Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emigrating to Australia

• 02-01-2018 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

If been off work Now for two months due to an injury and basically my account is nearly €0 due to the med costs... :(

I’m 23 worked as a barman for 7years and car valeting for 1 year. I do around 55-70 hours a week and I’m only realising I have nothing to show for it !

I’d love to head out and start working and I’m wondering has anyone any advice ? Perhaps someone would like to travel with me. I’ve friends out there which is a plus but I hate being bothersome so if anyone would like to join please do !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Save some money when you get back working, get yourself a WHV and plane ticket and get to Australia. No other way of seeing if you like it. If you have friends, hit them up, stay a few nights here and there with them. They've all been in your situation. You should get plenty of bar work and the standard of bar staff here isn't great so you'll outshine most of the bar staff here.

Advertisement