If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD142 vs W1050 projector

Options
  • 02-01-2018 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

Looking to pick one of these HD142 or w1050 up which one would you rate best for movies.
    Looking  to get before Feb so in the next week or so. Do they take long to deliver t ireland.
    What type of warrany comes with them. Sorry first time buyer but heard great things.

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Lads,

Looking to pick one of these HD142 or w1050 up which one would you rate best for movies.
    Looking  to get before Feb so in the next week or so. Do they take long to deliver t ireland.
    What type of warrany comes with them. Sorry first time buyer but heard great things.

Thanks
    Rob
    Hi Rob.

The W1050 is the better of the 2 projectors and produces the better image. (In stock)
    Its currently priced at £499.00 (Comes with our 6 year guarantee free of charge).
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202953-benq-w1050.aspx

You could also look at the the optoma HD27 which also a great projector priced at the same £499 (Currently awaiting on more stock) - (Comes with our 6 year guarantee free of charge).
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202229-hd27.aspx

Delivery is usually 3-5 working days if an item is in stock.

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Hi Rob.

The W1050 is the better of the 2 projectors and produces the better image. (In stock)
    Its currently priced at £499.00 (Comes with our 6 year guarantee free of charge).

You could also look at the the optoma HD27 which also a great projector priced at the same £499 (Currently awaiting on more stock) - (Comes with our 6 year guarantee free of charge).

Hi Kenny

Thanks for getting back to me what is the best price you could do on the w1050.

Thanks
    Rob

Hi Rob.

Hi Kenny

Thanks for getting back to me what is the best price you could do on the w1050.

Thanks
    Rob
    Hi Rob.

I have very little movement on this unfortunately.

Very best I could do would be £490 with free shipping.

Hi Rob.

Cheers Kenny thought I seen it offered on boards a couple of days ago for 479? Was that a sale price no hassle if it was just checking before I pull the trigger.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057823765/1/#post105671782

Hi Rob.

Cheers Kenny thought I seen it offered on boards a couple of days ago for 479? Was that a sale price no hassle if it was just checking before I pull the trigger.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057823765/1/#post105671782
    Hi Robfowler78.

Our pricing has been up and down from Boxing day when our sale started and some times can change several time a day to stay with the competition.

I will however honour the £479.95 pricing.

• Advertisement

Hi Robfowler78.

Our pricing has been up and down from Boxing day when our sale started and some times can change several time a day to stay with the competition.

Ah cheers Kenny appreciate you doing that. How do I go about ordering at that price if paying by Card.

Rob

Hi Robfowler78.

Ah cheers Kenny appreciate you doing that. How do I go about ordering at that price if paying by Card.

Rob
    Hi Robfowler78.

If you drop me your contact number in a PM we can give you a call.

Hi Robfowler78.

Cheers Kenny PM sent

Hi Robfowler78.

Cheers Kenny PM sent
    Cheers Robfowler78.

Hi Kenny

Received the w1050 today all was well except for the internal speaker. I have it connected up trough HDMI with a roku3. The audio is low I mean you can't hear it unless you put your ear up to the projector. Even then you can only make out loud noises not speech. I connected it up to a set of speakers through the audio out and sound can be heard but only with the speakers set to full blast. I have the projector audio set to the highest. Is there any setting that I'm missing that you know off. 

Thanks Rob 

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny

Received the w1050 today all was well except for the internal speaker. I have it connected up trough HDMI with a roku3. The audio is low I mean you can't hear it unless you put your ear up to the projector. Even then you can only make out loud noises not speech. I connected it up to a set of speakers through the audio out and sound can be heard but only with the speakers set to full blast. I have the projector audio set to the highest. Is there any setting that I'm missing that you know off. 

Thanks Rob 

Hey lads

Tried this again this morning connected a ps4 and ps3 up through HDMI still very low sound through the internal speaker and also the Phono out to speakers. Is this normal for this projector? I have a 5.1 surround sound with sub coming over later from a mate to try. Id imagine you should be able to hear the internal speakers I know they won't be great at 2watt but at the moment my phone has a louder volume. Could you check on the store one to see if the sound is that bad.

Cheers
    Rob

Hey lads

Tried this again this morning connected a ps4 and ps3 up through HDMI still very low sound through the internal speaker and also the Phono out to speakers. Is this normal for this projector? I have a 5.1 surround sound with sub coming over later from a mate to try. Id imagine you should be able to hear the internal speakers I know they won't be great at 2watt but at the moment my phone has a louder volume. Could you check on the store one to see if the sound is that bad.

Cheers
    Rob

Hey just wondering if anybody got a chance to look at this or would I be better to contact service. No hassle just want to make sure in case I need to return.

