Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Secondary & Primary Account question

Options
  • 02-01-2018 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

I have a question about sharing my digital games with my Brothers PS4.

I understand if I set his PS4 as my primary PS4 then he can play my games, but this means I have to stay online to play my games on my PS4 as mine would be a a secondary, another limitation is that any games I purchase using my PSN ID has to be downloaded on the primary PS4 first ie. my brothers.

Now how exactly does that work, Can I just log in on PS store on the PC and press download to primary and then just press download to the secondary or do I have to wait for the game to be 100% downloaded on my brothers PS4 before I can download it to my own PS4?
    The problem is my brother has no internet access at times, and if I have to wait to play games I purchase because of that then I wouldnt bother sharing.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Games don't need to be downloaded first on the primary, if you set a game to auto download it will do so to the primary one but you don't need to do that to get it on the secondary ps4.

You can buy something and then just go to your library to download. In library select arrange by purchased date and what ever you bought is at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Varik wrote: »
    Games don't need to be downloaded first on the primary, if you set a game to auto download it will do so to the primary one but you don't need to do that to get it on the secondary ps4.

You can buy something and then just go to your library to download. In library select arrange by purchased date and what ever you bought is at the top.

Thanks for clarifying. I had read on the net that it had to be downloaded on primary account first.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I bought Gran Turismo a couple of weeks ago, and it downloaded on to my Primary automatically, not my secondary.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You can only push downloads to the primary, but you don't need to download them there first. You can just buy the game and then on with ever system you want log in and go to the library to download.

The primary system is the only one that can also auto upload saves and unless you're on the same local network if you try to remote play it'll try to log onto the primary no matter where it is.

Advertisement