Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try gun

Options
  • 02-01-2018 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Happy new year all . I'm looking to get a new gun fitted to myself .Dose anyone know off a dealer r a clay grounds with a sxs try gun

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

I was looking for someone with a try gun, but never managed to track anyone down with one. Your best bet would be a trip to the uk and get it done over there.

https://www.iancoley.co.uk/gun-shop/gun-fitting/

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭merv35

Sound for that have you been over with him if so will he give you the dimensions to bring with you r have you to get the stock done with him

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

if there is no one down south why not give these guys a shout, you could prob buy your gun there to, and import it yourself
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MHXM8AS9dM

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ace86

I inquired about this last yr and was prepared to go to UK for it but im hoping to go this yr at some stage, I e-mailed holland and holland and you can see the attached file about there response and cost etc hope it helps you but well worth going for a fitting regardless you won't be sorry and could save you money in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

merv35 wrote: »
    Sound for that have you been over with him if so will he give you the dimensions to bring with you r have you to get the stock done with him

Nope, i have not. But looking around Ireland, if someone does have a try-gun, they keep it extremely quiet. I thought Pat Sludds in Wexford would have a try-gun, but he does not.

• Advertisement

I hear you . it's mad on one has on I am planning on pat make me a stock but i think this crack off gettin a lad to mounting his gun stand at the other end and tell him it fits is wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Have a look at McCloys guns on YouTube. There based outside Antrim and have posted a few videos on fitting guns using the try gun process.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Have a look at McCloys guns on YouTube. There based outside Antrim and have posted a few videos on fitting guns using the try gun process.

youtube video linked to #4, def worth giving them a call and see can they help. its only up the road lol

Cheers for da replys I'm heading up to Steve marsden next mth

Advertisement