Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ski Lessons - inclusive package

Options
  • 02-01-2018 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi

Im looking at ski trips. never been before so im a beginner. is it best to book lessons when arrive at resort. Or buy as part of package. The lessons seem to be full day. Would it be better to book half day lessons when I get there to save on price. And just do half days and practice on my own

Is it cheaper also to rent equipment when I arrive at resort or pre book as part of package. The price quickly ramps up over 1k when doing the inclusive rental/lessons packages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

allycavs wrote: »
    Hi

Im looking at ski trips. never been before so im a beginner. is it best to book lessons when arrive at resort. Or buy as part of package. The lessons seem to be full day. Would it be better to book half day lessons when I get there to save on price. And just do half days and practice on my own

Is it cheaper also to rent equipment when I arrive at resort or pre book as part of package. The price quickly ramps up over 1k when doing the inclusive rental/lessons packages.

Are you going solo? And what age bracket are you? If you want a stress free, great value, brilliant fun, all inclusive package go look at the action outdoors website. Their packages include utterly everything except the flights and booze ha, lessons in particular are great value with them. You'll easily get away with the likes of 800e all in. Mostly a younger crowd at them (age limit of 45?, but they do do family packages and old age weeks)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭allycavs

Timmaay wrote: »
    Are you going solo? And what age bracket are you? If you want a stress free, great value, brilliant fun, all inclusive package go look at the action outdoors website. Their packages include utterly everything except the flights and booze ha, lessons in particular are great value with them. You'll easily get away with the likes of 800e all in. Mostly a younger crowd at them (age limit of 45?, but they do do family packages and old age weeks)

Thanks . Im early 30s going with a mate who would be intermediate. The website looks very good.
    https://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/holiday/cart?ActivityID=20872

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I always prefer to book lessons separately as in my experience some of the package ski lessons have tended to be with guys with bad English which makes the lessons harder. But I would definitely book in advance. As a complete beginner you should do a full week of lessons until you can start doing blue runs comfortably.

As a basic guide Ski slopes are graded - Green, Blue, Red, Black, Black diamond - with green being the easiest. Once you can do Blue runs after about 3 or 4 days lessons the ski areas really open up.

Try to borrow as much ski gear as you can and Lidl or Aldi usually sell clothes around this time. As above I would book separately and in advance although if you got it as part of a package you will be fine too.

If you are doing a package holiday make sure they are including the price of a lift pass in the package otherwise its another €200..

Advertisement