Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broombridge ET - opinions

Options
  • 01-01-2018 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,
    Can anyone give their feedback about Broombridge Educate together school?

Also, if you could recommend good / better primary schools in this area?

I'm looking for ideally mixed boys & girls primary school, Educate together or could be Catholic school that respects non-religious and interesting after-school activities.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pmcc1

Hi,
    Can anyone give their feedback about Broombridge Educate together school?

Also, if you could recommend good / better primary schools in this area?

I'm looking for ideally mixed boys & girls primary school, Educate together or could be Catholic school that respects non-religious and interesting after-school activities.

Thank you

We'll be very interested to hear feedback too. We've got our kid down for Broombridge ET + Grangegorman ET + St Peter's Phibsboro, all understood to be very good schools. Preferring to give the sacraments the slip, we can only send our lad to St. Peter's if a critical mass (ho ho) of parents will skip the religious stuff also. Any takers?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

For me, I'd prefer for a school to be longer established and have a bit of a track record. But I'd suggest you visit each school and see what you think, be aware that you will be "sold" a vision of each school, so try to coincide with parents collecting their children to get a proper view.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sunshine135

For me, I'd prefer for a school to be longer established and have a bit of a track record. But I'd suggest you visit each school and see what you think, be aware that you will be "sold" a vision of each school, so try to coincide with parents collecting their children to get a proper view.

I don't know where I go wrong with my school visits. So far I tried to visit 2 schools.
    One school, I couldn't even get inside (small school, nobody was present at the reception).
    The second school, the receptionist briefly answered couple questions. It was hardly "selling the school vision". When I asked if it would be possible to visit the school "I'm sorry, it's not possibe".

Is there something I should know about the process? Any special way I should arrange visiting the school or talking to the principle?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I don't know where I go wrong with my school visits. So far I tried to visit 2 schools.
    One school, I couldn't even get inside (small school, nobody was present at the reception).
    The second school, the receptionist briefly answered couple questions. It was hardly "selling the school vision". When I asked if it would be possible to visit the school "I'm sorry, it's not possibe".

Is there something I should know about the process? Any special way I should arrange visiting the school or talking to the principle?

Did you make an appointment in advance ? Turning up without warning will never work .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mavericked

@sunshine135 have you got any other info about the Broombridge ET school? I've got an admission for my kid for Junior Infants 2018. I've visited the school and spoke to teachers. It seemed nice, though the teacher to pupil ratio seemed little higher (i think its around 1:28 if i can recollect correctly).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Christ the king is also an option for you.
    Skipping RE isn't a problem though we let ours take part in jnr/snr infants and took him out afterwards.
    Very committed staff. It's a deis school so gets extra resources and funding for extra activities.
    It's a small school with small classes. Every teacher knows every child.

Edit: just to add , there are small classes with about 12 in my sons class

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cedar5

Stanhope street woukd also be another option they are also a Deis school and have about 20:1 ratio as far as I know.The children also get their lunch provided on school. Staff are nice and very committed to the children.

Advertisement