will happen crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭cornflake1

Definitely go to a different GP if they won't test. Just before I started trying to conceive I asked my GP how long I should wait without success for testing. I was 38. He said a year, cause apparently his wife had just gotten pregnant at 40. I changed GPs and was got the day 3 and 21 bloods after 3 months of trying. I was 39 at this stage and had no time to lose. She also sent me to the local fertility clinic to get my AMH done and advised my OH also go there for a sperm check.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GalwayDonegal

thank you so much for your response. so is day 3 bloods day 3 of period? thanks again.
    cornflake1 wrote: »
    Definitely go to a different GP if they won't test. Just before I started trying to conceive I asked my GP how long I should wait without success for testing. I was 38. He said a year, cause apparently his wife had just gotten pregnant at 40. I changed GPs and was got the day 3 and 21 bloods after 3 months of trying. I was 39 at this stage and had no time to lose. She also sent me to the local fertility clinic to get my AMH done and advised my OH also go there for a sperm check.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭cornflake1

thank you so much for your response. so is day 3 bloods day 3 of period? thanks again.

Yes, day 1 of your cycle is the first day of your period. However the day 3 bloods can actually be taken on day 3, 4 or 5, as I understand.

Advertisement