Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay. Qi - wireless iPhone 6s charger

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I know nothing about those particular chargers OP but I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. I'd be terrified they'd fry my phone. You can get decent enough chi enabled chargers on amazon for not much more than those ones and I'd trust them more than anything from ebay tbh. Also I'd go for a chi enabled case if anything, you can get kits like these. Those sticky pads seem weird to me, dunno why.

However I've had iphones for 7/8 years and never once have i broken the charge port. I'm not sure what your family is doing but to my knowledge it's not a particularly vulnerable part of the design, are they yanking out cables or tripping over them and pulling them or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I know nothing about those particular chargers OP but I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. I'd be terrified they'd fry my phone. You can get decent enough chi enabled chargers on amazon for not much more than those ones and I'd trust them more than anything from ebay tbh. Also I'd go for a chi enabled case if anything, you can get kits like these. Those sticky pads seem weird to me, dunno why.

However I've had iphones for 7/8 years and never once have i broken the charge port. I'm not sure what your family is doing but to my knowledge it's not a particularly vulnerable part of the design, are they yanking out cables or tripping over them and pulling them or something?

That's what I'd be afraid of as well. Especially after the price it cost. I'd even consider an Apple wireless charger. Although, I'm just not sure if you'd be paying more for the make, as opposed to the actual product.

Yes, mainly due to carelessness. It happened my sister where the charger had to fiddled slightly in the charging port for it to start charging and then left to change in that particular position. Other times the iPhone would be charging and it randomly start and stop charging. It was one of the older models afew years ago. Can't recall which one though.

Another separate problem, was bits of dirt getting into the charging port. So that might have played a part.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Apple don't do wireless chargers yet, and not for the 6S. Stay away from buying electronics from eBay (or anything that's cheap tat from China), especially stuff that deals with charging your nice and pricey €500+ phone.

Having to fiddle with a cable to get it to charge is a common symptom of pocket lint in the charging port. Carefully use a wooden toothpick and a torch (to see what you're picking out) and it should charge without fiddling.

Advertisement