Rob

Hey lads

Cheers
    Rob

Hey just wondering if anybody got a chance to look at this or would I be better to contact service. No hassle just want to make sure in case I need to return.

Rob
    Hi Rob.

Apologies for the delay.

We are experience an high amount of traffic through all of our outlets (Boards, Facebook, websales, phone sales and in store customers) here at the Belfast store.

I would have thought the internal speaker might be a little louder. Our Demo room is currently closed due to a high volume of stock and our projector setup is out of action because of this.

I will try and get the 1050 set up on our shopfloor and test the internal speaker but it might not be until later this afternoon or first thing tomorrow morning.

Hi Rob.

Apologies for the delay.

We are experience an high amount of traffic through all of our outlets (Boards, Facebook, websales, phone sales and in store customers) here at the Belfast store.

I would have thought the internal speaker might be a little louder. Our Demo room is currently closed due to a high volume of stock and our projector setup is out of action because of this.

I will try and get the 1050 set up on our shopfloor and test the internal speaker but it might not be until later this afternoon or first thing tomorrow morning.

Hey Kenny,

No problem at all sure let me know what you think I'll set it up with the 5.1 speaker and I've a sound bar to try later myself and sure if the sound has improved through that I'll let you know. No hassle on the delay at all now I know someone is looking into it.

Thanks for taking the time.
    Rob

Hi Rob.

Apologies for the delay.

Hey Kenny,

No problem at all sure let me know what you think I'll set it up with the 5.1 speaker and I've a sound bar to try later myself and sure if the sound has improved through that I'll let you know. No hassle on the delay at all now I know someone is looking into it.

Rob
    Hey Robfowler78.

I have one of the guys here at the store setting up our demo 1050 now to check the internal speaker.

I'll revert back as soon as I get a listen to it.

Hi Rob.

Apologies for the delay.

Hey Kenny,

Rob
    Hey Robfowler78.

I have one of the guys here at the store setting up our demo 1050 now to check the internal speaker.

Thanks really appreciate you taking the time to do that 

Rob 

Hi Rob.

Apologies for the delay.

Hey Kenny,

Rob
    Hey Robfowler78.

Rob 
    Hey Rob.

Just had a listen and yip it is very very low unfortunately.
    I also tried a different projector and it was not much better.

I also connected an external speaker.
    The first was a JBL little blutooth speaker. Connected via 3.5mm and it was also very very low.
    I then connected into our Cambridge CXA60 stereo systems 3.5mm to 2 phono and it was spot on as the Cambridge can output a much higher wattage.

If connected through an A/V receiver it will also sound 100% better as the A/V receiver is decoding the audio before it hits the projector.

Hi Rob.

Apologies for the delay.

Hey Kenny,

Rob
    Hey Robfowler78.

Rob 
    Hey Rob.

The first was a JBL little blutooth speaker. Connected via 3.5mm and it was also very very low.
    I then connected into our Cambridge CXA60 stereo systems 3.5mm to 2 phono and it was spot on as the Cambridge can output a much higher wattage.

If connected through an A/V receiver it will also sound 100% better as the A/V receiver is decoding the audio before it hits the projector.
    Thanks Kenny that's what I found myself works great with the decoders but the internal speaker and 3.5 very low. I just wanted to make sure that that was correct as more then happy with the picture. Thanks again for going to the trouble of checking that for me I have an old 5.1 system here that works but might be in touch about a sound up grade once all setup and room figured out.

Thanks again
    Rob  

Hi Rob.

Apologies for the delay.

Hey Kenny,

Rob
    Hey Robfowler78.

Rob 
    Hey Rob.

Thanks Kenny that's what I found myself works great with the decoders but the internal speaker and 3.5 very low. I just wanted to make sure that that was correct as more then happy with the picture. Thanks again for going to the trouble of checking that for me I have an old 5.1 system here that works but might be in touch about a sound up grade once all setup and room figured out.

Thanks again
    Rob  
    No problem at all Rob.

Glad I could be of help. Plus it gave me an excuse to escape my office for a while.

Let me know if you have nay more questions or when you are think about a new A/V setup and i will see what I can do for you.

Enjoy your weekend.

Hi Rob.

Apologies for the delay.

Hey Kenny,

Rob
    Hey Robfowler78.

Rob 
    Hey Rob.

Thanks again
    Rob  
    No problem at all Rob.

Glad I could be of help. Plus it gave me an excuse to escape my office for a while.

Let me know if you have nay more questions or when you are think about a new A/V setup and i will see what I can do for you.

Enjoy your weekend.
    Will do 

• Advertisement

Hi Rob.

Apologies for the delay.

Hey Kenny,

Rob
    Hey Robfowler78.

Rob 
    Hey Rob.

Thanks again
    Rob  
    No problem at all Rob.

Enjoy your weekend.
    Will do 
    :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.